• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually strike me as the type who'd be willing to hear another side, unlike most here, and could actually change his mind with evidence. so here goes......

How do you know he refused to pay Griffin? There were offers made. Could it be Griffin likes what he is doing and didn't want to be a GM any longer? He still has not been paid to be a GM. Griffin also didn't do anything to warrant being paid whatever he wanted to stay.

Next, if Lebron really cared so much about Kyrie staying he had 2 things he could ave done to make it happen. One, maybe call Kyrie and try and straighten things out, since he was the reason Kyrie wanted to go. Never called. Second, Altman said he'd keep Kyrie if Lebron would commit to stay. He wouldn't and gave the cavs no choice but to move him. Other option was keep him and try and play the playoffs in Lebron's last season with Calderon at PG when Kyrie went out for his surgery (which was happening no matter where he went, and the cavs knew this).

There's that douche passive aggressiveness rearing its ugly head again.

It would appear that you are the one who can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

You can't just say agree to disagree?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you're a little overcommitted to this. There are more teams than the Ws who would need Green's skills over Love's. Bucks, Rockets, Celtics, Jazz...I'm not giving this a lot of thought but there are surely more.
The Bucks, already a very good defensive team would not prefer having another shooter to help spread the floor for Giannis? The Cs I have to just think you are messing with me. Love is exactly what they need.

Never mind Love is a guy who could be a legit #1 or 2 for a team and put up star numbers. Put Green on a bad or average team and he'd be useless.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said, just go with "I cannot refute what you said" as default.

Has to be better than a grade school reply, doesn't it?

If you don't think Lebron is narcissistic, passive aggressive or a drama queen feel free to explain why.

Common knowledge?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It is obviously a bit more complicated than this, but...

If you have a couple legit scorers and need a playmaker/defender you take Green. If you need scoring, you take Love. Both players have things they do exceptionally well and things they do that can hurt their teams at times.

I tend to think that most of the top teams would prefer a Draymond type, but it is really about fit.
I also agree it comes down to fit. As I already said Love would hurt GS and Green hurts the cavs if they deal them last year.

However, do we really not agree Love can score and rebound better than Green? Green gets more assists, but that is because his team doesn't need him to score. Love is an excellent passer. Really, all I see Green doing better is play D.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think a FO member telling someone a guy involved in a deal is the same as someone telling them there was a locker room altercation?
I really believe you have a problem with people not falling in line with your opinion.

You will just beat the holy hell out of a dead horse on the most nonsensical of topics.

We disagree.

It happens.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....I was referring to you, Gump.

Do try and keep up.
Yes, I get you did the usual and deflected, as opposed to answering the question or staying on topic. That was the point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, it's basically a sports chat room.

That's what people do, reply.

Just because I don't value your opinion doesn't mean we can't interact.
Yes, they do. when they care to. when I don't care I don't reply. Do you now know about the scroll feature?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's that douche passive aggressiveness rearing its ugly head again.

It would appear that you are the one who can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

You can't just say agree to disagree?
was actually a complement towards the person to whom I responded. I'm good with any difference of opinion supported with logic, facts or reason.

Next time you can come through with such a comment I'll let you know.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe you have a problem with people not falling in line with your opinion.

You will just beat the holy hell out of a dead horse on the most nonsensical of topics.

We disagree.

It happens.
so, as usual, you cannot refute what I said and came back with deflection. You are comedy, though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks, already a very good defensive team would not prefer having another shooter to help spread the floor for Giannis? The Cs I have to just think you are messing with me. Love is exactly what they need.

Never mind Love is a guy who could be a legit #1 or 2 for a team and put up star numbers. Put Green on a bad or average team and he'd be useless.
The Celtics and Bucks need a $20 plus mil per year guy sitting on the bench in street clothes?

Maybe they can use Danillo Gallinari as a cheaper substitute?

You have tunnel vision about one aspect of Love's skill set.

You aren't taking into account fit nor the very real issue of him being injury prone.

Ps. The Bucks have Brook Lopez.

Bigger, slower and healthier Love...minus the rebounding.

I won't insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting he does that with any consistently.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that he is to some degree all of them, along with most of the rest of the league.
I'm sure many have those traits, but not sure there are many that have a combo of all 3 at his level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually strike me as the type who'd be willing to hear another side, unlike most here, and could actually change his mind with evidence. so here goes......

How do you know he refused to pay Griffin? There were offers made. Could it be Griffin likes what he is doing and didn't want to be a GM any longer? He still has not been paid to be a GM. Griffin also didn't do anything to warrant being paid whatever he wanted to stay.

Next, if Lebron really cared so much about Kyrie staying he had 2 things he could ave done to make it happen. One, maybe call Kyrie and try and straighten things out, since he was the reason Kyrie wanted to go. Never called. Second, Altman said he'd keep Kyrie if Lebron would commit to stay. He wouldn't and gave the cavs no choice but to move him. Other option was keep him and try and play the playoffs in Lebron's last season with Calderon at PG when Kyrie went out for his surgery (which was happening no matter where he went, and the cavs knew this).

They did offer Griffin, but wasn't it like a ridiculously low salary?

You have a point about the LeBron/Kyrie relationship, but it was the LeBron/Gilbert relationship or lack thereof that ended the LBJ era in Cleveland.

Yes, LeBron could have agreed to extend long term and Cleveland would have made "win now" moves. But by that time, the relationship was already fractured beyond repair. And, I believe that the reason LeBron was unwilling to extend is because he didn't have any faith in Gilbert and he knew that no matter what they did, they weren't likely to catch GS.

It is a what came first, the chicken or the egg type debate. There is evidence on both sides, both played a role in the end of the run, but the truth of the matter is that only LeBron and his closest confidants know when the decision to leave Cleveland was made.

My guess is that LeBron made up his mind around the same time that Kyrie did. And maybe that is at least part of the reason why he didn't try to convince Kyrie to stay. But it is only a guess.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, as usual, you cannot refute what I said and came back with deflection. You are comedy, though.
Jesus.

You are the absolute worst kind of troll.

The one who doesn't realize he's a troll, therefore is not humorous , challenging nor entertaining.

This is getting boring.

Maybe you should just stomp your feet and hold your breath until I agree with you?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics and Bucks need a $20 plus mil per year guy sitting on the bench in street clothes?

Maybe they can use Danillo Gallinari as a cheaper substitute?

You have tunnel vision about one aspect of Love's skill set.

You aren't taking into account fit nor the very real issue of him being injury prone.

Ps. The Bucks have Brook Lopez.

Bigger, slower and healthier Love...minus the rebounding.
do you also have reading comprehension issues, as well? I specifically mentioned fit matter which is why Green is so much better than Love for GS.

You mentioning Lopez just shows me in addition to being irrational you know little about the NBA. There are not many weaker rebounds in the NBA for a guy his size. He has never even gone over 9 per game. And he's certainly not the shooter or scorer Love is.

I look forward to the deflection you will bring in your reply as there is nothing you'll come up with to refute these comments......per usual.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao

He was #1 in Minny.

How did that work out?

They didn't SNIFF the playoffs.

Love is a good player.

But, not a franchise player.

#2?

I think it depends on who is #1.

As a #3?

Special.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you also have reading comprehension issues, as well? I specifically mentioned fit matter which is why Green is so much better than Love for GS.

You mentioning Lopez just shows me in addition to being irrational you know little about the NBA. There are not many weaker rebounds in the NBA for a guy his size. He has never even gone over 9 per game. And he's certainly not the shooter or scorer Love is.

I look forward to the deflection you will bring in your reply as there is nothing you'll come up with to refute these comments......per usual.
So, un twist you panties and dry your eyes.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I just assumed a fella like your self was used to having his thoughts, wishes and fantasies thoroughly crushed by the fairer sex.

Now go read my post again about Lopez and his boards.

I'll wait in case you need a little extra time to regain your composure or take your anxiety meds....lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did offer Griffin, but wasn't it like a ridiculously low salary?

You have a point about the LeBron/Kyrie relationship, but it was the LeBron/Gilbert relationship or lack thereof that ended the LBJ era in Cleveland.

Yes, LeBron could have agreed to extend long term and Cleveland would have made "win now" moves. But by that time, the relationship was already fractured beyond repair. And, I believe that the reason LeBron was unwilling to extend is because he didn't have any faith in Gilbert and he knew that no matter what they did, they weren't likely to catch GS.

It is a what came first, the chicken or the egg type debate. There is evidence on both sides, both played a role in the end of the run, but the truth of the matter is that only LeBron and his closest confidants know when the decision to leave Cleveland was made.

My guess is that LeBron made up his mind around the same time that Kyrie did. And maybe that is at least part of the reason why he didn't try to convince Kyrie to stay. But it is only a guess.
all fair points and I don't pretend to know all the answers, but Griffin is still not a GM, so maybe he's either just not that good at it or doesn't want to be a GM?

I think Lebron was headed to LA no matter what the Cavs did, Lance. Gilbert did everything Lebron asked him to do and set payroll records. what more should he have done? If it was really all about winning, there were far better places to go than LA if he didn't want Cleveland. If Lebron got over the letter to return, what could Gilbert have done in round 2 that could have been worse than that move?

How could he have no faith in Gilbert? hey played for 4 titles, won one and might have been 2 if not for a Kyrie/Love injury which certainly isn't his fault. No team other than his has beaten GS and he lost to no one but GS. Just bad timing.

you really think the 4 years in Miami the FO with Riley did so much more than his last 4 here? Sure, one more title, but the Cavs didn't play Dallas.....and lose to them. GS never played anyone as good as GS (though the SA win is impressive).