• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it doesn't match up. Totally different players, but if all 8 were put in a draft I think it could go Durant, Embid, Curry, Butler, Harris, Simmons, Klay, Green

I'd say Curry would easily be the first pick. That's not to say he's the most talented of the group, just from a basketball perspective what he does on the court allows you to build a system around him. Everyone acknowledges that the Warriors best player is likely Durant. But everyone also acknowledges that the most important player to the Warriors is Steph Curry. He's the reason for the Warriors system. Without him, it doesn't work nearly as well. If you need proof just check out the on/off numbers with Durant without Curry versus Curry without Durant. Durant is nearly at a .500 record, while Curry's is significantly higher.

Edit: Also LOL at Butler and Harris being higher than Klay. Even Simmons is debatable, but I wouldn't argue putting him ahead of Klay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans

did the team quit on LeBron last night?

I have read a lot of that today- and it sure seems liek it.

Yeah, haven't seen the game yet, but heard it was ugly.

Agree with Lebron. A bunch of kids that don't really understand NBA trade talk and didn't respond well to it.

Plus, even though Lebron's never said anything, they have to know that he's behind the trade talk.

Gotta say, looks like the crowd came up with some hilarious chants. They've been playing it on the radio this morning. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a rebuilding team you have the roster spots to give to a few 2nd rounders too-

its a lotto ticket- once in a while you can hit.

either that or like i said- they are sweeteners to get trades done, rent players, etc....

You never know what those late 1st's and those 2nd's can get in the future. They could be included in a Love deal or a deal to get a potential star. I mean if the Cavs were to somehow get Zion and he is the real deal...players will want to play with him. Always a great option to get bad deals attached with picks on a team that isn't going to compete...why not

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like the Burks for Knight, 1st rounder with Houston is getting close for the Cavs.

Gotta say---- trading Korver (who got them Burks), Hill, Hood, and getting back 6 2nd rounders and 2 first rounders--- and taking back no bad money that goes past next year is a nice little way to start a rebuild if you ask me.

And next year they will have some nice expiring assets in Knight, Clarkson, and Henson to move for more assets.

At least the Cavs know how to rebuild a franchise and are doing it similarly to how they did it last time.

6 2nd rounders and 2 first rounders is a nice haul if they can complete this Houston deal.
I agree.....yet our FO will continue to get ripped.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind if the Cavs did that and got Fultz for some expirings. I would imagine they could make that work.

Cavs are gonna have a BOATLOAD of expirings next season, its gonna be crazy.

Clarkson, TT, Henson, Delly, probably Knight if this Houston deal gets done.

I am telling you- the Cavs seemed to have set this up where they tank this year, and probably next year, and after that start the process of going back up.

Id imagine year 3 will be tough as well while the young guys continue to develop and they go from "asset acquisition mode" to actually finding the pieces and parts that fit, but they are laying a nice foundation.
top 3 in lottery will be huge......top 1-2 even better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the Lakers just need to somehow get this deal done. You aren't getting AD until 2021 offseason if you don't and if you don't get him there isn't a good chance you can pair Lebron with anothe star. To add to the fact, as this current roster is composed they aren't winning shit imo.

Give them 4 1st's. Fuck it lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how everyone acts like there are tons of examples of one-year rentals staying with the rental team, when its really just Paul George.

Pacers got Dipo (when his value was a lot less than it is now) and Sabonis and no picks for the rental of Paul George.

Worked out very well for the Thunder (and the Pacers), but they still paid just a rental price for him.

My point is that was that we hear these rumors every year. So far it hasn't pushed any team to make a deal with the Lakers.

I honestly can't think of many examples of players actually leaking that they wanted to play somewhere and then going there as a FA. Carmelo is the closest I can think of.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LA would want Love, TT, Clarkson and Nance.....same guys who took Lebron to the Finals last year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the Lakers just need to somehow get this deal done. You aren't getting AD until 2021 offseason if you don't and if you don't get him there isn't a good chance you can pair Lebron with anothe star. To add to the fact, as this current roster is composed they aren't winning shit imo.

Yeah, last night increases the pressure to try to get it done now, imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Curry would easily be the first pick. That's not to say he's the most talented of the group, just from a basketball perspective what he does on the court allows you to build a system around him. Everyone acknowledges that the Warriors best player is likely Durant. But everyone also acknowledges that the most important player to the Warriors is Steph Curry. He's the reason for the Warriors system. Without him, it doesn't work nearly as well. If you need proof just check out the on/off numbers with Durant without Curry versus Curry without Durant. Durant is nearly at a .500 record, while Curry's is significantly higher.

Edit: Also LOL at Butler and Harris being higher than Klay. Even Simmons is debatable, but I wouldn't argue putting him ahead of Klay.
Laughable you'd LOL at that. Thompson can shoot and play a little D. That's it. Agree maybe simmons because he cannot shoot.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that was that we hear these rumors every year. So far it hasn't pushed any team to make a deal with the Lakers.

I honestly can't think of many examples of players actually leaking that they wanted to play somewhere and then going there as a FA. Carmelo is the closest I can think of.

The difference - to me - is this time the Lakers are offering value well above rental price.

They're doing that because

A) they learned their lesson
B) its Anthony Freakin Davis

The Lakers thought PG being a rental who wanted LA meant that could get away with bidding the same price as everyone else. This time, there's no one that will bid NEAR the level they are bidding unless they are fully confident that Davis will re-sign with them.

ItzzEgg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there going to have to accept this trade at some point because if they dont the pels aint going to find another deal like the lakers have offered..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LA would want Love, TT, Clarkson and Nance.....same guys who took Lebron to the Finals last year

They can give us Ingram and Kuzma plus a couple 1st's I will take it. Keep Nance though. I would do Clarkson, TT and Love lol

ItzzEgg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference - to me - is this time the Lakers are offering value well above rental price.

They're doing that because

A) they learned their lesson
B) its Anthony Freakin Davis

The Lakers thought PG being a rental who wanted LA meant that could get away with bidding the same price as everyone else. This time, there's no one that will bid NEAR the level they are bidding unless they are fully confident that Davis will re-sign with them.
Agreed. Lakers I feel like have offered more than they should have but I feel that pelicans arent going to find another offer that good..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there going to have to accept this trade at some point because if they dont the pels aint going to find another deal like the lakers have offered..

In the offseason they will. Boston will give up Tatum unless the C's get to the Finals and Tatum balls out.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable you'd LOL at that. Thompson can shoot and play a little D. That's it. Agree maybe simmons because he cannot shoot.

Dude, just watch some basketball man. Klay is superior to Butler and Harris. Not even Cavs fans would agree with you on Butler or Harris being better than Klay. Also you have to understand fit too. Do you not think if the Warriors offered Klay for Butler straight up now that the 76ers wouldn't snap accept that deal. Or for Harris?

Your player valuation meter is broken it seems.

ItzzEgg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Pels GM is one of those rookies GM's that once they finally find something like anthony davis.. He wants the whole kitchen..

ItzzEgg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the offseason they will. Boston will give up Tatum unless the C's get to the Finals and Tatum balls out.
You think Davis would sit?? If hes not traded at the deadline..?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Davis would sit?? If hes not traded at the deadline..?

Maybe...not sure about that. But the Lakers are the only team actually going after AD right now...so it's either LA or he stays in N.O. until the offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess could put this here, too....

51628682_10157473297073094_2898837581720453120_n.jpg