• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just so confused.

Does he want to be traded?

I could see if he had a Donovan Mitchell type first or 2nd Season.

He didn't.

So, he has no leverage to demand a raise, which they offered to the tune of 800k more, nor a trade, more playing time.

Warriors offered him MORe money than the minimum, and apparently it's still on the table. It's a 2 year deal with the second being non-guaranteed.

I just don't understand it. As a restricted free agent you hold no leverage. On top of that he's coming off a down year, filled with injuries that hampered his production. The Warriors are really thin at the Wing positions and he'd have a lot of opportunity to take over as the back up SG. He's already familiar with the system and teammates, so he could slide right in. Livingston and Iguodala will sit for large stretches this year, so there's additional playing time there.

I just don't understand his position on this. I think his family is trying to leverage their way out of this situation by forcing the Warriors to renounce his rights or trade him. But there's zero trade market for him and there's no upside for the Warriors in renouncing their rights.

Shit if a player of Boogie's caliber can take a 1 year deal at 5.2M to build back up his value after his injury, there's no question McCaw should take a 1 year 2M deal to build himself back up too. But ultimately I think he's burned the bridge with the Warriors staff and his teammates. His teammates have been reaching out to him but he's gone radio silent. At this point I'm hoping that this is all just him being stupid, and not a product of something else.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 , @CitySushi , @LAD , @Hambombs ...

What exactly is Mccaw's endgame here?

Da fuq is up with going radio silent?

Is he mad that Cook is getting minutes?

I am so confused by what he's doing.

But, it's pretty clear he'd rather play 30 minutes for the Hawks, Suns or Kings over winning rings with a limited role.

Funny thing is, and allow me to get my @WiggyRuss on, I'm not sure he's good enough to crack those teams rotations, FOR BIG MINUTES, at his position.

He's not better than Ariza, Booker, Josh Jackson, Mikel Bridges, Taurean Prince, Deandre Bembry, Bogdanovic, Heild, Ferrell....

I'd probably play him before Shumpert.

But, you get my point.
I couldn't agree more. He hasn't progressed his game since becoming a Warrior. He will see what it's like to not win should he leave. And, I wouldn't mind another open spot on our roster if he did leave. lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys just aren't built that way.

But, like Durant, Garnett, Reggie Miller and Jamal Crawford, he's going to have to find a way to overcome the lack of bulk.

Slowly, but surely, he's making progress.

He should have a big year playing with Lebron.

18-20ppg is probably his floor by default.

Unless Kuz goes rip Shit ride em from the bench, Brandon will be the #2 scorer.
Agree on his progress & potential. But, I think he can & should add some weight - especially given how young he still is. He doesn't have to be pushing 300 lbs but he needs to add about 20 -30 more and that should be enough for him to absorb hits and finish plays.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors offered him MORe money than the minimum, and apparently it's still on the table. It's a 2 year deal with the second being non-guaranteed.

I just don't understand it. As a restricted free agent you hold no leverage. On top of that he's coming off a down year, filled with injuries that hampered his production. The Warriors are really thin at the Wing positions and he'd have a lot of opportunity to take over as the back up SG. He's already familiar with the system and teammates, so he could slide right in. Livingston and Iguodala will sit for large stretches this year, so there's additional playing time there.

I just don't understand his position on this. I think his family is trying to leverage their way out of this situation by forcing the Warriors to renounce his rights or trade him. But there's zero trade market for him and there's no upside for the Warriors in renouncing their rights.

Shit if a player of Boogie's caliber can take a 1 year deal at 5.2M to build back up his value after his injury, there's no question McCaw should take a 1 year 2M deal to build himself back up too. But ultimately I think he's burned the bridge with the Warriors staff and his teammates. His teammates have been reaching out to him but he's gone radio silent. At this point I'm hoping that this is all just him being stupid, and not a product of something else.
my all garbage team:

PG: Lonzo "Cant Shoot The" Ball
SG: Bogdon
SF: McCrap
PF:
C: Hassan Benchside

i need a PF

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my all garbage team:

PG: Lonzo "Cant Shoot The" Ball
SG: Bogdon
SF: McCrap
PF:
C: Hassan Benchside

i need a PF

I like how you set yourself up on this one for the PF position. LOL. I think it'd be fun to do this. Stipulation is that the player has to average more than 20 minutes per game. Shows that teams are playing them, despite how garbage they are.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the guy who averaged a double double in 2 straight NBA Finals?

yah sounds like a great idea.

duuuuuuuuyhhhh

Homers will homer. And stop defending a fella that got his nuts chopped off by his wide-assed woman.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing well. How about you?

Hopefully, you'll be able to be around posting more. Should be a fun season.

Pretty good man about to move out to Cali soon. On November 1st I will be around way more often now the season is here lol