• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans come back with Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, KCP, 4 first rounders and 4 2nd rounders for Davis and Hill

you say yes or no?

The thing that would scare me about dealing that many picks is that those are pretty valuable even for contending teams in getting smaller moves done. It pretty much hamstrings them from a roster standpoint until LeBron retires and gives them zero team controlled pieces. Once LeBron goes is the remaining good enough to lure mid level guys and players chasing a ring to sign for less? Probably not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, it all depends on Rich Paul and how successful he is at driving down what the Pels can get.

On the one hand, it might actually be in the Lakers best interest for this to go to the off-season. Because even if they have to give up all of the young talent and a bunch of picks, it'll be easier for them to fill out the roster with FA's than trying to do it on the fly during the season.

On the other hand, they have now tried twice to make deals during the season and it didn't work out for them. So there is definitely pressure for them to get it done now if possible.
No doubt. Make the deal now and this season might be shot as tough to add talent to replace what they'd be losing.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Indianapolis...

DysJOfmXQAATyDt.jpg
Well don't they all look like happy campers lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson strikes again!!! BOOO YAAAAAAAHHHH

who says this guy cant do it all? GM FUCKING EXTRAORDINAIRE
Well, you do know he's not the GM, right? lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he said anything that was not poor reasoning.

Considering I was able to show the 2016 Cavs were put together having won four trades and getting some pieces on FA it's rather crazy he still stuck with his POV.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, 2nd rounders are kind of worthless

Denadre Jordan, Dennis Rodman, Mark Price, Danny Ainge, Draymond Green, Manu Ginobili, Marc Gasol & Nikola Jokic all say hello.

:heh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like this is the best Thunder team ever, perhaps better than the Durant years...
Only except with KD they made the WCF AND the Finals lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that would scare me about dealing that many picks is that those are pretty valuable even for contending teams in getting smaller moves done. It pretty much hamstrings them from a roster standpoint until LeBron retires and gives them zero team controlled pieces. Once LeBron goes is the remaining good enough to lure mid level guys and players chasing a ring to sign for less? Probably not.
the only good thing is that you cannot trade picks in consecutive yeras so they would have their pick every other year to draft a guy.

but you are right- between LeBron and Davis monstrous contracts, and no draft picks, the Lakers would ahve to do very well using their MLE and getting vets to sign for the minimum.

i think that they would create some trade exceptions by doing the Davis trade so they would have to use those- by taking back contracts of guys that are "bad money" but could be helpful as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Make the deal now and this season might be shot as tough to add talent to replace what they'd be losing.
there is going to be a pretty robust buy-out market considering no one wants to take on money going into this offseason with so many free agents

like the Knicks--- maybe they trade Mathews or DeAndre Jordan--- but they would NEED to get back expirings to do so.

i think the buyout market is going to be pretty deep this time around.

Of course- it always happens that people get excited about buy out guys but very rarely do they perform.....the only one that i can think of that really played well the last few years was Joe Johnson with Miami.

I was excited about Deron Williams with the Cavs but he ended up being trash. More often then not they are bought out for a reason

but a guy like DeAndre Jordan could really help a team I would think.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson another long range defensive player for Milwaukee wow. Good get for thon. He's not good on offense but he has the potential to be better at only 22

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is going to be a pretty robust buy-out market considering no one wants to take on money going into this offseason with so many free agents

like the Knicks--- maybe they trade Mathews or DeAndre Jordan--- but they would NEED to get back expirings to do so.

i think the buyout market is going to be pretty deep this time around.

Of course- it always happens that people get excited about buy out guys but very rarely do they perform.....the only one that i can think of that really played well the last few years was Joe Johnson with Miami.

I was excited about Deron Williams with the Cavs but he ended up being trash. More often then not they are bought out for a reason

but a guy like DeAndre Jordan could really help a team I would think.

Good synopsis and I agree on Jordan and like I said last night I'd have to think the Thunder would be racing to figure out how to get Matthews on the team (I'm assuming they can do so without increasing their already historic luxury bill)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks Sixers gave up too much in the deal?
The players I can deal with but all of those picks ?

The 2s aren’t all that important. The Sixers 1st will be fairly late in the 1st. Those 3 picks are relatively low in value. The big question marks are whether that Miami Pick will be a nice one. I tend to think it’ll be 10-20 range, which is valuable but not a ton to give up. The other big question is how good Shamet will turn out to be. He’s looked good so far.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson another long range defensive player for Milwaukee wow. Good get for thon. He's not good on offense but he has the potential to be better at only 22

If the Bucks can unlock Johnson's potential good on them. Very very good defender but a horrific shooter.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This latest Lakers-Celtics subplot would be dead by now if Ainge had been scared off, but sources say Boston — which can’t trade for Davis until this summer because of the well-chronicled “Rose Rule” — is continuing its complicated pursuit of the five-time All-Star in spite of the message being sent through various channels that he doesn’t want to play there. A source with knowledge of the talks said the potential centerpiece in a Pelicans package, 20-year-old Celtics small forward Jayson Tatum, has been discussed extensively by the two teams and is expected to be a major part of the talks when June rolls around.
it would only make sense.