• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance i mean you really should get a fucking clue.

the Cavs had no pick the summer James left- they had used it to trade for Jamison. The cupboard was TOTALLY bare when LeBron left- pretty much no useful young players, no draft picks. nothing

and in 4 years the Cavs put together a roster that LeBron could come home to play with and go to 4 straight Finals and win a championship. LeBron does not come CLOSE to coming back to Cleveland unless the Cavs have Kyrie Irving, have the assets to trade for Love, have a pocket full of draft picks and young players to continue to augment the roster.

The same with the Sixers- the Sixers hired Sam Hinkie right before the start of the '12-'13 season- thats when the PROCESS started. He accumulated tons of extra draft picks, rented out cap space, took chances on a ton of young players etc...he was fired early on in the '15-'16 season having delivered Embiid, Simmons, multiple extra picks and a boatload of cap space..

The Lakers rebuild started in '13-'14---they had gotten the 7 seed the prior year and were trashed in the playoffs. Its the '18-'19 season and they are tied for the 9/10 seed in the West. What great picks have they made? What great trades have they made? What great extra picks have they accumulated? Say the Lakers just hit on ONE of their picks, and just traded ONE of their picks for George- theyd have Fox or something to include with AD- if they did just what the Sixers and Cavs did but with even LONGER to do it and with the allure of LA to back them---- if they had the type of success the Cavs and Sixers had in their rebuild right now the LAkers would be an unstoppable force--- but instead--- incompetence.

you need to get a fucking clue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be a great story to LeBron's legacy if he leads an 8 seed to a series win over the 1 seed Warriors but it wouldn't happen.

5 games, max.
No doubt about that, but the garbage he drafted here in 2007 might get swept by this version of the Lakers. I think if Lebron wanted to keep not caring about seed he should have stayed in the East.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh she's alright, but it is pointless to disagree with her about anything. She never stops, and she never admits error. Everything Warriors is awesome and everything other teams is terrible.
argued with me over comments that were positive towards her team. was pure comedy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really don't.

They dominated them earlier in GSW. Now they're going toe to toe with them without Lebron.

Playoffs Lebron and these other guys competing with Golden State the way they have done both times this year when they had close to a healthy roster is scary.

Unlike Cleveland last year, they can match up with the Warriors on defense and not be at an disadvantage.

You can go with Rondo/Ball, Ingram/KCP, Lebron/Lance, Kuz, and your Javele/Zubac when Cousins is in the game.

They have a good defensive lineup to match up with the Warriors at basically all times
Maybe....but no one who can give them what Love did. Strong rebounding, as well as outside shooting and ability to stretch the floor.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs Lebron is good to give you 35 PPG in a series.

If you can get consistent offensive performances from Ingram and Kuz while the role players doing their job.

A Warriors/Lakers series can be real interesting.
agree. They need a shooter, though. Thought for sure Lebron would push for and get Korver.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Cavs had no pick the summer James left- they had used it to trade for Jamison. The cupboard was TOTALLY bare when LeBron left- pretty much no useful young players, no draft picks. nothing

and in 4 years the Cavs put together a roster that LeBron could come home to play with and go to 4 straight Finals and win a championship. LeBron does not come CLOSE to coming back to Cleveland unless the Cavs have Kyrie Irving, have the assets to trade for Love, have a pocket full of draft picks and young players to continue to augment the roster.

The same with the Sixers- the Sixers hired Sam Hinkie right before the start of the '12-'13 season- thats when the PROCESS started. He accumulated tons of extra draft picks, rented out cap space, took chances on a ton of young players etc...he was fired early on in the '15-'16 season having delivered Embiid, Simmons, multiple extra picks and a boatload of cap space..

The Lakers rebuild started in '13-'14---they had gotten the 7 seed the prior year and were trashed in the playoffs. Its the '18-'19 season and they are tied for the 9/10 seed in the West. What great picks have they made? What great trades have they made? What great extra picks have they accumulated? Say the Lakers just hit on ONE of their picks, and just traded ONE of their picks for George- theyd have Fox or something to include with AD- if they did just what the Sixers and Cavs did but with even LONGER to do it and with the allure of LA to back them---- if they had the type of success the Cavs and Sixers had in their rebuild right now the LAkers would be an unstoppable force--- but instead--- incompetence.

Unreal to me how much the cavs and their FO get ripped.....often by media guys who should know what you just said. They tanked 2 times to get Lebron, and it worked both times.

Gilbert gets ripped left and right but the fact is if he did not show Lebron he would spend the first time and make the same commitment summer of 2010, no way Lebron comes back for round 2.

I'd do cartwheels if I found out he was buying the Indians.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that the refs suck. I think if it was you out there you'd see it differently
Like the NFL, it's a tough game to officiate. Guys moving very fast and many of them in the same area. This isn't like baseball where there is rarely more than 2 around a play and not much to look for other than safe, out, catch or no catch.

Fans whose teams lose blame refs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal, in his last 15 games - which is from the beginning of January up until the end of the game otnight---- is averaging 27.6 pts, 5.6 boards, 6.1 assists, 1.8 steals a game, 46.2% from the field and 39% from 3 pt. While taking over 8 three's a game.

dude is absolutely balling. He is 25. Id give up a LOT to get him.
I'm fr sure looking into him if I'm the Lakers. Lebron needs another shooter around him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it gets old watching a bunch of multi-millions constantly whine and complain and try and upstage the game doesnt it?

in my opinion, the players are just starting to get too much power in the league- from player movement to power over their coaches to crying at the refs.

I feel that if the TV ratings keep going down, there is going to be a serious work stoppage at some point and I would not be surprised if the owners tried to assert a little more control.
I wouldn't mind if they locked them out and kept them locked out as long as it took to allow teams to franchise their own players like the NFL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making a fool of yourself. Stick to the topic: why can't Cousins and Green handle the shitty refs like most other players? You haven't given a single reply about that.
Clear sign of the irrational is avoidance of answering direct questions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how you'd like to gloss over your stupidity but not this time....we'll just sit right here & wade in it lol
I'll help her. "Of course I know Boogie and Dray are like kids when things don't go their way, and there is no excuse for their antics."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a clue. You need to stop acting all butthurt.

They did a great job building a roster around LeBron and deserve credit for that.

But you keep making fun of the Lakers draft picks on a near daily basis. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house man. Because the Cavs record of "draft picks" in the time frame we are debating isn't much better.

And for the record, there is an astornical difference between picking 1 and 2. If the Lakers has been lucky enough to hit #1 instead, they would have drafted KAT and Simmons. Then probably still whiffed in either Ball or Fultz last season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And JR Smith returned the favor in game 1 last season's finals lol
JR was a huge reason they won Game 7. I'll give him a pass for a bonehead move in a game in a series they had no chance to win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats okay.

Cavs are gonna have a rough couple years here but I can guarantee you it wont be 6 bad years and they will come through it with a lot more than Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.

Its the Lakers own fualt that they dont already have Davis. Mismanging so Randle and Russel are gone- and how they used their picks etc....

Lakers have no one to blame for themselves that after a 5+ year rebuild their cupboard of picks and players is still not very impressive.
I love how they make the excuse of "LA was smart as he had to dump Russell to get rid of the Mozgov contract"

How about not sign a stiff like Mozgov? It's contracts like those that make me laugh everytime TT's deal gets ripped.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a direct quote from Davis where he says he wont play for any teams? Not unnamed sources or another unsubstantiated rumor. I gave you one where Davis said he'll let NO do what is best for them with the words coming out of his mouth.
I don't need to provide you with Shit.

You are a random on the internet.

If you have a problem with what I'm posting, stop responding.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal to me how much the cavs and their FO get ripped.....often by media guys who should know what you just said. They tanked 2 times to get Lebron, and it worked both times.

Gilbert gets ripped left and right but the fact is if he did not show Lebron he would spend the first time and make the same commitment summer of 2010, no way Lebron comes back for round 2.

I'd do cartwheels if I found out he was buying the Indians.

This isn't even about the Cavs.

This is about a singular poster (@WiggyRuss) who is the biggest homer/hypocrite on these boards. He repeats the same garbage over and over about the same topics and he is incapable of having a civil debate with someone he disagrees with. He loves lashing out at specific posters and about specific players he doesn't like.

I call him on his bullshit and he can't handle it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a clue. You need to stop acting all butthurt.

They did a great job building a roster around LeBron and deserve credit for that.

But you keep making fun of the Lakers draft picks on a near daily basis. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house man. Because the Cavs record of "draft picks" in the time frame we are debating isn't much better.

And for the record, there is an astornical difference between picking 1 and 2. If the Lakers has been lucky enough to hit #1 instead, they would have drafted KAT and Simmons. Then probably still whiffed in either Ball or Fultz last season.
Fair points, but if the Cavs had hit #1 a few years earlier they have AD instead of Bennett.

Truth be told, I think the LA could come out of this OK, but they might not. Cavs actually did go to the Finals 4 times and won once and their FO is ripped constantly. And they don't have being in LA to lure FAs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to provide you with Shit.

You are a random on the internet.

If you have a problem with what I'm posting, stop responding.
No problem at all. This is what happens on the internet in these forums. Make a comment and it might get refuted with logic, facts or reason. You cannot answer my question nor refute my comment. No reason for a Yosemite sam-like meltdown.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't even about the Cavs.

This is about a singular poster (@WiggyRuss) who is the biggest homer/hypocrite on these boards. He repeats the same garbage over and over about the same topics and he is incapable of having a civil debate with someone he disagrees with. He loves lashing out at specific posters and about specific players he doesn't like.

I call him on his bullshit and he can't handle it.
Have to say I've seen the debate and it seems like he has refuted comments with facts and reason. you want to see posters here who get bent out of shape when someone disagrees with them, wiggy does not seem to be the one I'd call out.

Admittedly, I haven't been here more than 2-3 weeks.