• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the Los Angeles Lakers and we approve this message. - The Los Angeles Lakers

As a totally unbiased NBA fan I think any distraction for the Lakers is a good thing.

CELTICS IN SEVEN!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is trying to expand his game and Wiggy criticizes him. Dude is such a tool

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did it become an issue to expand your game? Seriously

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens. He has looked really good in preseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is simply trying to expand his game and it is a problem lol.....and you wonder why everyone on here think you're a tool

The three-pointer isn’t the only new wrinkle Whiteside is hoping to incorporate into his game. He also wants to push the ball off rebounds more often this season, like the play that began with a Whiteside rebound and ended with a Whiteside Euro-step layup Sunday.

“I want do that a lot more,” he said of pushing the pace. “I want to do that more than shoot threes. Just getting out, especially when the big guy is behind me. It’s tough. Let’s get up and run because I can dribble and I can finish at the rim.”

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this article cracks me up:

After a predraft workout with the Miami Heat, in which Whiteside got so exhausted that he just sat in the middle of the floor and refused to continue conditioning drills led by Keith Askins, the Sacramento Kings selected him 33rd overall in the 2011 NBA draft. Almost immediately, the team sent him to the D-League to play for the Reno Bighorns, coached by Eric Musselman, the former Kings head coach.

“At that time, nobody wanted to be in the D-League,” says Musselman. “Everybody wants to be in the NBA. There are guys that would be in the D-League and not want to be there but were extremely motivated to get out. They came with a purpose, a mission. Stayed before practice, after practice. Jeremy Lin was constantly asking, ‘How do I get better? How do I play pick-and-roll? Will you watch film with me?’

“And then you have Hassan. He was just kind of there.”

As time passed in Reno, Whiteside’s attitude soured. The Kings front office grew concerned, worrying that Whiteside’s “just kind of there” posture might start to rub off negatively on GMs and scouts, who would come to see the team at a D-League Showcase. So, then-GM Geoff Petrie yanked Whiteside back to Sacramento.

for Dwyane Wade, it was Whiteside’s third altercation in less than a year that put him over the edge. It was a live, nationally broadcasted game in February 2016, when Whiteside elbowed Boban Marjanovic’s chin. Whiteside received a one-game suspension for the hit. The Heat immediately sent him home. In the locker room, Wade didn’t hold back.

Whiteside caved and wore the brace, but he wasn’t himself—on or off the court. He routinely complained about playing time and touches last season. Whiteside grew distant from the team as the season pressed on. He stewed around the locker room and eventually implied that he wanted to be traded after sitting the fourth quarter and overtime against the Brooklyn Nets in March (“It’s bullshit. It’s really bullshit, man. There’s a lot of teams that could use a center,” he told reporters after the game).

After the profanity-laced rant that included a pseudo-trade demand, the team fined him for conduct detrimental to the team

After the season, former NBA coach Byron Scott, who played nine seasons for Pat Riley, delivered a message to Whiteside on ESPN’s The Jump: “You’ve got to grow up, man. You’re in the NBA. To me, that stands for No Boys Allowed. So, grow up and be a man

Fans and NBA insiders questioned if the money had gotten to him. One high-ranking executive, from a team who had interest in signing Whiteside in 2016 free agency but has since put that desire firmly on ice, put it this way: “We questioned how money would change him. That question was answered.”
TL;DR

But are you ever gonna change that quote at the bottom of your posts?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is trying to expand his game and Wiggy criticizes him. Dude is such a tool
its not in the SLIGHTEST bit about expanding his game

its about him whining constantly about him getting what he wants instead of whats good for the team. He wants a bunch of minutes, he wants the ball on the perimeter, he wants to run. You never hear this guy say what he should be saying- "Ill do what it takes to help the team and ill sacrficice shots, minutes whatever to make that happen"---- its "lots of teams need a center" its "I can shoot 3s, i can go coast to coast", hes a huge baby.

a total waste of 25M a year. AT the end of last year you wanted him dealt--- you have let the typical summer puff stories cloud your mind and you see a physical specimen like Whiteside and think what COULD be- when its been the same thing with him his ENTIRE career- its always about what HE wants and never about whats actually good for the team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came early to a Cavs game one time and watched HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE scrub Ira Newble hit like 30 straight 3's. I dont care who you are- every player in the NBA can shoot the lights out for the most part.

That does not mean even a LITTLE bit that he should be taking shots away from snipers like Ellington or Dragic etc.

Everyone has a role on the team- the guards bring the ball up because they are OUT Of THIS WORLD dribblers. Guys like Ellington shoot the 3 becasue there are probably not more than a few dozen people on THIS EARTH that do it better.

This guy is delusional. If he would have said "I am keeping my mouth shut, and doing everything i can to try and help this team win and I will do whatever the coach thinks is best" - I would have said- WOW looks like the dude has grown up.

Instead hes talking about shooting threes and taking the ball coast to coast. Its just cringe-inducing. I dont know if i have ever seen another pro athlete so profoundly tone-deaf with absolutely zero self-awareness.

hes a child.

Agree to a point. He definitely needs someone to teach him how to stfu sometimes. Or at least, just speak in cliches.

I still don't mind him talking about shooting 3's. Especially if he's been working on it. That's something that could actually help the team if he can at least be serviceable.

Brook Slowpez turned himself into a serviceable 3 point shooter and it helped the offense some last year.

But I don't see him going coast to coast helping. Especially if he really thinks he's going to be doing that 2-3 times a game.

He needs a Crash Davis:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“He’s been working on it,” Spoelstra said in advance of Tuesday’s preseason game against the Charlotte Hornets. “When he’s spacing the court and in those kind of circumstances, I want guys growing their games. At that point, he already had 12 to 13 rebounds. He had four offensive rebounds, a bunch of impactful things in the paint. That’s not necessarily a reward for that, but he was playing to his strengths, to our identity, imposing his will in the paint — and then that shot presented itself. I’m totally fine with it.”

Finding the balance between playing inside while also keeping defenses off balance with a few outside shots is Whiteside’s challenge.

“I think it’s just a read,” Whiteside said. “I think it’s more so of a read. As the season goes along, I’m going to get better at. I kind of look at what kind of guy I’m playing against. Like the DeAndre Jordans, [Rudy] Goberts, they are going to protect the rim more. So that flare three is going to be there a little more than against a guy that’s a lot smaller.”

Hassan Whiteside, the three-point shooter? A look at the possibility
Dude, Boban has been launching from 3 this preseason.

If a guy who can dunk with his feet still on the floor is shooting 3's, why not?

LNEYn9KaZkzQLcDp

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Boban has been launching from 3 this preseason.

If a guy who can dunk with his feet still on the floor is shooting 3's, why not?

LNEYn9KaZkzQLcDp

Exactly once you put in the work during the summer and don't abuse it, I'm fine with it. I don't want to see him attempting seven 3's in a game. Keep it at 1 or 2 and i can live with it

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the exact fucking thing i was thinking

I want Whiteside to say "Last year I was hurt and I let it get me down and my attitude wasnt what it should have been. I am working hard on doing whatever the coach wants me to do to try and win games. I am willing to sacrifice shots, blocks, whatever it takes, to try and help this team win"

instead--- " I can go coast to coast and i can shoot 3's" its a fucking joke. This guy is just so clueless. On his NBA Live ratings his "Awareness" rating should be -10000000000000000000000000000000000000.00

The important thing is that he’s at the gym morning, noon and night, working to improve.
When the games start, and he stays healthy, he’s a very talented player.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs asked for more. Riley the OG called him a mothertrucker and hung up....

lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the entire Hassan article. Absolutely shocking that Wiggy didn't post any of the positive things said in the article