• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the good stuff from the article that Wiggy intentionally did not post.

Wade suspected something was wrong. The wild elbow seemed out of the ordinary. So he staged an intervention. He invited Whiteside over to his house for lunch, seeking to get to the bottom of this festering rage.

“I wanted to know where the anger came from,” Wade recalls now. He asked Whiteside: “What triggered you so fast to do those things?”

The big man came clean. Animosity had overtaken him during his journey, from Lebanon to China and back to the NBA. Whiteside admitted to Wade that, after being waived by the Kings, he couldn’t bring himself to watch the NBA for two years because of the hatred he held in his heart for the league.

Hearing Whiteside’s struggles affected Wade. He saw him differently. He realized that his teammate was just misunderstood and required a different approach to get through to him.

“When Hassan first came in, we treated him like Shaq [Shaquille O'Neal] or Zo [Alonzo Mourning] how you try to motivate him,” Wade says now. “Over time, you realize he’s different. You have to approach him differently.”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a June conversation, Spo had with Hassan.

Spoelstra then turned to Whiteside with a lesson. “Be ready for it,” he said to his star center. “Because if you don’t turn things around, it will happen to you. It happened to me. How will you respond if the fans turn against you?”

Spoelstra paused and looked at him dead in the eye.

“We’re in this together,” the coach said.

Whiteside nodded. Things would change.

His first call went to Blair. But not long after Whiteside started reaching out to mend fences with others. Take training more seriously. He worked with Remy five days a week in July, alternating between him and Blair. He spent August at DBC Fitness, the same gym that helped transform Victor Oladipo two summers ago. Whiteside also brought in other types of reinforcements. One day, Whiteside reached out to all of his teammates, including Dwyane Wade, via group chat, telling them that he had scheduled a South Beach workout the next morning with celebrity fitness guru Tony Thomas. Saturday morning at 8. In Miami. In the September sun. In the sand. Whiteside got the idea from a previous workout he endured with Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver and Miami native Antonio Brown.

So, Whiteside texted, who’s in?

For over an hour, no one responded to Whiteside’s text. Not one teammate.

“I was like, ‘fuck,’” Wade says now looking back a few weeks later.

Wade didn’t want to let “lil bro” down—especially if it’s Whiteside looking for a group workout.

Wade texted back: “Yo I’ll be there.”

The next morning, when Whiteside showed up early with Blair at 7:45, Wade was already there, ready to go at Ninth and Collins. Heat guard Rodney McGruder arrived shortly thereafter. And so the four of them went to work. Push-ups. Bear crawls. Agility drills. Sprints. Core workouts. The works.

“It was tough; it was definitely the last thing I wanted to do,” Wade says now, laughing. “But definitely glad I did it. I made sure I was there. I wanted him to know I’ll be there for him.”

Wade’s presence made an imprint on Whiteside.

“That’s what a leader does,” Blair says. “The little things that doesn’t show up in the box score but means way more than any statistic.”

The Heat are seeing returns on what they call The Village—Whiteside’s support system that includes, among others, Riley, Heat assistant coach Juwan Howard and trainer Jay Sabol. Howard has never seen Whiteside this focused on winning.

“No BS-ing you, he hasn’t a bad day [since Spoelstra’s meeting],” Howard said. “Everyone has helped him. Pat [Riley], [Heat owner] Micky Arison, Spo, Alonzo Mourning, U.D. [Udonis Haslem], [Heat shooting coach] Rob Fodor. We want to raise the trophy with him.”

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the entire Hassan article. Absolutely shocking that Wiggy didn't post any of the positive things said in the article

What?!? Wiggy posted an article and left out anything that didn't fit his agenda.

I have lost all faith in humanity. :tsk:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think Wiggy's bi-polar twin hacked BKSballer's account?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before @HurricaneDij39 and @WiggyRuss lose their shit....

images

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow is a consistent jump shot away from being a very good player. We already saw improvement in his 3 ball last year. He went from a 27 & 20% 3 pt shooter in his first 2 years to 38% last year.

I like this contract much better than the contracts they gave the Johnson Brothers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. These are a crime against humanity. Burn them with fire and seal the ashes in a vault buried 100 feet in the ground.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field day for what? It is basically a 2 yr/26 million deal for a player who is getting better and is only 22

I'm just entertained by Wiggy's thoughts on when the Heat continue to clog up their payroll with average/mediocre talent, that's all.

They can't sign anyone in the open market anyway, so therefore it makes perfect sense to continue to clog it up. :doh:

bow down to wiggy