• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this is offensive. we are just fans talking on a message board offering opinions. Yours is just way out of whack comparing the "luck" of GS in 2015 to the cavs in 2016.

The thing is luck is luck. I think the argument is more degrees of luck.

Some teams are "luckier" than others". But luck is still luck.

The Warriors may have been luckier in 2015 because the Cavs were missing 2 of their 3 best players for longer.

Do the Cavs win if both teams are at full strength? Maybe. You can certainly make the case that the Warriors were feeling the pressure of their first finals while Lebron was playing in his 5th straight and 6th overall. They definitely struggled more than they should have with an undermanned Cavs team.

But, the Cavs were also lucky in 2016 that Curry wasn't at full strength and that Dray is an idiot. They weren't as lucky as the Warriors were in 2015, but they were still lucky.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I comparing?

I just said they both got lucky. You are the one comparing.

Also, the Cavs weren't a great basketball team in 2015. LeBron and Kyrie hadn't really figured out how to play together. Love wasn't sure if he was fitting in or fitting out. None of the players listened to the head coach.

It was enough to get through the East. But let's stop acting like the 2015 version of the Cavs were anywhere near as good as the 2016 version.

Of course, the Warriors weren't either. And that is where there would be room for debate in 2015.
By saying they "both got lucky" yes, you are comparing. You don't seem to get the level of "luck" we are talking about.

By the time the playoffs rolled around they had learned to play together in 2015. Even without Love they only had a little trouble in the playoffs against the Bulls. No one else even made them sweat. They swept a 60+ win Atlanta team with no Love and a hobbled Kyrie. In this case, hobbled means missed games in the series playing only 2 of 4 in the sweep. I know.....not nearly as devastating as playing in every game for 35+ minutes whenever needed.

Looked pretty good in Game 1, too, didn't they, before Kyrie went down?

down, as in gone for the series. Not played every game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

Saw last night your Chiefs picked up former Buckeye Carlos Hyde. Hope he can help your team out. Was a bit disappointed when the Browns traded him to the Jags but I understand why they did.

saw that yesterday when I was watching the late AAF game. never really followed his career but I understand he's decent. Makes up for you guys taking Kareem Hunt...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have explained.

You just don't listen.

Taking away the Cavs 2 and 3 isn't the same as taking away GS 2 and 3 because Cleveland's 1 was LeBron freaking James.

And as long as LeBron was on the court and healthy (up until this year) his teams had at least a punchers chance against all but the KD Warriors.

Kyrie and Love helped to be sure. But they weren't as impactful to Cleveland's system as GS 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th and 5th guys in Love's case because of the way the two teams played.

Kyrie goes out and it just means the ball is in LeBron's hands every time instead of 2 out of 3 possessions. Yeah, it wears him down. But he still performed at an extremely high level.
"wears him down"? You mean he wasn't 100% in 2015? I could just sit back and watch you kick your own ass.

I love this forum.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw that yesterday when I was watching the late AAF game. never really followed his career but I understand he's decent. Makes up for you guys taking Kareem Hunt...

I was very disappointed when my Browns picked Hunt up. I can't cheer for that asshole. I never have & never will condone men abusing women (physical or verbal). Real men don't do stuff like that.

#F-Ukareem

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is luck is luck. I think the argument is more degrees of luck.

Some teams are "luckier" than others". But luck is still luck.

The Warriors may have been luckier in 2015 because the Cavs were missing 2 of their 3 best players for longer.

Do the Cavs win if both teams are at full strength? Maybe. You can certainly make the case that the Warriors were feeling the pressure of their first finals while Lebron was playing in his 5th straight and 6th overall. They definitely struggled more than they should have with an undermanned Cavs team.

But, the Cavs were also lucky in 2016 that Curry wasn't at full strength and that Dray is an idiot. They weren't as lucky as the Warriors were in 2015, but they were still lucky.
Agree with this 100%. Sure, missing Green in Game 5 hurts. I think we are on the same page about the degrees of luck which certain posters don't seem to get for whatever reason.

That said, if someone wants to just say GS won their title and did what they had to do and the Cavs did the same? I have no argument. while I would be willing to bet far more on the Cavs in 2015 at full strength than on GS if they were at full strength in 2016 we don't know what happens in each scenario.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very disappointed when my Browns picked Hunt up. I can't cheer for that asshole. I never have & never will condone men abusing women (physical or verbal). Real men don't do stuff like that.

#F-Ukareem
Agree the kick not necessary, even though a very light kick. But are you saying if a woman comes at you and is hitting you you'll just stand there and let her as opposed to pushing her enough to get her to stop?

Can't say I love the signing, but seems he will get a long suspension for what he did and if he messes up again he'll be gone. If not, the Browns get a PB caliber RB for near league minimum for 2-3 seasons.

I have to believe nearly every team has a player on the roster who has done worse than what Hunt did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
144-69-1? Football is a team game, not just 1 player, buddy.

And Big Ben has been surrounded by a lot better talent than Carr during the course of his career.
Have you seen AB's numbers when Big Ben does not play? Ben makes him, not the other way around.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they get bounced.

Curry is nowhere near as impactful as LeBron. The Warriors need all 3 playing at a high level to beat the top teams.

LeBron was good enough to carry role players to the Finals multiple times In his career.

You are kind of making my point for me. LeBron was the engine in Cleveland. The others were just support. GS doesn't work like that.
How's Lebron doing as "the engine" now.

as I said, I should just sit back and watch you kick your own ass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this 100%. Sure, missing Green in Game 5 hurts. I think we are on the same page about the degrees of luck which certain posters don't seem to get for whatever reason.

That said, if someone wants to just say GS won their title and did what they had to do and the Cavs did the same? I have no argument. while I would be willing to bet far more on the Cavs in 2015 at full strength than on GS if they were at full strength in 2016 we don't know what happens in each scenario.

That's why I think this whole argument is pretty silly.

No one is taking away the Warriors title in 2015 or trying to add an asterisk because Kyrie and Love were out. That's sports and sometimes the breaks don't go your way.

At the same time, no one is taking away the Cavs title in 2016 or trying to add an asterisk because Dray had to miss game 5 and Curry wasn't 100%. Again, that's sports and sometimes the breaks don't go your way.

Imo, a certain amount of luck is always involved when a team wins a title.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're bringing up Ben numbers like i said he was a bad player. They're irrelevant to the reason AB wanted out....

Look at the way Brees, Brady, & Luck lead then compare it to big ben.

None of those guys throw teammates under the bus constantly.

Ben out here throwing a crucial int to a dlineman and blame AB for that somehow

Boom.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Lebron doing as "the engine" now.

as I said, I should just sit back and watch you kick your own ass.

Who else in the NBA could do better with the Lakers roster and no other star?

I'll wait.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree the kick not necessary, even though a very light kick. But are you saying if a woman comes at you and is hitting you you'll just stand there and let her as opposed to pushing her enough to get her to stop?

Can't say I love the signing, but seems he will get a long suspension for what he did and if he messes up again he'll be gone. If not, the Browns get a PB caliber RB for near league minimum for 2-3 seasons.

I have to believe nearly every team has a player on the roster who has done worse than what Hunt did.

"even though it was a very light kick":L

One more time. I don't condone domestic violence of any kind. No don't just stand there. Be a fucking man & walk away. Simple as that.

"I have to believe nearly every team has a player on the roster who has done worse than what Hunt did"

Good that you believe that. I don't care what other teams do. And it's good you have an excuse for the Hunt signing. How soon before you go out & get his jersey?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else in the NBA could do better with the Lakers roster and no other star?

I'll wait.
are you able to follow a thread, or you just assume you should take the side based on poster and not post?

Never said or implied anyone would do better with these guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"even though it was a very light kick":L

One more time. I don't condone domestic violence of any kind. No don't just stand there. Be a fucking man & walk away. Simple as that.

"I have to believe nearly every team has a player on the roster who has done worse than what Hunt did"

Good that you believe that. I don't care what other teams do. And it's good you have an excuse for the Hunt signing. How soon before you go out & get his jersey?
wasn't domestic violence as I don't condone that either. Can you "be a fucking man" and admit this gaffe? Maybe if I add an emoji?

Never mind he did walk away.