• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think playing with Westbrook is the same as playing with Lebron? If you do, this conversation is over.

Lebron also had his hand with a lot of these contracts that the Cavs signed. The Warriors were also lucky because they had Curry on a contract where he was making about $10 mil. Sure, timing is a wonderful thing and the Warriors benefitted from it. But the Cavs locked in a roster that Lebron had a hand in structuring.

The Cavs would be in a very different place had they done the George trade.

Gilbert wanted a commitment from LeBron before he pulled the trigger because George wouldn't give the Cavs one without it.

We all know what happened next.

As for the TT and Smith overpays....

* See KCP

Cost of doing business with Klutch.

That's what happens when you give a single player that much power over a franchise.

I don't feel sorry for the owners. They have been fucking over players for years.

But, I can't remember a single player that has had this much control over a franchise as LeBron.

It's dangerous when he co-owns * coughs * is signed to a Agency with a history of strong arm tactics.

If nothing else, they wouldn't have that albatross contract of Love's on their books.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but I don't think he was available to the cavs when Love was signed.

That's not the point we were discussing. You were fluffing Love as some great floor spacing rebounding big. Warriors got a better one now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you're a little overcommitted to this. There are more teams than the Ws who would need Green's skills over Love's. Bucks, Rockets, Celtics, Jazz...I'm not giving this a lot of thought but there are surely more.
Clippers maybe even Denver.

I don't like the Milsap / Jokic pairing.

Early on, Jokic's game suffered.

He didn't really take off until Milsap got injured.

But, more so....

The best ability is availability.

Love is injury prone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the point we were discussing. You were fluffing Love as some great floor spacing rebounding big. Warriors got a better one now.
I like Kevin's game.

But, he's been Super Gallo the last 3 Seasons.

Who cares how good you are if you are always in a suit?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance i mean you really should get a fucking clue.

the Cavs had no pick the summer James left- they had used it to trade for Jamison. The cupboard was TOTALLY bare when LeBron left- pretty much no useful young players, no draft picks. nothing

and in 4 years the Cavs put together a roster that LeBron could come home to play with and go to 4 straight Finals and win a championship. LeBron does not come CLOSE to coming back to Cleveland unless the Cavs have Kyrie Irving, have the assets to trade for Love, have a pocket full of draft picks and young players to continue to augment the roster.

The same with the Sixers- the Sixers hired Sam Hinkie right before the start of the '12-'13 season- thats when the PROCESS started. He accumulated tons of extra draft picks, rented out cap space, took chances on a ton of young players etc...he was fired early on in the '15-'16 season having delivered Embiid, Simmons, multiple extra picks and a boatload of cap space..

The Lakers rebuild started in '13-'14---they had gotten the 7 seed the prior year and were trashed in the playoffs. Its the '18-'19 season and they are tied for the 9/10 seed in the West. What great picks have they made? What great trades have they made? What great extra picks have they accumulated? Say the Lakers just hit on ONE of their picks, and just traded ONE of their picks for George- theyd have Fox or something to include with AD- if they did just what the Sixers and Cavs did but with even LONGER to do it and with the allure of LA to back them---- if they had the type of success the Cavs and Sixers had in their rebuild right now the LAkers would be an unstoppable force--- but instead--- incompetence.

you need to get a fucking clue.

Let's not forget that getting Kyrie was a fluke.
What was it, I believe <3% in the lotto drawing?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that getting Kyrie was a fluke.
What was it, I believe <3% in the lotto drawing?

Yeah that kid they had at the draft was some kind of a wizard or something.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

The LAKers could have done better, but you acting like the Cavs are some shining example of how to draft is a joke.

The Cavs had 3 #1 overall and 2 4s in a 4 year span. Yeah, they hit on Kyrie and traded Wiggins before he had a chance to disappoint, but fact is their draft haul was very underwhelming considering the unprecedented lottery Luck.

The only reason the Cavs were relevant was because the greatest player in basketball choose to resign there.
I don't disagree, but doubt he does without Gilbert's willingness to spend, which did allow then to make the deal that ended up in the Kyrie pick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another unsubstantiated rumor from a guy whose job we could all do easily.

Luke isn't going to be back next year.

You really think a FO member telling someone a guy involved in a deal is the same as someone telling them there was a locker room altercation?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes one to know one?
as I said, just go with "I cannot refute what you said" as default.

Has to be better than a grade school reply, doesn't it?

If you don't think Lebron is narcissistic, passive aggressive or a drama queen feel free to explain why.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you're a little overcommitted to this. There are more teams than the Ws who would need Green's skills over Love's. Bucks, Rockets, Celtics, Jazz...I'm not giving this a lot of thought but there are surely more.

Yep. It is obviously a bit more complicated than this, but...

If you have a couple legit scorers and need a playmaker/defender you take Green. If you need scoring, you take Love. Both players have things they do exceptionally well and things they do that can hurt their teams at times.

I tend to think that most of the top teams would prefer a Draymond type, but it is really about fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milsap

Again....

I'm not sure why you think I should care about your opinion on my beliefs.

You have been here like 5 mins.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. So, move on.
You sure reply a lot for someone who doesn't care. Always wondered who were the ones who paid to call the 900 opinion polls to say "don't care" or "don't know". I think I have my answer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said, just go with "I cannot refute what you said" as default.

Has to be better than a grade school reply, doesn't it?

If you don't think Lebron is narcissistic, passive aggressive or a drama queen feel free to explain why.
Wow....I was referring to you, Gump.

Do try and keep up.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure reply a lot for someone who doesn't care. Always wondered who were the ones who paid to call the 900 opinion polls to say "don't care" or "don't know". I think I have my answer.
Uh, it's basically a sports chat room.

That's what people do, reply.

Just because I don't value your opinion doesn't mean we can't interact.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron did sign a 2 + 1 after the title. And I bet he regrets it.

Because as soon as Gilbert had him under contract for an offseason, he refused to pay Griffin and traded Kyrie. I know Kyrie asked to be traded, but they didn't have to and I am pretty sure LeBron didn't want them to.
You actually strike me as the type who'd be willing to hear another side, unlike most here, and could actually change his mind with evidence. so here goes......

How do you know he refused to pay Griffin? There were offers made. Could it be Griffin likes what he is doing and didn't want to be a GM any longer? He still has not been paid to be a GM. Griffin also didn't do anything to warrant being paid whatever he wanted to stay.

Next, if Lebron really cared so much about Kyrie staying he had 2 things he could ave done to make it happen. One, maybe call Kyrie and try and straighten things out, since he was the reason Kyrie wanted to go. Never called. Second, Altman said he'd keep Kyrie if Lebron would commit to stay. He wouldn't and gave the cavs no choice but to move him. Other option was keep him and try and play the playoffs in Lebron's last season with Calderon at PG when Kyrie went out for his surgery (which was happening no matter where he went, and the cavs knew this).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think playing with Westbrook is the same as playing with Lebron? If you do, this conversation is over.

Lebron also had his hand with a lot of these contracts that the Cavs signed. The Warriors were also lucky because they had Curry on a contract where he was making about $10 mil. Sure, timing is a wonderful thing and the Warriors benefitted from it. But the Cavs locked in a roster that Lebron had a hand in structuring.
Never said anything to the contrary.