• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I presume there are hundreds of clips like this of Bayless beclowning himself, and dozens of sites on the internet to find them collated for you.
He says stuff that makes him look like a fool at least once a week, so there are definitely more clips or screenshots of tweets. Here's a good one.
CcgVn_bUkAAnYsQ.jpg

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some veteran Laker players were fighting with Luke Walton after the game, that's horrible...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's everybody doing for the SB?

I woke up to take a leak and am dying to know......burning.question on my brain at almost 3am.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless‏Verified account @RealSkipBayless
ABC says LeBron is in the locker room at Golden State getting treatment. Wouldn't the young Lakers appreciate it if he were on the bench, helping coach and encourage? He has the game's highest IQ. He could've gotten plenty of treatment before the game.

for once i am agreeing with skip.

for some reason it just does not feel like LeBron is "all in" right now.

It's at least 1 of 2 things.

1) Lebron's not totally bought in because he has a good enough sample size to now how far he's going to get with this current group. He's not totally vested right now from public perception given that this group's ceiling is not an NBA title.

2) A lot of these guys aren't going to be around long term and doesn't want to invest in key players that won't be here if (or when) they trade for AD.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal, in his last 15 games - which is from the beginning of January up until the end of the game otnight---- is averaging 27.6 pts, 5.6 boards, 6.1 assists, 1.8 steals a game, 46.2% from the field and 39% from 3 pt. While taking over 8 three's a game.

dude is absolutely balling. He is 25. Id give up a LOT to get him.

It seems like he's been playing in the NBA forever.

I do agree, the Wizards need to blow it up and start over. But I don't think it would be bad holding onto Beal for the long haul. I'd move on from Wall.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it gets old watching a bunch of multi-millions constantly whine and complain and try and upstage the game doesnt it?

in my opinion, the players are just starting to get too much power in the league- from player movement to power over their coaches to crying at the refs.

I feel that if the TV ratings keep going down, there is going to be a serious work stoppage at some point and I would not be surprised if the owners tried to assert a little more control.

Glad you brought this up. It's been really difficult for me being engaged this upcoming season.

This is what I loved about David Stern compared to Silver. Stern didn't care about the opinions of players while Silver seem to bend over backwards for them and tries to meet their every demand. As a commissioner, you can't operate solely on player approval rating.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did @bksballer89 actually say that? I didnt see that.

I think @bksballer89 said it could be some hard fought games- but i dont know ANYONE that would predict anything close to 7 games.

Maybe the Lakers get one------ id be highly surprised they would get 2 unless the Warriors were injured or the Lakers were just scorching from 3 pt land.

Lakers arent good. There 2nd best player is a PF that plays one side of the ball. Their 3rd best player is a dissapointing #2 pick that plays with no fire. Their 4th best player is a point guard that cant shoot and cant stay healthy.

the Lakers have a lot of rotation players but they have no one that is anything close to a high level NBA player outside of 34 year old LeBron that played all 82 games and a huge playoff work load last offseason- who just came back from the most serious injury in his career- and appears to be seriously doubting his teammates and is trying to force the Lakers hand into trading away half the team.

I think some are trying to find parallels in the Rockets from last year and Lakers this year. Sure, the Lakers provide some defensive problems for the Rockets. Then there's always that Lebron guy. But where the parallelism stops is when we compare the weapons Houston had last year and compare them to the Lakers. Outside of Lebron, the drop off in talent comparisons is staggering.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some veteran Laker players were fighting with Luke Walton after the game, that's horrible...
^ Has everything to do with the agitation of LeBron James... no doubt.

Suck for Luke, but the franchise (LBJ) has voted against him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Has everything to do with the agitation of LeBron James... no doubt.

Suck for Luke, but the franchise (LBJ) has voted against him.

Beasley is calling the shots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point of lebron coming back if they cant even play after a day off?

I get it.

Instead of pushing it, He sits in a game they probably lose anyway.

Although in hindsight I am pretty sure they win last night if LeBron plays.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of better dunks i’ve seen without a off arm pushing off defender. still thought it could have went other way

Could not possibly have gone either way on the Cousins dunk. Defender was in the restricted area. That was 100% a block or a no call. Could not have been a charge.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't have this much disrespect out there... it's not a good look.

I got young kids... I see enough belly-aching in my day-to-day life, I don't need it in my sports entertainment.

Agreed.

This stuff has gone way too far.

It is okay to talk to the ref respectfully after a call. It is never okay to scream angrily at the ref for any reason. I don't know why the league chooses to give so much latitude to this crap. I get that you want the stars in the game, but like you said it is suck a bad look for the kids.

At any other level of basketball you get T'd for that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats okay.

Cavs are gonna have a rough couple years here but I can guarantee you it wont be 6 bad years and they will come through it with a lot more than Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.

Its the Lakers own fualt that they dont already have Davis. Mismanging so Randle and Russel are gone- and how they used their picks etc....

Lakers have no one to blame for themselves that after a 5+ year rebuild their cupboard of picks and players is still not very impressive.

BS.

The LAKers could have done better, but you acting like the Cavs are some shining example of how to draft is a joke.

The Cavs had 3 #1 overall and 2 4s in a 4 year span. Yeah, they hit on Kyrie and traded Wiggins before he had a chance to disappoint, but fact is their draft haul was very underwhelming considering the unprecedented lottery Luck.

The only reason the Cavs were relevant was because the greatest player in basketball choose to resign there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say any of that but I do think a completely healthy Lakers team probably lose in a really tight 6 game series.

IMO, only OKC would give GSW a tougher series in the West and maybe Houston

Cmon man.

6 games?

Nah.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll also regret trading AD one day.

What's there to regret? He's already requested to be traded from the franchise. They know he's not going to re-sign with them now. So why would they regret trading him away?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
esp. because they abandoned Cousins

fair or not- once they dealt for cousins they shouldve went all in for him to try and keep DAvis to stay.

They dealt what ended up being the #10 pick in the draft and Hield for a few months of Cousins....it was a bad move- but Demps is a moron. I cant believe he still has a job.

Demps gave Billy King a run for his money.