• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 Oscars / 91st Academy Awards

Which film deserves Best Picture? (Not which film will get it, but which one deserves it.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how thin is your skin? i didn't even comment on the movie you saw other to say i didn't see it, but it was highly thought of early on, but never made it's way to the award season, which can be said of a lot of movies. i dished out nothing other than that, which is just talking about movies. why you felt that was personal, i'll never know.

he wears a helmet and eats boogers...what do you expect?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were looking to talk movies then you wouldn't have criticized a movie I liked. If you can dish it out you better be prepared to take it.

Criticizing doesn't involve talking (or In this case, tying)?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you hating on Kacey? I like a couple of her songs.
I do, as well, but her new album isnt something id expect to be elevated to album of the year.

Yea i can see that not being an overwhelmingly popular opinion, but more of a personal one....but shit i don't think i know much of anyone in person who thinks BP was better than Infinity War.

BP wasn't bad at all but damn..... Infinity War is probably my favorite one so far in the entire franchise.
Fwiw, I like BP a lot more than Infinity Wars. Infinity Wars is just half a Dragonball Z saga with awesome special effects.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Green Book won because it was the most entertaining movie of all those nominated. That should be the only criteria; not all the political nonsense and racial representation bullshit.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isle of Dogs & Can You Ever Forgive Me are the only ones nominated for anything that I've seen. I thoroughly enjoyed both. I'll probably catch them all eventually. But it seems as if it wasn't a great year for movies from what I've heard & read. TV is where it's at, and has been for a few years, if you're looking for quality viewing options.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isle of Dogs & Can You Ever Forgive Me are the only ones nominated for anything that I've seen. I thoroughly enjoyed both. I'll probably catch them all eventually. But it seems as if it wasn't a great year for movies from what I've heard & read. TV is where it's at, and has been for a few years, if you're looking for quality viewing options.
i will say, the shorts were all really good. people like different movies, so it's tough to quantify what is good from that respect. from a best picture standpoint, there were some admissions that could have been added to bolster it, they were all watchable. A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Black Panther were probably my least favorite of the bunch. I did like this for whatever reason

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Green Book won because it was the most entertaining movie of all those nominated. That should be the only criteria; not all the political nonsense and racial representation bullshit.
I disagree with this. A movie should be more than just entertainment. To look at art as just that, without having a moral or a lesson to be taught, you are just wasting your time as an artist. Producers, actors, directors, they are all trying to tell a story and express sometihng in these movies, not just to entertain.

There needs to be something you take away from a movie, not just "well that entertained me"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. A movie should be more than just entertainment. To look at art as just that, without having a moral or a lesson to be taught, you are just wasting your time as an artist. Producers, actors, directors, they are all trying to tell a story and express sometihng in these movies, not just to entertain.

There needs to be something you take away from a movie, not just "well that entertained me"
Nah. I watched Passion of the Christ for pure entertainment purposes.

Torture pron!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched it in years....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. Green Book still gets the nod with your criteria as far as I'm concerned.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Book sucked, BlacKkKlansmen should've won.

My wife agrees with you, though she did say Green Book was "ok". She saw the Green Book & The Favourite in theaters and BlacKkKlansmen yesterday and told me that it got robbed. That surprised me, as neither of us are big Spike Lee fans. I've usually found his films uneven.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife's only commentary is that she was actually surprised Rami Malek won best actor of the year. She thought he was only 'okay' as Freddie Mercury but she walked down the isle to a Queen song so she might just be really picky.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings: Oscars Rise for First Time in 5 Years, With Host-less Telecast

Ratings for the Academy Awards appear to have rebounded in 2019, following four straight years of declines.

According to very preliminary numbers, Sunday night’s host-free, tight-and-bright, 200-minute ABC telecast scored a 21.6 rating in the metered market households. That’s up 14 percent from last year’s 18.9, which marked an all-time low and ultimately translated into the ceremony’s smallest audience ever (26.5 million).

Update: In Nielsen finals, the Oscars delivered 29.6 million total viewers, up 11 percent from last year’s all-time low and marking the first audience gain in five years. In the covered 18-49 demo, the big show scored a 7.7, up 13 percent from 2018.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings: Oscars Rise for First Time in 5 Years, With Host-less Telecast

Ratings for the Academy Awards appear to have rebounded in 2019, following four straight years of declines.

According to very preliminary numbers, Sunday night’s host-free, tight-and-bright, 200-minute ABC telecast scored a 21.6 rating in the metered market households. That’s up 14 percent from last year’s 18.9, which marked an all-time low and ultimately translated into the ceremony’s smallest audience ever (26.5 million).

Update: In Nielsen finals, the Oscars delivered 29.6 million total viewers, up 11 percent from last year’s all-time low and marking the first audience gain in five years. In the covered 18-49 demo, the big show scored a 7.7, up 13 percent from 2018.
Not all too surprising. Black Panther, A Star is Born, and Bohemian Rhapsody is a really good best picture combo for ratings. Its probably really difficult to find someone who doesn't like Lady Gaga, Micheal B Jordan, or Queen.