• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody opposed to Myers replacing Ghost in the line up? It can't be any worse could it? I thought Myers looked ok last year. Not great but pretty solid if I remember clearly.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that this is the same trend year after year where a pro team can't get up for a game. I don't know what motivates this squad but I don't think it's hockey.
I agree with Awaz they actually played ok but no luck and they fall behind. They'll get a break and if they don't turn it around in the next few weeks we'll have reason to panic. I'm not jumping off the bridge 5 games in that's beyond ridiculous...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody opposed to Myers replacing Ghost in the line up? It can't be any worse could it? I thought Myers looked ok last year. Not great but pretty solid if I remember clearly.
Too early Myers will get his shot...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52-22 in shots and lose 6-3 that's hockey. At least Jake got it going he needs to keep it up. Feel bad for Ghost he's beyond struggling...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that this is the same trend year after year where a pro team can't get up for a game. I don't know what motivates this squad but I don't think it's hockey.

And yes my negativity is justified damnit, lol!!!

I thought they were up for the game, as the advanced metrics were in their favor, rather heavily.
The team at BSH will have the numbers, but most of them were in favor of the Flyers, save for the one that matters the most, the scoreboard.

Edmonton was able to find the corners on the few opportunities they had and the Flyers could not capitalize on the numerous quality chances that they had. I get it. It's frustrating watching Giroux get the puck between the circles and then shoot over the net. Or Coutorier find Ghost wide open in front of the net, only to have it go up and over. We make every goalie look like Dominik Hasek.

If they keep dominating play, the goals will come.
I'm not going to blame the Europe game or the opening west coast trip.
If they keep playing like this, I'm confident the wins will come.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last night they maybe started a little slowly, but after the first goal (so 2 minutes in) through the midway mark of the 2nd, they were playing very well IMO. Just could not finish.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52-22 in shots and lose 6-3 that's hockey. At least Jake got it going he needs to keep it up. Feel bad for Ghost he's beyond struggling...

Jake would get it going after I bash him yesterday :lol:

But I'm glad he got it going. Hopefully that's a boost for him and he keeps it going. Maybe he'll drag one of the other stars with him on Saturday.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Awaz they actually played ok but no luck and they fall behind. They'll get a break and if they don't turn it around in the next few weeks we'll have reason to panic. I'm not jumping off the bridge 5 games in that's beyond ridiculous...

I think it will be assessment time after the Pens game on the 29th. They got through an arduous schedule with a 2-2-1 record, that's not "sky is falling" territory. No back to backs and the furthest they have to go is Chicago between now and the 29th. Lets see how they do with a normal schedule.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plays against top lines and kills penalties and if you are strictly using +/- the forwards sure aren't helping in that area are they? Can you imagine where AMac would be right now playing in his spot or one of the young guys with no experience.

Overall factor in that they were in Europe now west coast schedule a little nuts to start. Except for tonights game they've been in them with their top scorers absent... they'll get it going.
In case you missed the news AMAC is gone i have no idea why you keep bringing his name up.

Braun with another solid game with a minus 2 and a total of minus 5 for this young season

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux and JvR lead the team in scoring chances. 14 each. JvR leads in high danger chances for, with 10. I don't understand the argument that JvR is supposed to go to the front of the net so of course he has more chances. If that's where the goals are, they should all be going to the net. If Jake is invisible (7 scoring chances, 1 high danger), then he should get his ass to the net instead of dicking around on the perimeter.

But none of that matters. All the guys mentioned need to be putting up points, not scoring chances. The Flyers are going to be very bad if Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, and JvR combine for 1 point every 4 games. I'm not trying to absolve one or the other, but at least there's some signs of life with Giroux and JvR. Voracek and Ghost look terrible. While that's the case, I'm going to call out Voracek and Ghost to make sure the blame doesn't just get dumped on your favorite whipping boys, Giroux and JvR.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick
These stats you posted that says JVR is closer to breaking out than Jake please print them out and put them directly into the shredder.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, if Myers comes to the line up he should be replacing Braun the minus.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a shake up! If this continues for another few weeks I am all for taking the C off G

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were up for the game, as the advanced metrics were in their favor, rather heavily.
The team at BSH will have the numbers, but most of them were in favor of the Flyers, save for the one that matters the most, the scoreboard.

Edmonton was able to find the corners on the few opportunities they had and the Flyers could not capitalize on the numerous quality chances that they had. I get it. It's frustrating watching Giroux get the puck between the circles and then shoot over the net. Or Coutorier find Ghost wide open in front of the net, only to have it go up and over. We make every goalie look like Dominik Hasek.

If they keep dominating play, the goals will come.
I'm not going to blame the Europe game or the opening west coast trip.
If they keep playing like this, I'm confident the wins will come.
The wins will come if we play like this but its clear we are better than the bad teams and not going to beat the good teams. AV did say it may take until Christmas to get the system down.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im could almost swear JVR was pulled from PP1 last night. Am i mistaken about this?