• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this even mean?

Are you trying to say because PK at 30 years old hasn't won a title that Braun at 32 is a better player? i hope not because that would just be silly.
I'm saying that individual good players do not necessarily relate to a championship team. Chemistry, playing your role to the fullest game day coaching... all have to be considered when building a championship team. Subban's contribution to a team aren't worth the distractions. He now holds the two time record for highest salary being traded away by a team... I'm guessing his two former teams have come to the same conclusion as me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that individual good players do not necessarily relate to a championship team. Chemistry, playing your role to the fullest game day coaching... all have to be considered when building a championship team. Subban's contribution to a team aren't worth the distractions. He now holds the two time record for highest salary being traded away by a team... I'm guessing his two former teams have come to the same conclusion as me.
Or the teams he was traded to covet his play as a great hockey player. Im thinking he is a little better than Braun and i would think most hockey people would agree.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade market and Subban: the Flyers’ impatience may have cost them this offseason

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think if Podkolzin didn't get taken at 10 we would've selected him at 11.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the teams he was traded to covet his play as a great hockey player. Im thinking he is a little better than Braun and i would think most hockey people would agree.

Cutting both ways on this one las. Earlier in the season you were making the argument that the Isles got better by getting rid of Tavares because they were more of a team. In your opinion, the Flyers should have gotten rid of G, using that same logic.

Now you want to add as many great hockey players as you can, regardless of their impact on the team chemistry. Which one is it? Did I win you over? :D

FTR, I'd take Subban on my team in a heartbeat. I think he's good and I think he's worth whatever distractions he comes with. However, in a cap world, I think the Flyers (w/ Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, and Myers) would be better served spending $9M elsewhere. Plus him and Therrien have proven they don't work well together.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting both ways on this one las. Earlier in the season you were making the argument that the Isles got better by getting rid of Tavares because they were more of a team. In your opinion, the Flyers should have gotten rid of G, using that same logic.

Now you want to add as many great hockey players as you can, regardless of their impact on the team chemistry. Which one is it? Did I win you over? :D

FTR, I'd take Subban on my team in a heartbeat. I think he's good and I think he's worth whatever distractions he comes with. However, in a cap world, I think the Flyers (w/ Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, and Myers) would be better served spending $9M elsewhere. Plus him and Therrien have proven they don't work well together.
Awaz this is the third time you brought this up in the wrong context so please stop with the Taveras comparisons since the point (and you know this all too well) i was making about Taveras being off the Isles and still stand by it was to getting rid of their best player and still be good which is the point i was making about Giroux being off of our team who i think is not a winner or a good leader.

Now that that is over lets get to the trade of Devils got rid of spare parts for a top 2 defenseman that makes 9 million with three years left ,we got rid of Gudas a 1st a 2nd for Braun and Nisky 3/4 defenseman making 9.5. i while retaining salary. I would think the better trade would be Gudas and a first and 2nd rounder for Subban all day every day.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz this is the third time you brought this up in the wrong context so please stop with the Taveras comparisons since the point (and you know this all too well) i was making about Taveras being off the Isles and still stand by it was to getting rid of their best player and still be good which is the point i was making about Giroux being off of our team who i think is not a winner or a good leader.

Now that that is over lets get to the trade of Devils got rid of spare parts for a top 2 defenseman that makes 9 million with three years left ,we got rid of Gudas a 1st a 2nd for Braun and Nisky 3/4 defenseman making 9.5. i while retaining salary. I would think the better trade would be Gudas and a first and 2nd rounder for Subban all day every day.

Trade was a 2nd and 3rd, not a 1st and 2nd. But for the most part I agree with you there. I would've rather done Gudas and draft picks for Subban. (Though Subban is not really the type of dman they need, they have Subban-light with Ghost)

I don't think the Preds would have though. The key for them is the salary. According to the McKenzie's of the world, they're shedding salary to sign Duchene.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never compared Subban and Braun head up - nice way to deflect the crux of my argument. I am a minority here , but I don’t think Subban gets you a cup. Time will tell, but I’ll put a stake in the ground and say Subban won’t get a cup at NJ even with with #1 picks over the last several years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright, now it just seems like he’s doin shit to do shit.

Saves like $1M on the cap I guess? I don’t know much about Pitlick, but sounds like he’s pretty similar in style to Hartman, except less good offensively?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he’s a hitter, moreso than Hartman even. Also plays a lot of defense, 70% of his shifts started in the dzone this season. Played on the PK.

Seems like a ‘4th liners should PK’ statement.

Also further drives home the point that Fletcher wanted to change the makeup of the team.

Doesn’t move the needle a ton for me, but Pitlick seems fine. *shrug*

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he’s a hitter, moreso than Hartman even. Also plays a lot of defense, 70% of his shifts started in the dzone this season. Played on the PK.

Seems like a ‘4th liners should PK’ statement.

Also further drives home the point that Fletcher wanted to change the makeup of the team.

Doesn’t move the needle a ton for me, but Pitlick seems fine. *shrug*
It seems like a cap trade that leaves us a bit more money

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a cap trade that leaves us a bit more money

Yep. Pitlick missed the last 2 months or so after wrist surgery. (Was looking for why he only played 47 games this year)

Article I read about the injury talked about the how the Stars would miss him and his ‘excess value compared to his 1M cap hit’. So that’s good.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seravali seems to think Talbot is going to the Flames.

Flyers were rumored to be interested in Reimer down in Florida and Fletcher has mentioned trading for a goalie.

Pitlick/Hartman deal clearing space to trade for Reimer’s 3.4M contract? Florida needs to move goalie money (3.4 for Reimer, 4.5 for Luongo) if they’re bringing in Bob. Would be a high price to acquire Reimer, but is he really the best option? That’s a lot to pay for a guy you hope is your backup IMO. Gives you some security because he’s had some good seasons, but still. Maybe (hopefully) Florida would retain some contract there?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never compared Subban and Braun head up - nice way to deflect the crux of my argument. I am a minority here , but I don’t think Subban gets you a cup. Time will tell, but I’ll put a stake in the ground and say Subban won’t get a cup at NJ even with with #1 picks over the last several years.
Which gets us closer to a cup while trading the exact same pieces:
Trade for a 30 year old Subban making 9 million for 3 more years or trade for a 32 year old Nitsky and 32 year old Braun making 9.5 million for 1 and 2 more years. This is an easy one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Pitlick missed the last 2 months or so after wrist surgery. (Was looking for why he only played 47 games this year)

Article I read about the injury talked about the how the Stars would miss him and his ‘excess value compared to his 1M cap hit’. So that’s good.
I like this trade as they are pretty much the same player with less offense by Pitlik but we both were hearing 2.5 for Hartman and i didn't want to see us pay him that much. Plus we get the extra million to pay our own players

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seravali seems to think Talbot is going to the Flames.

Flyers were rumored to be interested in Reimer down in Florida and Fletcher has mentioned trading for a goalie.

Pitlick/Hartman deal clearing space to trade for Reimer’s 3.4M contract? Florida needs to move goalie money (3.4 for Reimer, 4.5 for Luongo) if they’re bringing in Bob. Would be a high price to acquire Reimer, but is he really the best option? That’s a lot to pay for a guy you hope is your backup IMO. Gives you some security because he’s had some good seasons, but still. Maybe (hopefully) Florida would retain some contract there?
Id be pretty pissed if we are going to pay a back up 3.4 or 4.5. :mad2:. Hopefully he comes to his sense and just signs a pretty decent back up without spending too much.

2019 NHL Free Agents Tracker