• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Joker w/ another trip-dub last night. And they said during the game w/ the W Nuggets HC Mike Malone will coach the A.S. Game.

If I was him I wouldn't play any Warriors players.:heh:

They might not all be on the same team. Also, giving them rest doesn't exactly hurt them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with everything but those last 2 points. If Gilbert didn't show Lebron the first time and in their meetings in summer of 2010 he would spend whatever it took to win, no way he comes back.

I've heard many say Griffin did an excellent job, including Cavs' fans who rip Gilbert (which is odd as he won a title here). I get you aren't here and are probably going by what you hear, but what did Griffin really do to help win our title?

Chris Grant cleared the cap room and draft picks to make a run at Lebron and trade for Love (Mozgov, JR and shump). Grant, with Gilbert's permission to spend, was the one who took on Baron Davis' deal aong with the pick used to acquire Kyrie.

The players the cavs are ripped for overpaying (though I think TT's deal is fine)? All signed by Griffin.

don't get me wrong. I wanted him to stay and thought he would, but he's nothing special. And still is not anyone's GM.

That is all fair.

My thing with Gilbert is that I don't think LeBron trusted him. That is 1 reason LeBron kept signing 1 and 1s so that he could hold the threat of leaving over Gilbert's head so that LeBon essentially had control over Gilbert. Obviously the cap hike in 2015 played a role in that also, but still.

As for the overpaying, I don't think it is fair to blame anyone for that (not Griffin or Gilbert). It was cost of business. LeBron demanded fellow Klutch player and teammate TT got an above market deal, but the Cavs were already over tha cap. It didn't impact their ability to sign anybody else, it just forced Gilbert to pay record breaking luxury tax dollars.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you have " gotten " me, nor anyone else in awhile.

I imagine that could be the problem.

You could make "got me again and I cannot refute what you said" your default comment.

Or maybe you think unnamed sources about what a player said means more than the words actually coming out of his mouth?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen that from many here.

To me, I've always thought the best posters are those who will admit if they are wrong, answer direct questions and base their replies on the post. Not the poster.

Agree 100%

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YeAh, no....

She talked about the Warriors on Fannation about as much as you talked about the Thunder.

Her and AJ Shonuff were big Warriors fans and she always had dual citizenship.

Wait, I was never on FN. Wiggy was an OKC fan?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe....but no one who can give them what Love did. Strong rebounding, as well as outside shooting and ability to stretch the floor.

Boogie

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I was never on FN. Wiggy was an OKC fan?
He was a Westbrook fan.

The Cavs were his team. But, they were dog Shit at the time.

So, he talked about the Cavs and Thunder at like a 60/40 split.

He used to get banned a lot.

So, one of his alts was a OKC logo with Russfastbrook screen name.

I mean, he has Russ in his screen name now too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all fair.

My thing with Gilbert is that I don't think LeBron trusted him. That is 1 reason LeBron kept signing 1 and 1s so that he could hold the threat of leaving over Gilbert's head so that LeBon essentially had control over Gilbert. Obviously the cap hike in 2015 played a role in that also, but still.

As for the overpaying, I don't think it is fair to blame anyone for that (not Griffin or Gilbert). It was cost of business. LeBron demanded fellow Klutch player and teammate TT got an above market deal, but the Cavs were already over tha cap. It didn't impact their ability to sign anybody else, it just forced Gilbert to pay record breaking luxury tax dollars.

I don't doubt he didn't like him(as a person, I don't like him...same is true of Lebron), but think the 1 and 1s was to make sure they kept spending. The idea he signed a longterm deal this time was some referendum on Gilbert is silly, though. Could it also be because by the time year 4 comes around Lebron wont be worth close to $50 million. And let's be clear, Lebron did sign a 2 year deal with an option after 2016. A whopping 1 year shorter than his current Laker deal.

No doubt no one to blame for the overpaying, but he does get blamed by most. Is was signt TT, JR or no one. And, really, seeing where salaries have gone I wouldn't even call TT overpaid right now.

And as you point out, if he did, it was at Lebron's demanding. But the fanboys in the media don't want to rip Lebron for anything.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make "got me again and I cannot refute what you said" your default comment.

Or maybe you think unnamed sources about what a player said means more than the words actually coming out of his mouth?
Just keep doing Woj and Shams job from the McDonald's free WiFi.

Like you said, anyone can do it....lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points, but if the Cavs had hit #1 a few years earlier they have AD instead of Bennett.

Truth be told, I think the LA could come out of this OK, but they might not. Cavs actually did go to the Finals 4 times and won once and their FO is ripped constantly. And they don't have being in LA to lure FAs.

But they did have being the hometown team of the greatest player since Jordan. I think that cancels out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep doing Woj and Shams job from the McDonald's free WiFi.

Like you said, anyone can do it....lol
with fans like you eating up his words only if they knew how to use the trade machine. Maybe you will actually answer this question, without spin, deflection or distortion, but I'm not holding my breath as it's not what the irrational would do.....

Is there a reason none of the experts reported Paul to Houston, Kyrie to Boston, Porzingis to LA or PG to OKC well before it happened (or at all before it happened)?

so, yes, like woj and the others I could come up with trade rumors that don't happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they did have being the hometown team of the greatest player since Jordan. I think that cancels out.
OK, but if he didn't think Gilbert would spend he does not come back.....or if they didn't acquire the pick for Kyrie, have the assets for Love, etc.

PG is from LA or the area. Did he return?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to agree he will, especially if they win another title.

I got him at one more year after this one, max. But 1 more is very possible: go for 4 in a row (not happened since the 60s Celtics), play in the new arena, get 1 more ring than LeBron, the big 4 still there. But no way he stays longer IMO

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Milsap
with fans like you eating up his words only if they knew how to use the trade machine. Maybe you will actually answer this question, without spin, deflection or distortion, but I'm not holding my breath as it's not what the irrational would do.....

Is there a reason none of the experts reported Paul to Houston, Kyrie to Boston, Porzingis to LA or PG to OKC well before it happened (or at all before it happened)?

so, yes, like woj and the others I could come up with trade rumors that don't happen.
Again....

I'm not sure why you think I should care about your opinion on my beliefs.

You have been here like 5 mins.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. So, move on.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt he didn't like him(as a person, I don't like him...same is true of Lebron), but think the 1 and 1s was to make sure they kept spending. The idea he signed a longterm deal this time was some referendum on Gilbert is silly, though. Could it also be because by the time year 4 comes around Lebron wont be worth close to $50 million. And let's be clear, Lebron did sign a 2 year deal with an option after 2016. A whopping 1 year shorter than his current Laker deal.

No doubt no one to blame for the overpaying, but he does get blamed by most. Is was signt TT, JR or no one. And, really, seeing where salaries have gone I wouldn't even call TT overpaid right now.

And as you point out, if he did, it was at Lebron's demanding. But the fanboys in the media don't want to rip Lebron for anything.

LeBron did sign a 2 + 1 after the title. And I bet he regrets it.

Because as soon as Gilbert had him under contract for an offseason, he refused to pay Griffin and traded Kyrie. I know Kyrie asked to be traded, but they didn't have to and I am pretty sure LeBron didn't want them to.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said those were bad moves and have made the same arguments to those who have complained or ripped the Cavs for those moves. With their payroll it was sign JR, TT, Shump or no one. And, yes, JR AND TT fit well with that team and Lebron.

And, no, it was not Gilbert who nixed the PG deal. It was Indiana if you believe the reports.

Know what else gets them another banner? The cap explosion happening a year sooner or later and not coinciding with Durant's FA. Have you noticed no team has beaten GS in the playoffs other than the cavs? I do like PG, but did you notice last year with him OKC was not any better and Indiana was?

So you think playing with Westbrook is the same as playing with Lebron? If you do, this conversation is over.

Lebron also had his hand with a lot of these contracts that the Cavs signed. The Warriors were also lucky because they had Curry on a contract where he was making about $10 mil. Sure, timing is a wonderful thing and the Warriors benefitted from it. But the Cavs locked in a roster that Lebron had a hand in structuring.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as would most and it's comical unless you are talking strictly for GS.

Eh, you're a little overcommitted to this. There are more teams than the Ws who would need Green's skills over Love's. Bucks, Rockets, Celtics, Jazz...I'm not giving this a lot of thought but there are surely more.