• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think we can all agree that we saw a lot of uh-oh moments of past performances, if AV and his staff can't figure it out then I'll panic. Hopefully they are looking at new combo's to see what works long time going forward.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no other place for him to be in except the danger zone because that's the only place he is on the ice.
Supposedly AV cut Jake's ice time for slacking, hope he does it to JVR and anyone else who is not playing up to their potentials, Jake won't be able to take shifts off this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no other place for him to be in except the danger zone because that's the only place he is on the ice.

At least he's using his 217 pounds to get to the net. What's Jake using his 214 pounds for?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly AV cut Jake's ice time for slacking, hope he does it to JVR and anyone else who is not playing up to their potentials, Jake won't be able to take shifts off this year.

Agreed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he's using his 217 pounds to get to the net. What's Jake using his 214 pounds for?
To get to the net? He glides in and your not allowed to touch guys in front anymore or its a penalty so how hard is it to "get" to the net?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Jake and Gee are your guys. I wanted them traded for 2 years now so its funny how you argued for the last two years to keep the core on this team and now your blasting one of them when you should be blasting both of them.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so nice to read the posts or real sane Flyers fans.

Yes, I have had the koolaid. Jake's days, if they aren't already, should be numbered. He has gone from a solid two way player with above average offensive upside to ... what he is now...a tourist.

G can be salvaged, but that C should come off his sweater. The issue is, I don't think that there is a real Captain in the room. And no, I don't think Simmonds was one either...remember the shifts off/not showing up to start games/that all happened when he was here as well.

I don't know how it will get done, cause Jake has a monstrous contract, but it really does need to happen. It will shake up the room. It will send a very clear message and it will re-distribute the salary cap.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Jake and Gee are your guys. I wanted them traded for 2 years now so its funny how you argued for the last two years to keep the core on this team and now your blasting one of them when you should be blasting both of them.
I have to disagree with you on Gee right now, his problem to me is linemates. Jake on the other hand, I've said it before, there are a lot of Jake's in the league, him being traded wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I have had the koolaid. Jake's days, if they aren't already, should be numbered. He has gone from a solid two way player with above average offensive upside to ... what he is now...a tourist.

G can be salvaged, but that C should come off his sweater. The issue is, I don't think that there is a real Captain in the room. And no, I don't think Simmonds was one either...remember the shifts off/not showing up to start games/that all happened when he was here as well.

I don't know how it will get done, cause Jake has a monstrous contract, but it really does need to happen. It will shake up the room. It will send a very clear message and it will re-distribute the salary cap.
So who leads then? I sure don't see anyone else here who is a leader, that may be the main issue. Maybe give the C to Hart, seems the only one focused. I'm hopeful this season we do some trimming at the trade deadline for something more productive.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there is little sense in arguing over JVR's role here. He either plays well on the PP or he doesn't, it's all we can hope for that he can at least start scoring. He'll frustrate all of us throughout the season lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary is smaller and lighter, so I hope they're faster. Younger? True (for last night, at least), but I bet when we start Hart and Patrick in place of Elliott and Stewart, you'll find that we're just as young, if not younger. Our overall roster is younger.

It was a pathetic team effort last night, so I'm just going to forget about it and move on. If it happens again tonight, then we have a trend and subsequent issues.

Bingo. Outside of Elliot, they sucked last night. Pretty much top to bottom.
Well we're def going to need to at least learn to skate with these teams, Calgary was all over everything and forced bad decision after bad decision. This was a trend from last season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you on Gee right now, his problem to me is linemates. Jake on the other hand, I've said it before, there are a lot of Jake's in the league, him being traded wouldn't be that big of a deal.
So lets keep Gee until he is old and cant get any value from him either on the ice or in a trade.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couts would be able to wear that C and i would be proud.

Also thanks for the sane comment i know you had to be talking about me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who leads then? I sure don't see anyone else here who is a leader, that may be the main issue. Maybe give the C to Hart, seems the only one focused. I'm hopeful this season we do some trimming at the trade deadline for something more productive.
Goalies cant be captains in the NHL.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're def going to need to at least learn to skate with these teams, Calgary was all over everything and forced bad decision after bad decision. This was a trend from last season.
How can we learn to skate when we have the JVR glide technique down pat.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets keep Gee until he is old and cant get any value from him either on the ice or in a trade.
So how exactly is Gee a problem for this team? Just curious as to your opinion, I don't think he should be Captain but he brings a lot of offense. If that production changes then yes I will call on him to be replaced. He is actually an easy fix compared to Jake

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I blast who I think deserves to be blasted. And just because I'm saying they're not playing well, doesn't mean I want them traded or that they're awful players. I still want to keep the core of the team, Jake included. That hasn't changed. Jake needs to play better. And I never said G, Ghost, and JvR didn't need to play better, because they do too. But you've got them covered.

But I'm also willing to look beyond one bad game. They started this season pretty well so far. They flat out dominated in 7 of their first 9 periods of play this season. Last night, they sucked. It probably won't be the last game where they suck. That's hockey. And like clockwork, the next time they suck, you'll be all over the board bitching about JvR and Giroux. I'm sure it won't even matter what they've done between off games, because as long as JvR and Giroux are on the team you will hate them and blame them for everything that ails the Flyers.

Tonight will be an interesting one, the Oilers have started on fire, the Flyers have had a tough travel schedule to start and are on a back to back. I expect they'll need some Hart brilliance to keep them in it, and hopefully they can get a few shining moments to get enough offense to win the game or at least get a point out of it.