• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking specifically about this year and how far they can go.

Why would anyone be talking about this year?

Barring some magical run where this roster of Lebron, a bunch of talented kids and 1 year make good contract guys gets on some kind of a role and makes a deeper than expected run...

this year is about developing the kids, fitting them with Lebron, hopefully getting them some playoff experience and playing well enough that another top FA would see himself as the final piece for a contender and decides to join the team next off-season.

Unless they pull off some blockbuster trade, a 2nd round exit is this current teams ceiling. I don't think that even the most deluded Lakers fans expect more than that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Lakers that what I would focus on either at the trade or buyout deadline- a tough, physical big man that is a vet and knows how to play the game and has some playoff experience.

Unless things somehow come together and they look like a team that could make a deep run, or they have a chance to add someone that they feel could benefit them beyond this season, (similar to 2007-'08 when Andrew Bynum took a big jump, they pulled off a trade for Pau and went from a team that no one expected to be better than a 5 or 6 seed to the finals), I'd be a little surprised if they make a move like that during the season.

I think in the off-season, they will look to add a top FA (obviously) and also look to bring in someone along the lines of what you describe.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barring some magical run where this roster of Lebron, a bunch of talented kids and 1 year make good contract guys gets on some kind of a role and makes a deeper than expected run...

this year is about developing the kids, fitting them with Lebron, hopefully getting them some playoff experience and playing well enough that another top FA would see himself as the final piece for a contender and decides to join the team next off-season.

Unless they pull off some blockbuster trade, a 2nd round exit is this current teams ceiling. I don't think that even the most deluded Lakers fans expect more than that.

Exactly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless things somehow come together and they look like a team that could make a deep run, or they have a chance to add someone that they feel could benefit them beyond this season, (similar to 2007-'08 when Andrew Bynum took a big jump, they pulled off a trade for Pau and went from a team that no one expected to be better than a 5 or 6 seed to the finals), I'd be a little surprised if they make a move like that during the season.

I think in the off-season, they will look to add a top FA (obviously) and also look to bring in someone along the lines of what you describe.
this is a post of yours from 2016 about the Cavs:

It's unlikely they will do it, but mortgaging the future may be exactly what they have to do to win a title while Lebron is there. It certainly doesn't look like they are going to be good enough to beat the Warriors or Spurs any time soon and other teams aren't going to stop trying to improve. With Lebron on the team, it's championship or bust.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's unlikely they will do it, but mortgaging the future may be exactly what they have to do to win a title while Lebron is there. It certainly doesn't look like they are going to be good enough to beat the Warriors or Spurs any time soon and other teams aren't going to stop trying to improve. With Lebron on the team, it's championship or bust.

I think that was absolutely the case for the Cavs because Lebron demanded it.

I don't think he is demanding that for this season with the Lakers. He may never demand it with them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you think that means something and somehow applies to this situation is hilarious.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no spoilers, Mecca. Me and Mrs. CL are going to see Venom right now... :lol:
Did you like it?

I did.

But, some hardcore fanboys were displeased.

Hardy does well playing crazy....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook those birds.

Go Navy!!!!

1983_Navy_vs_Air-Force.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sound bitter because LeBron left Cleveland:lol:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The funny thing is you think lebron has a year to waste at this point

Two years from now he will be 35 going on 36 by the time the playoffs roll around. A 36 year old lebron and another top FA (if they can even get one) still isn't good enough to make it out of the 2nd round in the west. Also other teams are going to get better, they won't be asleep at the wheel.

The ceiling may be a 2nd round exit, but the floor is about equally as possible.

They blew up their young core to win, otherwise they just blew their load on aging superstar and will be saddled with a massive contract for years.

Well your view may be more logical about expectations, that is not national expectations...It's championship or bust when lebron is on your team.

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was absolutely the case for the Cavs because Lebron demanded it.

I don't think he is demanding that for this season with the Lakers. He may never demand it with them.

That is not what he said in his letter when he came back to CLE. Things change fast. I guarantee you if the lakers start sucking, there is going to be prime time drama. It should be pretty fun actually, get your popcorn ready imo.

Also lebron didn't go there to win. If he wanted to win he would have joined Houston or Philly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is you think lebron has a year to waste at this point

thats what i dont get- in 2015 they are saying he might not have time! 2018? 3 seasons later all of a sudden its lets develop some 21 year olds, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol..........

Dekker has actually looked fairly decent thus far...he smokes tatum here

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol..........

Dekker has actually looked fairly decent thus far...he smokes tatum here
You couldn't trade 20 Dekker's for one Tatum...lol

What up with JR trying to start a brawl?...