• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was afraid they'd choke like Minnesota did. Happy for 'em, I like the Kings, would love to see all the CA teams besides the Lakers good at the same time.
:fify:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why AD could end up on the Lakers.
At least you know only a moron would trade AD there over better offers elsewhere.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im rooting for the Kings, Twolves, Mavs, Clippers, Jazz BIG TIME down the stretch. lol
Kings need at least one of those last two teams to fall off along with the Lakers, Spurs seem like they're gonna Spurs their way into the playoffs and Harden won't let the Rockets miss out.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though I don't think it's ever happened. Not even just Kings/Lakers/Warriors being all good at once. It's no fair to include the Clippers...but fuck THAT would rock if all 4 were good at once. I'd die to see a 2nd round WC playoffs of all four playing each other.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fucking crazy if you think I'm putting myself in the middle of this.....like certifiable.
There's nothing to get in the middle of, really.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what they get for him. And what else can they do?

Exactly, honestly it could be argued that Davis is a guy you just don’t trade. The pelicans arent ready to make a run like the thunder were so they probably have to do a deal next year. People that say the thunder didn’t get anything for KD are wrong though, they got a run at a title that few teams get.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention we had a deal worked out for CP.....as you fucking know.
i think the humiliation Demps received from that deal works against you though- prob harder to get a guy to humiliate himself twice. Its basically what Ithink Pop was telling Demps--- "you got humiliated last time you made a trade with the Lakers- dont humiliate yourself again thinking you are in a corner and have to make a deal".

the owner of the Pelcians is the wife of Benson who died- and she is clueless.

The Lakers best and only hope is that she wants to get this done quick, doesnt really understand what is going on, and Demps makes a deal that she okays.

From the sounds of it- it seems that the other small market owners are in her ear and she is "carrying the flag" for small market owners and is leery of engaging with the Lakers- whcih if that is true- is bad news for you-

but who knows.

a first time woman owner who prob knows little about the sport and a dumbass GM in Demps, and a team president that shares team president roles between the Saints and Pelicans

its a totally ridiculous management structure with some total unknown variables.

i have zero clue how the Davis saga will play out and i seriously doubt anyone does with the variables at play.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the humiliation Demps received from that deal works against you though- prob harder to get a guy to humiliate himself twice. Its basically what Ithink Pop was telling Demps--- "you got humiliated last time you made a trade with the Lakers- dont humiliate yourself again thinking you are in a corner and have to make a deal".

the owner of the Pelcians is the wife of Benson who died- and she is clueless.

The Lakers best and only hope is that she wants to get this done quick, doesnt really understand what is going on, and Demps makes a deal that she okays.

From the sounds of it- it seems that the other small market owners are in her ear and she is "carrying the flag" for small market owners and is leery of engaging with the Lakers- whcih if that is true- is bad news for you-

but who knows.

a first time woman owner who prob knows little about the sport and a dumbass GM in Demps, and a team president that shares team president roles between the Saints and Pelicans

its a totally ridiculous management structure with some total unknown variables.

i have zero clue how the Davis saga will play out and i seriously doubt anyone does with the variables at play.

Fuck you.

That is all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention we had a deal worked out for CP.....as you fucking know.
you had a preliminary deal that worked out and when it was brought to ownership it was nixed.

any high profile deal needs to get passed ownership- and when it got to the Pelicans ownership- it died. Demps did not have the power to finish a deal just as he does not have that power now.

the Pelicans power structure is a mess

I am pretty sure that their team president has a dual-role between president of the Saints and Pelicans as the Benson family owns both franchises.

The Pels owner- as i said above, is the surviving spouse of Mr. Benson who died--- she is an old woman- first time owner that who knows how much she really knows (or cares) about sports in general.

so there management structure

1. Mrs. Benson- spouse of the guy that bought the team- who prob. bought it because he could - whos real love was the Saints- and bought it because he would keep the team in NO.

2. Team president that over sees the Saints and Pelicans and is mostly a football guy

3. Demps- who is a moron

No one can possibly predict how this will come out with such a fucked up structure.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though I don't think it's ever happened. Not even just Kings/Lakers/Warriors being all good at once. It's no fair to include the Clippers...but fuck THAT would rock if all 4 were good at once. I'd die to see a 2nd round WC playoffs of all four playing each other.
I don't think they've all made the playoffs in one year, I know 3 made it the last time the Kings got into the playoffs(2006). My dislike for the Lakers and Warriors is well known but I do admit having an all California final 4 in the West would be cool...up until the Kings got eliminated.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I presume there are hundreds of clips like this of Bayless beclowning himself, and dozens of sites on the internet to find them collated for you.