• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 Oscars / 95th Academy Awards

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2022-2023 Oscars / 95th Academy Awards will take place on Sunday, March 12, 2023. The nominees were announced today, Tuesday, January 24, 2023:

Best Picture:
- All Quiet on the Western Front
- The Banshees of Inisherin
- Elvis
- Everything Everywhere All at Once
- The Fabelmans
- Tar
- Top Gun: Maverick
- Triangle of Sadness
- Women Talking

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Director:
- Martin McDonagh (The Banshees of Inisherin)
- Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert (Everything Everywhere All at Once)
- Steven Spielberg (The Fabelmans)
- Todd Field (Tar)
- Ruben Ostlund (Triangle of Sadness)

Best Lead Actor:
- Austin Butler (Elvis)
- Colin Farrell (The Banshees of Inisherin)
- Brendan Fraser (The Whale)
- Paul Mescal (Aftersun)
- Bill Nighy (Living)

Best Lead Actress:
- Cate Blanchett (Tar)
- Ana de Armas (Blonde)
- Andrea Riseborough (To Leslie)
- Michelle Williams (The Fabelmans)
- Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once)

Best Supporting Actor:
- Brendan Gleeson (The Banshees of Inisherin)
- Brian Tyree Henry (Causeway)
- Judd Hirsch (The Fabelmans)
- Barry Keoghan (The Banshees of Inisherin)
- Ke Huy Quan (Everything Everywhere All at Once)

Best Supporting Actress:
- Angela Bassett (Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)
- Hong Chau (The Whale)
- Kerry Condon (The Banshees of Inisherin)
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Everything Everywhere All at Once)
- Stephanie Hsu (Everything Everywhere All at Once)

Best Original Screenplay:
- The Banshees of Inisherin by Martin McDonagh
- Everything Everywhere All at Once by Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert
- The Fabelmans by Steven Spielberg & Tony Kushner
- Tar by Todd Field
- Triangle of Sadness by Ruben Ostlund

Best Adapted Screenplay:
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Edward Berger, Lesley Paterson & Ian Stokell
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery by Rian Johnson
- Living by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Top Gun: Maverick Screenplay by Ehren Kruger and Eric Warren Singer and Christopher McQuarrie; Story by Peter Craig and Justin Marks
- Women Talking by Sarah Polley

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Cinematography:
- All Quiet on the Western Front, James Friend
- Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths, Darius Khondji
- Elvis, Mandy Walker
- Empire of Light, Roger Deakins
- Tar, Florian Hoffmeister

Best Documentary Feature Film:
- All That Breathes, Shaunak Sen, Aman Mann and Teddy Leifer
- All the Beauty and the Bloodshed, Laura Poitras, Howard Gertler, John Lyons, Nan Goldin and Yoni Golijov
- Fire of Love, Sara Dosa, Shane Boris and Ina Fichman
- A House Made of Splinters, Simon Lereng Wilmont and Monica Hellstrom
- Navalny, Daniel Roher, Odessa Rae, Diane Becker, Melanie Miller and Shane Boris

Best Documentary Short Film:
- The Elephant Whisperers, Kartiki Gonsalves and Guneet Monga
- Haulout, Evgenia Arbugaeva and Maxim Arbugaev
- How Do You Measure a Year? Jay Rosenblatt
- The Martha Mitchell Effect, Anne Alvergue and Beth Levison
- Stranger at the Gate, Joshua Seftel and Conall Jones

Best Film Editing:
- The Banshees of Inisherin, Mikkel E.G. Nielsen
- Elvis, Matt Villa and Jonathan Redmond
- Everything Everywhere All at Once, Paul Rogers
- Tar, Monika Willi
- Top Gun: Maverick, Eddie Hamilton

Best International Feature Film:
- All Quiet on the Western Front (Germany)
- Argentina, 1985 (Argentina)
- Close (Belgium)
- EO (Poland)
- The Quiet Girl (Ireland)

Best Original Song:
- "Applause" from Tell It Like a Woman, Music and Lyric by Diane Warren
- "Hold My Hand" from Top Gun: Maverick, Music and Lyric by Lady Gaga and BloodPop
- "Lift Me Up" from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Music by Tems, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler and Ludwig Goransson; Lyric by Tems and Ryan Coogler
- "Naatu Naatu" from RRR, Music by M.M. Keeravaani; Lyric by Chandrabose
- "This Is a Life" from Everything Everywhere All at Once, Music by Ryan Lott, David Byrne and Mitski; Lyric by Ryan Lott and David Byrne

Best Production Design:
- All Quiet on the Western Front, Production Design: Christian M. Goldbeck; Set Decoration: Ernestine Hipper
- Avatar: The Way of Water, Production Design: Dylan Cole and Ben Procter; Set Decoration: Vanessa Cole
- Babylon, Production Design: Florencia Martin; Set Decoration: Anthony Carlino
- Elvis, Production Design: Catherine Martin and Karen Murphy; Set Decoration: Bev Dunn
- The Fabelmans, Production Design: Rick Carter; Set Decoration: Karen O’Hara

Best Visual Effects:
- All Quiet on the Western Front, Frank Petzold, Viktor Muller, Markus Frank and Kamil Jafar
- Avatar: The Way of Water, Joe Letteri, Richard Baneham, Eric Saindon and Daniel Barrett
- The Batman, Dan Lemmon, Russell Earl, Anders Langlands and Dominic Tuohy
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Geoffrey Baumann, Craig Hammack, R. Christopher White and Dan Sudick
- Top Gun: Maverick, Ryan Tudhope, Seth Hill, Bryan Litson and Scott R. Fisher

Best Animated Feature Film:
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio, Guillermo del Toro, Mark Gustafson, Gary Ungar and Alex Bulkley
- Marcel the Shell With Shoes On, Dean Fleischer Camp, Elisabeth Holm, Andrew Goldman, Caroline Kaplan and Paul Mezey
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Joel Crawford and Mark Swift
- The Sea Beast, Chris Williams and Jed Schlanger
- Turning Red, Domee Shi and Lindsey Collins

Best Animated Short Film:
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, Charlie Mackesy and Matthew Freud
- The Flying Sailor, Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby
- Ice Merchants, Joao Gonzalez and Bruno Caetano
- My Year of Dicks, Sara Gunnarsdottir and Pamela Ribon
- An Ostrich Told Me the World Is Fake and I Think I Believe It, Lachlan Pendragon

Best Costume Design:
- Babylon, Mary Zophres
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Ruth Carter
- Elvis, Catherine Martin
- Everything Everywhere All at Once, Shirley Kurata
- Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, Jenny Beavan

Best Live Action Short:
- An Irish Goodbye, Tom Berkeley and Ross White
- Ivalu, Anders Walter and Rebecca Pruzan
- Le Pupille, Alice Rohrwacher and Alfonso Cuaron
- Night Ride, Eirik Tveiten and Gaute Lid Larssen
- The Red Suitcase, Cyrus Neshvad

Best Makeup and Hairstyling:
- All Quiet on the Western Front, Heike Merker and Linda Eisenhamerova
- The Batman, Naomi Donne, Mike Marino and Mike Fontaine
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Camille Friend and Joel Harlow
- Elvis, Mark Coulier, Jason Baird and Aldo Signoretti
- The Whale, Adrien Morot, Judy Chin and Anne Marie Bradley

Best Original Score:
- All Quiet on the Western Front, Volker Bertelmann
- Babylon, Justin Hurwitz
- The Banshees of Inisherin, Carter Burwell
- Everything Everywhere All at Once, Son Lux
- The Fabelmans, John Williams

Best Sound:
- All Quiet on the Western Front, Viktor Prasil, Frank Kruse, Markus Stemler, Lars Ginzel and Stefan Korte
- Avatar: The Way of Water, Julian Howarth, Gwendolyn Yates Whittle, Dick Bernstein, Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers and Michael Hedges
- The Batman, Stuart Wilson, William Files, Douglas Murray and Andy Nelson
- Elvis, David Lee, Wayne Pashley, Andy Nelson and Michael Keller
- Top Gun: Maverick, Mark Weingarten, James H. Mather, Al Nelson, Chris Burdon and Mark Taylor

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Picture:
- All Quiet on the Western Front - Well done film. I liked some of the changes in the story
- Avatar: The Way of Water - Haven't seen it. Probably won't. Can't imagine it has a change to win.
- The Banshees of Inisherin - Superb performances. Dark story.
- Elvis - Still have to see it.
- Everything Everywhere All at Once - A truly creative story that took you all over the place only to ultimately bring you back to a classic mother/daughter story.
- The Fabelmans - Well executive. Good performances. Absolutely middle-tier for Spielberg
- Tar - Still have to see this.
- Top Gun: Maverick - Total romp. Fun movie. Jennifer Connelly is stil a complete smoke show.
- Triangle of Sadness - Stil have to see
- Women Talking- Still have to see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds on who Will Smith will slap the shit out of?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Picture:
- All Quiet on the Western Front - Well done film. I liked some of the changes in the story
- Avatar: The Way of Water - Haven't seen it. Probably won't. Can't imagine it has a change to win.
- The Banshees of Inisherin - Superb performances. Dark story.
- Elvis - Still have to see it.
- Everything Everywhere All at Once - A truly creative story that took you all over the place only to ultimately bring you back to a classic mother/daughter story.
- The Fabelmans - Well executive. Good performances. Absolutely middle-tier for Spielberg
- Tar - Still have to see this.
- Top Gun: Maverick - Total romp. Fun movie. Jennifer Connelly is stil a complete smoke show.
- Triangle of Sadness - Stil have to see
- Women Talking- Still have to see.

if you ever talk to me again i will cut off my fingers and throw it at your door!!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tar is going to be on peacock this weekend...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they who to nominate for the “actor” and “actress” categories? I am legit shocked that Hollywierd hasn’t done away with these categories at this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen none of them...Im going to guess Everything Everywhere All At Once wins best picture

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen none of them...Im going to guess Everything Everywhere All At Once wins best picture
That or All’s Quiet…

I have only seen EEAAO, Top Gun and Avatar, and of the 3, EEAAO is the clear winner (I enjoyed all 3 movies, fwiw).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Picture: MILKS OPINION

- All Quiet on the Western Front - Havent seen- but war movies are not my thing, so will probably skip... with that said, the academy generally loves War movies
- Avatar: The Way of Water - Again Have not seen... But this is a weak class of movies, i would not be against giving it to SOMETHING SPECIAL!!! i hear the visuals are just amazing

- The Banshees of Inisherin - I enjoyed this movie a lot... very original.... my only problem, and what will hurt its popularity is that the accents were all thick and hard to understand
- Elvis - This was good... not great... id probably be most upset if this wins...
- Everything Everywhere All at Once - Very original.. and very entertaining... and everything bagels are delicious
- The Fabelmans - this i have to predict will win it all... it is a love letter to making movies... what does hollywood love more than love letters to the industry?? it was also a very good movie...
- Tar - Will be watching this weekend at some point
- Top Gun: Maverick - Another one that doesnt deserve to win it... this was a nostalgic movie. not much more to it... thought it was entertaining, but really nothing special... especially if you grew up after the 80s
- Triangle of Sadness - Never heard of
- Women Talking- is this where thats what she said came from??

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the only one I've seen so far, but I came in several minutes after it started. I need to watch it again from the beginning. I really enjoyed it.. it was wild ride and Michelle Yeoh was fantastic in the lead role.

I watched some of Elvis, but I just couldn't get past the actor playing Elvis being as uncharismatic and unElvis-like as he was.. for my money as an early Elvis fan anyway... and he was nominated for best actor? Smh.. and I feel the same way about Ke Huy Quan (Everything Everywhere All at Once). There's a reason we haven't seen much acting from him since Temple of Doom when he was a kid. He wasn't bad in the role, but it was nothing special.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only one I've seen so far, but I came in several minutes after it started. I need to watch it again from the beginning. I really enjoyed it.. it was wild ride and Michelle Yeoh was fantastic in the lead role.

I watched some of Elvis, but I just couldn't get past the actor playing Elvis being as uncharismatic and unElvis-like as he was.. for my money as an early Elvis fan anyway... and he was nominated for best actor? Smh.. and I feel the same way about Ke Huy Quan (Everything Everywhere All at Once). There's a reason we haven't seen much acting from him since Temple of Doom when he was a kid. He wasn't bad in the role, but it was nothing special.
I too thought Austin would be better in Elvis. He had a great look for the part and he was good in stretches of the movie, but I just thought he'd have a bigger personality as the show went on.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too thought Austin would be better in Elvis. He had a great look for the part and he was good in stretches of the movie, but I just thought he'd have a bigger personality as the show went on.

He got great reviews. Maybe it's me. Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash, Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, Chadwick Boseman as James Brown.. those guys did not resemble who they played all that much either and I really liked those flicks. But I just couldn't get past thinking "that ain't Elvis" every time with him. I did not watch a lot of it, though, so maybe I should give it another shot.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got great reviews. Maybe it's me. Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash, Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, Chadwick Boseman as James Brown.. those guys did not resemble who they played all that much either and I really liked those flicks. But I just couldn't get past thinking "that ain't Elvis" every time with him. I did not watch a lot of it, though, so maybe I should give it another shot.

i think that might have been the point though... because elvis has so many impersonators... there are even events for his impersonators...

i felt like they wanted to stay away from an impersonation, and more to the acting to get into his back story, and not just his music....

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary:

Everything Everywhere All at Once dominates, winning Best Picture, Best Director (Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert), Best Actress (Michelle Yeoh), Best Supporting Actor (Ke Huy Quan), Best Supporting Actress (Jamie Lee Curtis), Best Original Screenplay, and Best Editing.

All Quiet on the Western Front wins Foreign, Production, Cinematography, Score. The Whale wins Best Actor (Brendan Fraser) and Makeup. Women Talking wins Adapted, and Pinocchio wins Animated.

Black Panther 2 wins Costume but surprisingly (considering all the hype around Rihanna "Lift Me Up") loses Song to RRR "Naatu Naatu". Avatar 2 wins Visual.

Will Smith doesn't slap anyone because he is not there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary:

Everything Everywhere All at Once dominates, winning Best Picture, Best Director (Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert), Best Actress (Michelle Yeoh), Best Supporting Actor (Ke Huy Quan), Best Supporting Actress (Jamie Lee Curtis), Best Original Screenplay, and Best Editing.

All Quiet on the Western Front wins Foreign, Production, Cinematography, Score. The Whale wins Best Actor (Brendan Fraser) and Makeup. Women Talking wins Adapted, and Pinocchio wins Animated.

Black Panther 2 wins Costume but surprisingly (considering all the hype around Rihanna "Lift Me Up") loses Song to RRR "Naatu Naatu". Avatar 2 wins Visual.

Will Smith doesn't slap anyone because he is not there.
then I am not watching it.
Everyone knows Violence sells!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Circle Round is an Oscar winner?

Data has a statue?

The end is nigh.

Seriously, though, he did a bang up job in that movie

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few surprises. I'm glad someone other than Austin "Elvis" Butler won, though. I read there's some controversy about Angela Bassett's reaction to Jamie Lee Curtis winning best supporting actress over her, which I think that was more of a nod to Curtis' entire career rather than that role. Because Curtis' was not even the best supporting actress performance in that moive. Stephanie Hsu's was. Bad form for Bassett to pout about it in any case and I haven't seen the Wakanda movie.