• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially on the Ja Morant train and think there are now 3 elite players in the draft.

I watched him play, and read a ton about him. He has great athleticism and feel for the game.

He has a little Westbrook in his athleticism, def. not to a RW level, but he has elite athleticism.

He also has a little Damian Lillard slickness to his game- def. not to the level of Lillard, but he has some slickness to his game.

I think this deep into the college season we can saythat there are 3 elite players in this draft.

There are 3 players in the top elite tier.

I sure hope the Cavs get a top 3 pick. one would obviously be amazing, but anything inside the top 3 would give them a good chance to land a franchise altering player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the suns are picking #2 they DEF take Morant over Barrett in my opinion. Before I still thoguht they would take Barret- now I cant imagine they would pass up Morant unless Zion was there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your play now? The role players stepped up? No chemistry issues against the Hawks simply because they weren't good enough?

Ya gotta love this forum.

That is exactly what happened though.

Kyrie originally got hurt during the Celtics series, but played through it. All be it not very well for the most part.

You know, like Curry in 2016.

Yet, against the toughest competition they faced, the Cavs swept the Hawks despite a total of 49 minutes combined for the entire series from Kyrie and Love. And yeah, role players like Smith, Delly and Mozgov stepped up huge. And it also follows that the chemistry issues would lessen because Kyrie himself said that he was more of a "decoy" and "a role player" after the initial injury.

Maybe if Curry and Love were 100% the Cavs would have figured it out and played at a much higher level than they ever did in the regular season. But I am not making that assumption.

The fact remains that Cleveland's best basketball from 2015 seemed to take place in the playoffs. After both Kyrie and Love got hurt.

How do you explain that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what happened though.

Kyrie originally got hurt during the Celtics series, but played through it. All be it not very well for the most part.

You know, like Curry in 2016.

Yet, against the toughest competition they faced, the Cavs swept the Hawks despite a total of 49 minutes combined for the entire series from Kyrie and Love. And yeah, role players like Smith, Delly and Mozgov stepped up huge. And it also follows that the chemistry issues would lessen because Kyrie himself said that he was more of a "decoy" and "a role player" after the initial injury.

Maybe if Curry and Love were 100% the Cavs would have figured it out and played at a much higher level than they ever did in the regular season. But I am not making that assumption.

The fact remains that Cleveland's best basketball from 2015 seemed to take place in the playoffs. After both Kyrie and Love got hurt.

How do you explain that?
If you want to go with this narrative it doesn't really help your case much. OK, Cavs lost guys and stepped up. GS had guys play but one maybe not 100% and fell apart?

Never mind you saw Game 1, right? Kyrie looked pretty good, didn't he?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to go with this narrative it doesn't really help your case much. OK, Cavs lost guys and stepped up. GS had guys play but one maybe not 100% and fell apart?

Never mind you saw Game 1, right? Kyrie looked pretty good, didn't he?

You are comparing apples and oranges with these 2 teams. You realize that right?

Of course not.

Kyrie looked pretty good after taking games 2 and 3 of the ECF off, playing a total of 22 minutes in game 4, then getting another week off before the Finals started.

I don't think Kyrie was 100% in game 1 and had he played in more games we would have seen the impact. After that time off he was closer to full strength for game 1 than at any other time since the playoff opener against the Celtics.

My point is that in 2015, the Cavs weren't that great with Kyrie and Love. They resolved a lot of their issues and were a much better team under Lue in 2016.

So were the Warriors.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are comparing apples and oranges with these 2 teams. You realize that right?

Of course not.

Kyrie looked pretty good after taking games 2 and 3 of the ECF off, playing a total of 22 minutes in game 4, then getting another week off before the Finals started.

I don't think Kyrie was 100% in game 1 and had he played in more games we would have seen the impact. After that time off he was closer to full strength for game 1 than at any other time since the playoff opener against the Celtics.

My point is that in 2015, the Cavs weren't that great with Kyrie and Love. They resolved a lot of their issues and were a much better team under Lue in 2016.

So were the Warriors.
I also don't think Kyrie was 100% in Game one and still stepped up with a big game. Imagine that.

I don't disagree both teams were better the next year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was wrong was saying what he did was domestic violence and that I supported domestic violence. Then showing again you don't know what DV is. Then getting the legal definition of DV and not being able to man up and admit your gaffe.

Seriously?!? You're argument that @Wamu is wrong because he called it domestic violence?

He still pushed and kicked a woman. Maybe you don't support domestic violence, but it sure as hell looks like you support him pushing and kicking a woman and are just trying to "deflect" from that by focusing on him calling it domestic violence (which, by the way, is how it was reported) when it was actually probably assault.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? You're argument that @Wamu is wrong because he called it domestic violence?

He still pushed and kicked a woman. Maybe you don't support domestic violence, but it sure as hell looks like you support him pushing and kicking a woman and are just trying to "deflect" from that by focusing on him calling it domestic violence (which, by the way, is how it was reported) when it was actually probably assault.

Oh you done it now! He gonna yell @ you. Stop deflecting. Admit your gaffe. Who are your unnamed sources?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's never made guys better.

wait, can Delly, TT, JR, Daniel Gibson and their financial planners offer their opinion?
JJ Hickson says hello.

Ps. This account that you responded to is dedicated to trolling LeBron, hyping Rose, and very little else.

Don't waste your keystrokes.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially on the Ja Morant train and think there are now 3 elite players in the draft.

I watched him play, and read a ton about him. He has great athleticism and feel for the game.

He has a little Westbrook in his athleticism, def. not to a RW level, but he has elite athleticism.

He also has a little Damian Lillard slickness to his game- def. not to the level of Lillard, but he has some slickness to his game.

I think this deep into the college season we can saythat there are 3 elite players in this draft.

There are 3 players in the top elite tier.

I sure hope the Cavs get a top 3 pick. one would obviously be amazing, but anything inside the top 3 would give them a good chance to land a franchise altering player.
I told you so.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol the 76ers are a joke

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflection. Not surprised.

what was wrong was saying what he did was domestic violence and that I supported domestic violence. Then showing again you don't know what DV is. Then getting the legal definition of DV and not being able to man up and admit your gaffe.

If Hunt has been constantly abusing his wife I would have a hard time with him being on the team. But a woman who was asked to leave more than once by many people who went after him? with him pushing her off of him.

a little different than DV wouldn't you say?
Sorry bro, but the police calls It that and if you ever kick your wife, your ass will go to jail

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he defend in space though?

That is the key question.

Lateral quickness is probably something he needs to work on. Looks like I got a ways to go before I start scouting (lol).