• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is you think lebron has a year to waste at this point

Apparently, so does Lebron. You know he's on the Lakers now, right?

Two years from now he will be 35 going on 36 by the time the playoffs roll around. A 36 year old lebron and another top FA (if they can even get one) still isn't good enough to make it out of the 2nd round in the west. Also other teams are going to get better, they won't be asleep at the wheel.

The ceiling may be a 2nd round exit, but the floor is about equally as possible.

They blew up their young core to win, otherwise they just blew their load on aging superstar and will be saddled with a massive contract for years.

Well your view may be more logical about expectations, that is not national expectations...It's championship or bust when lebron is on your team.

It's not championship or bust this year.

The Cavs blew up their young core because Lebron demanded it or he wouldn't have come back. He demanded it because he knew Gilbert couldn't be trusted to do what was necessary to win titles.

He didn't demand that of the Lakers and seems to be enjoying playing alongside the Lakers kids.

Bottom line, you and Wiggy can talk all you want about "wasted years". But you'll still be crying yourselves to sleep at night because Lebron is a Laker.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs blew up their young core because Lebron demanded it or he wouldn't have come back. He demanded it because he kinew Gilbert couldn't be trusted to do what was necessary to win titles.

He didn't demand that of the Lakers and seems to be enjoying playing alongside the Lakers kids.

Bottom line, you and Wiggy can talk all you want about "wasted years". But you'll still be crying yourselves to sleep at night because Lebron is a Laker.

The crying has been extremely evident these last couple of months

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna just leave this right here.....

It's only preseason.

But, how can you not love this guy?

His fucking feet are still on the ground and he's hanging on the rim.

He has to be in Space Jam.

Ps. R.I.P Notorious.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Conner get his entire ass whooped.

Dude got mauled.

The fight in the crowd was more competitive.

Told you he was in deep taking too much time off dicking around. I swear he just gave up and let him have his back and neck. Khabib is total trash though. I'd be fine if they just threw the entire fight out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you he was in deep taking too much time off dicking around. I swear he just gave up and let him have his back and neck. Khabib is total trash though. I'd be fine if they just threw the entire fight out.
Yup.

You called it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey

What in the entire fuck was Khabib thinking?

What happened to winning being the best revenge?

This is not the WWE.

This shit was worse than Connor and the bus.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is you think lebron has a year to waste at this point

Two years from now he will be 35 going on 36 by the time the playoffs roll around. A 36 year old lebron and another top FA (if they can even get one) still isn't good enough to make it out of the 2nd round in the west. Also other teams are going to get better, they won't be asleep at the wheel.

The ceiling may be a 2nd round exit, but the floor is about equally as possible.

They blew up their young core to win, otherwise they just blew their load on aging superstar and will be saddled with a massive contract for years.

Well your view may be more logical about expectations, that is not national expectations...It's championship or bust when lebron is on your team.

You want to talk about wasted years, how about 1 title over 2 stints and a total of 11 seasons? Even that one title took a timely suspension to occur.

Cleveland had to do those things to keep Lebron there because Cleveland has nothing else to keep him there; the hometown thing has worn out. He came back for the fans, got that one title, and that is done. How often do rich people stay around where they grew up out of loyalty, especially when it's somewhere like Cleveland? His whole family was all-in on moving to LA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to talk about wasted years, how about 1 title over 2 stints and a total of 11 seasons? Even that one title took a timely suspension to occur.

Cleveland had to do those things to keep Lebron there because Cleveland has nothing else to keep him there; the hometown thing has worn out. He came back for the fans, got that one title, and that is done. How often do rich people stay around where they grew up out of loyalty, especially when it's somewhere like Cleveland? His whole family was all-in on moving to LA.

Those 2 will never understand this. Because in their minds, playing with Kevin Love and Colin Sexton is some how an attractive option.

Fact is, Cleveland has traded assets for "win now" pieces every year. They just don't have many left. As soon as IT showed up hobbled and management correctly refused to deal the Nets pick their championship window had closed.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs blew up their young core because Lebron demanded it or he wouldn't have come back. He demanded it because he kinew Gilbert couldn't be trusted to do what was necessary to win titles.

Uh no.....now they're saying James is old.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup.

You called it.

Not really an MMA fan, but watched last night with my son, who is.

Really liked Derrick Lewis (his interview afterward was epic). I'll watch any of his fights. Also liked the crazy dude, El Cucuy(?), can't remember his real name. Would watch any of his fights too.

As for McGregor/Khabib, MMA now has it's own version of Mike Tyson biting Holyfields ear off.

My son says Khabib may have gotten himself banned for life. Says that at least, he's probably looking at a lengthy suspension, a big fine and maybe stripped of his title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs blew up their young core because Lebron demanded it or he wouldn't have come back. He demanded it because he knew Gilbert couldn't be trusted to do what was necessary to win titles.

hey any team with LeBron James in his prime is "championship or a big fat fucking bust"...

as i said

its just funny

LeBron goes back to Miami- huge party..."not one not two not three...etc."

LeBron James comes back to Cleveland- huge party---- thousands and thousands come out to see him at the stadium in Akron- hopes are high

LeBron James goes to LA- fans whine about the media treating him unfairly at his opening presser where he looks like he wants to be anywhere else in the world- and freely admit they have little to no chance of winning anything substantial.

as i said- that "keeps me warm" at night. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey any team with LeBron James in his prime is "championship or a big fat fucking bust"...

as i said

its just funny

LeBron goes back to Miami- huge party..."not one not two not three...etc."

LeBron James comes back to Cleveland- huge party---- thousands and thousands come out to see him at the stadium in Akron- hopes are high

LeBron James goes to LA- fans whine about the media treating him unfairly at his opening presser where he looks like he wants to be anywhere else in the world- and freely admit they have little to no chance of winning anything substantial.

as i said- that "keeps me warm" at night. lol

If you watched the last 2 Finals, he has about the same chance now as he did then.