• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron can play any position but he can't realistically play heavy minutes at the 4 or 5. First off, it really reduces one of his big advantages with his size but more importantly it will wear him down banging around with the meatheads.

They play Lebron at the 5 and other teams are going to throw in whatever meathead they have to foul him constantly.

I agree.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure that both of them will move around a lot on the court realistically neither of them are going to be playing the 1 or 5 much. And I can't see Ingram playing the 4 much at all.

That's the problem the Lakers team has this year. It is really undersized squad especially if McGee can't provide a lot of minutes.

Mcgee/Kuzma/Lebron/Ingram/Ball or Rondo is ok as a starting unit. But if McGee is off the floor things get really tricky. Moving Kuzma or Lebron to the 5 will force Ingram to play bigger matchups and the entire team is going to get outmuscled a lot.

Ingram won't play there much, maybe 3-5mpg....but he can play there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who takes him seriously?

Nobody.

I take him very seriously. And it's only a matter of time before he becomes a crucial decision maker in the Lakers front office.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has looked really dominant in the preseason. Much higher aggression levels. Fewer fade away jumps and a lot more attacking the basket with his back to the hoop.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i think Ingram can go from the 2 to the 3 but thats about wouldnt u agree?

LeBron can play anywhere from the 1 to the 5 but has resisted playing too many minutes at the 4 or 5 in his career. Plus- playing him at the 4 or the 5 takes the ball out of his hands more often and gets him beat up more down low. Thats why he has resisted it in the past.

Ingram can play 1-3. He may be able to play a little 4 in a small ball lineup, but I wouldn't want to do that too much. Maybe more in the future if he can add a little more weight. He definitely looks like he's gotten bigger, but he's still rail thin.

As for Lebron, I think he sees that the strength for this team is that it has several guys who can handle the ball and set others up to make plays. He seems more open (so far) to not having the ball in his hands as much and letting other guys set him up like he does for others. The ball movement when Lebron, Rondo, and Ingram are on the floor together has been pretty impressive at times, especially for only having 3 pre-season games together.

Like Ingram at the 4, I wouldn't want to see a lot of Lebron at the 5, but I can see how it could be very effective a couple of times a game or so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure that both of them will move around a lot on the court realistically neither of them are going to be playing the 1 or 5 much. And I can't see Ingram playing the 4 much at all.

That's the problem the Lakers team has this year. It is really undersized squad especially if McGee can't provide a lot of minutes.

Mcgee/Kuzma/Lebron/Ingram/Ball or Rondo is ok as a starting unit. But if McGee is off the floor things get really tricky. Moving Kuzma or Lebron to the 5 will force Ingram to play bigger matchups and the entire team is going to get outmuscled a lot.
the Lakers front court defense is going to be a sieve

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree to a point. I do agree that they will likely get outmuscled, but at the same time, how is the opponent going to handle the versatility that the Lakers will have?

Basically, they will be trading muscle for length and athleticism. They are going to be looking to push the pace a lot. So it will come down to whether or not the opponent can slow the game down or the Lakers can wear them out with ball movement and pace.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers front court defense is going to be a sieve

It's going to be interesting. They have a lot of length and athleticism, but not a lot of bulk.

They are trying to emphasize defense, but at some points, they just won't be big enough.

I expect that, this year, there will be quite a few games where they remind folks of the D'Antoni Suns teams.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answering the phones pays off.....there was a scheduled payment today for $2,392 and some change. Person called in and gave new payment info.....other 2 people on it are no longer here.....BOOM!!!!

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram can play 1-3. He may be able to play a little 4 in a small ball lineup, but I wouldn't want to do that too much. Maybe more in the future if he can add a little more weight. He definitely looks like he's gotten bigger, but he's still rail thin.

As for Lebron, I think he sees that the strength for this team is that it has several guys who can handle the ball and set others up to make plays. He seems more open (so far) to not having the ball in his hands as much and letting other guys set him up like he does for others. The ball movement when Lebron, Rondo, and Ingram are on the floor together has been pretty impressive at times, especially for only having 3 pre-season games together.

Like Ingram at the 4, I wouldn't want to see a lot of Lebron at the 5, but I can see how it could be very effective a couple of times a game or so.

Like Mecca says, he needs a few 1,000 cheeseburgers.....In N Out preferrably.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has looked really dominant in the preseason. Much higher aggression levels. Fewer fade away jumps and a lot more attacking the basket with his back to the hoop.

That's what he needs to do. It's nice to have a C who can shoot outside but when you're that good......you have to attack the basket.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited for this time of year.

College and pro football, NBA, NHL, and playoff baseball.....

#Greattimetobealive

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to a point. I do agree that they will likely get outmuscled, but at the same time, how is the opponent going to handle the versatility that the Lakers will have?

Basically, they will be trading muscle for length and athleticism. They are going to be looking to push the pace a lot. So it will come down to whether or not the opponent can slow the game down or the Lakers can wear them out with ball movement and pace.

Well that's the theory certainly. But as I say to @Gman about his Celtics, assuming that your team is going to be able to do something that no other teams have ever been able to do is a big ask.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he needs to do. It's nice to have a C who can shoot outside but when you're that good......you have to attack the basket.

Absolutely. It's great to have the fade away jumper but that should be the soul crushing shot after the defender has done his job.

Embiid has the potential to be one of the most physically dominant players we've seen in some time. Preseason has shown some good indications that he plans to be that player.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. It's great to have the fade away jumper but that should be the soul crushing shot after the defender has done his job.

Embiid has the potential to be one of the most physically dominant players we've seen in some time. Preseason has shown some good indications that he plans to be that player.

Yeah, I agree....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the theory certainly. But as I say to @Gman about his Celtics, assuming that your team is going to be able to do something that no other teams have ever been able to do is a big ask.

What are they asking them to do that "no other teams have ever been able to do"?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's made it to game 7 of the conference finals this past year without arguably their top two players... we're heading out of the realm of hypothetical and "assumption"...

This current C's roster is loaded and deadly. If GS wasn't the best team ever constructed, there would be far less doubt/argument on what a great team Boston is shaping into.