• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm referring to the Celtics/Nets trade for KG and Pierce

Yes they got destroyed lol

If Boston doesn't get to the finals and Kyrie leaves we can talk about how that trade scored
My bad...yeah, Brooklyn was destroyed in the deal.

How about we just talk about so far where the Cavs went to the Finals and beat Kyrie's team? don't make the deal and the Cavs probably lose in round 1 with Calderon as their PG.

Kyrie helped his team in the playoffs as much as I did last year.

agree, if Boston wins a title, they win....even if Kyrie leaves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, though there was ZERO chance Dorsey was taking a running back with a top 1 or 4 pick.

I even told my kid DURING the Cavs parade if the Browns just won the division the excitement would dwarf a Cavs' title.
i tried to tell the people on here that if right now- you offered Cleveland fans one out of either (i) Baker or (ii) LeBron, that 9 out of 10 would choose Baker- and I was told I was an idiot.

Its without a doubt true though--- you ask any random Cleveland sports fan who they would prefer to have on their team- Baker or LeBron- the VAST majority would say Baker without a second thought.

Don't you agree?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, though there was ZERO chance Dorsey was taking a running back with a top 1 or 4 pick.

I even told my kid DURING the Cavs parade if the Browns just won the division the excitement would dwarf a Cavs' title.

Oh man you just won a friend for life with that last paragraph

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....and people talked Shit about Kawhi.

I'm not sure if that's on Porzingis or the Knicks. There has been ZERO talk about his status; if he was cleared (or even getting close) you would think the NY media would be all over it. This seems like a hush job by the Knicks to keep their tank from throwing it's tracks IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if that's on Porzingis or the Knicks. There has been ZERO talk about his status; if he was cleared (or even getting close) you would think the NY media would be all over it. This seems like a hush job by the Knicks to keep their tank from throwing it's tracks IMO.
hopefully that fucker Porzingis is ready to play.

If he is the Mavs all of a sudden become viable for that 8 seed thats for sure---- adding Porzingis, hardaway jr., etc...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Cavs will be making a move at some point- to get another pick or two- or get in on one of these trades- be a third party that helps facilitate.

but we shall see.
I do, as well.....maybe move the Burks expiring deal. I still think they'll hold onto Love. They certainly wont dump him as despite what many think, 20-10 guys who can make 3s don't grow on trees. His contract compared to many is not outrageous.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, as well.....maybe move the Burks expiring deal. I still think they'll hold onto Love. They certainly wont dump him as despite what many think, 20-10 guys who can make 3s don't grow on trees. His contract compared to many is not outrageous.
Some teams are gonan strike out on free agents in the offseason- and thats when, if Love is traded he will be dealt.

I think Love's game should age pretty well -its not like he relies on his athleticism like a Jimmy Butler or something.

As you said--- the guy is a great rebounder, a great scorer, one of the few great 3 pt shooting big men in the league, and is a great passer- especially in transition. He holds value. I hope they keep him unless they get blown away with a deal.

Hes a great guy to take pressure off of the Cedi's, SExton's, whoever we draft, etc.

And yes- Burks is def. gonna be gone- I think Hood will be gone as well. Maybe Jr and his contract will be gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to tell the people on here that if right now- you offered Cleveland fans one out of either (i) Baker or (ii) LeBron, that 9 out of 10 would choose Baker- and I was told I was an idiot.

Its without a doubt true though--- you ask any random Cleveland sports fan who they would prefer to have on their team- Baker or LeBron- the VAST majority would say Baker without a second thought.

Don't you agree?
Oh my it's not even close. First, most Cleveland fans care more about the Browns than the Cavs (isn't to say I don't care about the Cavs, but it's not close for me). Second, Lebron has, what, 3-5 good year left? Baker looks like he will be the QB we have been looking for for 25+ years and he could play 12-15 more years.

Baker also strikes me as a far better teammate and a guy who is loved by his teammates much more than Lebron. A true leader.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams are gonan strike out on free agents in the offseason- and thats when, if Love is traded he will be dealt.

I think Love's game should age pretty well -its not like he relies on his athleticism like a Jimmy Butler or something.

As you said--- the guy is a great rebounder, a great scorer, one of the few great 3 pt shooting big men in the league, and is a great passer- especially in transition. He holds value. I hope they keep him unless they get blown away with a deal.

Hes a great guy to take pressure off of the Cedi's, SExton's, whoever we draft, etc.

And yes- Burks is def. gonna be gone- I think Hood will be gone as well. Maybe Jr and his contract will be gone.
Perfectly said about Love. Not like the Cavs are a FA destination. If they shed his salary I can't imagine they could find a better player than Love in FA.

His rep would be much better than what it is (to fans) if he acted like a fake toughguy like Draymond. Love outplayed him in 2017 and 2018 Finals.....and it wasn't really close.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are trying to sell on Love? Nobody other than Cavs fans are buying. If you're waiting to get blown away with a trade offer, prepare to keep him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fan vote is dumb as hell too honestly, that being said Saquon had a sensational year....Baker is he really upset? You know he will use this as motivation like everything else prior to this in his career LOL fine with me

2021 Superbowl Champs :dance:
In fact Baker doesn't seem to care. would he be upset if he lost out on AP vote? Maybe, maybe not, but agree he'd use it as fuel. Seems like he genuinely likes Barkley and as you said barkely did have a great year, so I doubt he'd be that upset.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are trying to sell on Love? Nobody other than Cavs fans are buying. If you're waiting to get blown away with a trade offer, prepare to keep him.
If you don't think Lebron would kill or die for the guy if they strike out on AD you don't know basketball.

would Love want to play with Lebron again? On that I have my doubts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio and a 1st for Conley. That was Utah’s trade offer to Memphis

Obviously would have to match salaries

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fan vote is dumb as hell too honestly, that being said Saquon had a sensational year....Baker is he really upset? You know he will use this as motivation like everything else prior to this in his career LOL fine with me

2021 Superbowl Champs :dance:

the Kansas City Chiefs...

Thanks, man...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you agree?

It's a silly comparison. Baker is 23 and has his whole career ahead of him. Lebron is 34 and already won a championship for Cleveland.

A more interesting question would this. Would Cleveland fans rather have Baker right now without knowing whether he will be successful much win a Super Bowl or a 19 year old Lebron James and a championship..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Lebron would kill or die for the guy if they strike out on AD you don't know basketball.

would Love want to play with Lebron again? On that I have my doubts.

How many games has Love played this year? How many did he play last year?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games has Love played this year? How many did he play last year?
59 last year, 4 this year. You get the Cavs tanking is better served if he doesn't play, right? 5 years prior to this one he averaged just under 70 per season.

do you think 20-10 guys who can shoot 3s and will adjust their game for the team grow on trees?

Are you aware making the deal for Love was a reason Lebron chose to come back?