• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a silly comparison. Baker is 23 and has his whole career ahead of him. Lebron is 34 and already won a championship for Cleveland.

A more interesting question would this. Would Cleveland fans rather have Baker right now without knowing whether he will be successful much win a Super Bowl or a 19 year old Lebron James and a championship..
Not sure that question is fair as seems more likely a #1 pick in the NBA would be a stud and less chance at being a bust than an NFL QB.

Maybe the fair question is knowing what we know now would you rather have rookie Lebron or rookie Baker.

I go back to most Cleveland fans like football the most and we all know how hard it is to find a QB I'm taking Baker.

None of this means I don't love what Lebron did for this city.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59 last year, 4 this year. You get the Cavs tanking is better served if he doesn't play, right? 5 years prior to this one he averaged just under 70 per season.

do you think 20-10 guys who can shoot 3s and will adjust their game for the team grow on trees?

Well they don't grow on trees but they also don't grow new knees and backs when they turn 30.

I like Kevin Love. He's a really good player that could help a lot of teams. He's also an oft-injured guy on the north side of 30 who is still owed $130 million.

Trying to convince teams that he's healthy and they are just sitting him to keep tanking would be a pretty amusing discussion.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that question is fair as seems more likely a #1 pick in the NBA would be a stud and less chance at being a bust than an NFL QB.

Maybe the fair question is knowing what we know now would you rather have rookie Lebron or rookie Baker.

I go back to most Cleveland fans like football the most and we all know how hard it is to find a QB I'm taking Baker.

But that's the point. I agree that most Cleveland fans are bigger football fans than basketball fans. I would argue that the only multi-sport city in the country that puts basketball above football is LA. Maybe Miami.

But, as you say, getting a generational talent in basketball is far more likely to get you a ring than a generational talent in football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the point. I agree that most Cleveland fans are bigger football fans than basketball fans. I would argue that the only multi-sport city in the country that puts basketball above football is LA. Maybe Miami.

But, as you say, getting a generational talent in basketball is far more likely to get you a ring than a generational talent in football.
Agreed.....though QB position is different. It's no accident no matter who they plug in at WR/TE in NE, NO, GB (until this season), Indy, Pittsburgh their offenses never skip a beat....unless the QB is hurt

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think DLo is only 22. Some of these guys that get in the league when they are 18-19 seems like they have been in the league forever after only 4-5 years when they are 23.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron became an entire industry on himself. While I understand Baker could be God status if he could finally turn around the Browns I don't see him ever matching LeBron.

And that's with me agreeing that Cleveland loves football over hoops. Basketball is just a more star driven sport.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% about Klay. I'm not breaking the bank on him if I'm GS. If someone wants to pay him the max that will bite them in the ass when they realize with no Curry, Durant et al Klay is no longer Klay.

and, while he has more than 1 skill, I'd say the dame of Green. No way he could come close to being the #1 guy on even a mediocre team. Say what ya will about Kevin Love, but Green could not do for any team what Love did in Minny.
And Love could not do for any team what Draymond does for GS. Very different players obviously.

Dray has never been thought of as a #1 including by his own estimation, nor has Klay. But they are gonna have to overpay Klay and they will.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think DLo is only 22. Some of these guys that get in the league when they are 18-19 seems like they have been in the league forever after only 4-5 years when they are 23.

He's becoming the player I thought he'd be. But he's been underestimated his whole career. Dude was like a 20-25th best prospect....was overshadowed by Ben Simmons on his HS team and then came to the NBA and got dealt and is a frigging all star and he may not be back with Brooklyn.

Whoever gets him if it isn't Brooklyn will be happy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they don't grow on trees but they also don't grow new knees and backs when they turn 30.

I like Kevin Love. He's a really good player that could help a lot of teams. He's also an oft-injured guy on the north side of 30 who is still owed $130 million.

Trying to convince teams that he's healthy and they are just sitting him to keep tanking would be a pretty amusing discussion.

Never said they'd be convincing a team to take him now. I think if he went anywhere it would be over the summer. But I'm hoping he stays.

You realize in the 4 years prior to this one he played the same number of games as AD? His game should play just fine into his mid 30s and beyond. Not like he relies on explosion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron became an entire industry on himself. While I understand Baker could be God status if he could finally turn around the Browns I don't see him ever matching LeBron.

And that's with me agreeing that Cleveland loves football over hoops. Basketball is just a more star driven sport.
Never said Baker will be the player for his sport that Lebron is for his. But if you asked me as a Cleveland fan, I'm taking rookie Baker and his career over Lebron and his.

But I do think Baker goes up on that mural if we win a division next season.....and he should.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Love could not do for any team what Draymond does for GS. Very different players obviously.

Dray has never been thought of as a #1 including by his own estimation, nor has Klay. But they are gonna have to overpay Klay and they will.
A fair point...in fact, if you put Love on GS and Green on the cavs last year I think it would have hurt both teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they did BUT they did get Kuzma for him, so not just a total loss
Yeah, the question is not would you want D Lo or Kuzma because I think they are almost a wash.

The question is: Would you want D Lo or Lonzo?

They were going to have to attach a asset to get off of that Mozgov deal.

But, they dealt the wrong one.

I think Russell's childishness was his undoing.

#HindsightIsCheating

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone understand why the Knicks would do what they did yesterday? Shouldn’t they have built around kp instead of trading him. But then again it is the Knicks we are talking about so I’m not surprised they did something not smart

KP didn't want to be there so they dealt him......they got 2 draft picks plus DSJ who could still improve to be a really good player.....and they can chase 2 max FA's this summer.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice to have the Bucks get the series win and have the tie breaker with Toronto winning 2 in Toronto and one at home giving them their first home loss since 12/9

:suds:

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I really hope the Knicks can land kyrie and Durant. The NBA is really good when the Knicks are good