• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? You're argument that @Wamu is wrong because he called it domestic violence?

He still pushed and kicked a woman. Maybe you don't support domestic violence, but it sure as hell looks like you support him pushing and kicking a woman and are just trying to "deflect" from that by focusing on him calling it domestic violence (which, by the way, is how it was reported) when it was actually probably assault.
well by the letter of the law it is not domestic violence- domestic violene is violence against a family member.

And no charges were ever pressed because of the inciting circumstances.

I absolutely think Hunt was wrong for what he did, but there are varying degrees of mitigating circumstances.

In this case, being called the N word repeatedly by someone that refuses to leave your hotel room and is screaming, spitting and carrying on becuase you kicked them out becuase you found out they were drinking and under the age of 21 is pretty much the definition of mitigating circumstances.

I mean, this is a far cry from Ray Rice cold-cocking his what was it? long time girlfriend or wife? in an elevator and knocking her out cold.

I am sure the last thing the woman wanted was to have to go to court and explain what happened that night.

all that being said- its still not up to her to "press charges"- the police decide whether to press charges or not, and the police decided no charges were warranted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever kicked my wife I'd expect to go to jail.

But she was not his wife and was the escalator in this situation after being asked numerous times to leave.
being spit on and being called the N word repeatedly by someone becuase they are mad you are kicking them out of your hotel room is not a reason to hit someone, but it certainly was mitigating enough for the police to decide that no charges should be pressed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being spit on and being called the N word repeatedly by someone becuase they are mad you are kicking them out of your hotel room is not a reason to hit someone, but it certainly was mitigating enough for the police to decide that no charges should be pressed.
Exactly. sure, I like to think I would have found a better way out og the situation.....really, the best way would have been just not be in the situation.

If he screws up again, I'm sure he's gone. If he doesn't ever mess up again and serves a league mandated punishment? That's a win.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever kicked my wife I'd expect to go to jail.

But she was not his wife and was the escalator in this situation after being asked numerous times to leave.
Dont matter, a real man does not kick or hit women, and it is considered domestic abuse by law. IN the church we encourage all women to have abusers arrested

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half : all aboard the fire Brett Brown bandwagon
2nd half : ran out of athletic tape wrapping up the ankles after jumping off.....
So maybe next time save the hot takes?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has been playing very well lately, so they could muck things up vs the #3 seed.
But, that #4/#5 battle is going to be brutal.
Drummond doesn't want anything to do with Hulu Has Live Sports

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half : all aboard the fire Brett Brown bandwagon
2nd half : ran out of athletic tape wrapping up the ankles after jumping off.....
it provided me with a good excuse to not see them play the kings on Friday.

brother is inexplicably a kings fan, asked if i would be interested to catch them in DC or Philly this week. immediate know for the DC game, really don't care to travel 3 hours to see a sixers game, but considered it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh

Yea Embiid has his number

Which is ok because Boston gonna be the 3
sixers have a pretty easy remaining schedule. a pair against the bucks and one vs. the celtics could be the deciding factors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont matter, a real man does not kick or hit women, and it is considered domestic abuse by law. IN the church we encourage all women to have abusers arrested
domestic abuse is when you injure a family member.

assault and battery- depending on how your state defines it, under the common law a battery is an unlawful touching. in Ohio they follow the model penal code though which does not do battery and instead calls everything an "assault".

what he would have done is an assault and battery- not domestic violence.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol nah. Needed them to win so Miami can stay in front of Orlando for 8th.

8-0 run since my comment. Should win
i like miami at the 8 to give the 1 some trouble, have been nice with Bam starting.

my "big money" parlay is looking alright, so far.

FD.PNG