• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he went to Brooklyn that would be a nice little backcourt.

Considering they got absolutely destroyed on the Boston trade they've actually managed to turn it around
Only if they let D Lo walk.

Caris, Dinwiddie, Kyrie and Russell is one to many heavy rotation guards.

That's without mentioning Crabbe.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they let D Lo walk.

Caris, Dinwiddie, Kyrie and Russell is one to many heavy rotation guards.

That's without mentioning Crabbe.

Lol Crabbe. What a lucky bastard.

Dinwiddie is a FA also correct?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, Russell is not a barrier to signing Kyrie.

You don't pass on guys of his caliber unless you have a Curry, Lillard on your roster.

Someone needs to love D Lo. He just wants to be loved

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,869.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone understand why the Knicks would do what they did yesterday? Shouldn’t they have built around kp instead of trading him. But then again it is the Knicks we are talking about so I’m not surprised they did something not smart

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone understand why the Knicks would do what they did yesterday? Shouldn’t they have built around kp instead of trading him. But then again it is the Knicks we are talking about so I’m not surprised they did something not smart

Doesn't sound like KP wanted to be there.

they created a lot of cap space to make a run at some marquee free agents and shift into full tank mode for Zion.

Unfortunately for them however one of three high end rooks are a PG if they miss on Zion

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea they can only offer him 120% of his current salary because they don't retain his bird-rights. And they could technically do the same thing next summer and double his salary next summer until 2020 when they could attain his bird-rights and sign him to a max deal. Of course they would only do this if they were wanting him to be a corner stone going forward. And, Boogie would have to be onboard with taking less two years in a row.
Pretty low chance, no way he'd risk another injury, he needs to get paid right away

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, saw it on the jump 2 days ago and it came from their reporters.

You can search for it on ESPN on demand.
I'm not doubting you...

... the question, though, becomes: where did these reporters get their info from?

Look beneath the surface of almost all of these stories and it's an unnamed source(s).

Especially this time of year... a lot of agendas and a lot of spin and (potentially) a lot of made up BS trying to manipulate things towards a given end.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that KD will probably stay at least 1 more year.

Klay can't leave & be "the man" somewhere else because he doesn't have those skill sets. He is a catch & shoot guy. THAT IS IT (on offense). Don't you ever wonder why he can shoot so efficiently without hardly dribbling? And have you seen the results when he tries to dribble & create his own shot? It usually doesn't end well. So again, he needs to play in an offense like what GS has & he needs players like Steph & KD around him.

Boogie on the other hand is only on a 1 year deal, but that could change if either KD or Klay do actually leave. If that were to happen Meyers could offer Boogie what he's worth to stay.
Agree 100% about Klay. I'm not breaking the bank on him if I'm GS. If someone wants to pay him the max that will bite them in the ass when they realize with no Curry, Durant et al Klay is no longer Klay.

and, while he has more than 1 skill, I'd say the dame of Green. No way he could come close to being the #1 guy on even a mediocre team. Say what ya will about Kevin Love, but Green could not do for any team what Love did in Minny.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doubting you...

... the question, though, becomes: where did these reporters get their info from?

Look beneath the surface of almost all of these stories and it's an unnamed source(s).

Especially this time of year... a lot of agendas and a lot of spin and (potentially) a lot of made up BS trying to manipulate things towards a given end.
and as long as fans eat it up we'll keep getting unsubstantiated stories. Not like there is accountablilty when they are wrong.

Seems like most trades that go down are the ones we don't hear about...or hear right before it happens (like Zingis).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love Mayfield with a chip on his shoulder

the radio guys i listen to on the way into work have been saying it for a while- that they almost hope he doesnt win this awards so it gives him something to piss him off.

Mayfield is a bad dude.

Its no question that right now the Browns are #1 in Cleveland.

The Cavs have been to 5 NBA Finals in the last 12 years. The Indians have the most wins in the AL over the last 6 years

but make no mistake- its a Browns town- and Baker is the leader.

Gotta give John Dorsey so much credit for having the balls to take Baker #1 overall. IT would have been very easy to take Darnold- the prototypical QB, or Barkley- a transcendent talent.

Instead he took the small guy with a big attitude and you could not have found a better fit for Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he went to Brooklyn that would be a nice little backcourt.

Considering they got absolutely destroyed on the Boston trade they've actually managed to turn it around
Still think destroyed? Told you wait and see how it plays out. If on July 2nd the Cs have no one and the cavs still have Nance, Sexton, Hood, Clarkson and Zizic (or guys they receive in trade for these guys) the Cavs were destroyed?

what, exactly, were the options? Cavs told Lebron commit and we'll keep Kyrie and Lebron said no. Stands to reason they then knew Lebron was gone and 2017-18 was their last year with him. They were supposed to keep Kyrie knowing not only would he be less valuable after the season, but also that he would need surgery at some point during the season?

Could they have gotten more? Maybe, but I don't recall even hearing any rumors that were better AFTER Kyrie demanded a trade. Kyrie killed the Cavs by not asking before FA and the draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Cavs will be making a move at some point- to get another pick or two- or get in on one of these trades- be a third party that helps facilitate.

but we shall see.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think destroyed? Told you wait and see how it plays out. If on July 2nd the Cs have no one and the cavs still have Nance, Sexton, Hood, Clarkson and Zizic (or guys they receive in trade for these guys) the Cavs were destroyed?

what, exactly, were the options? Cavs told Lebron commit and we'll keep Kyrie and Lebron said no. Stands to reason they then knew Lebron was gone and 2017-18 was their last year with him. They were supposed to keep Kyrie knowing not only would he be less valuable after the season, but also that he would need surgery at some point during the season?

Could they have gotten more? Maybe, but I don't recall even hearing any rumors that were better AFTER Kyrie demanded a trade. Kyrie killed the Cavs by not asking before FA and the draft.

I'm referring to the Celtics/Nets trade for KG and Pierce

Yes they got destroyed lol

If Boston doesn't get to the finals and Kyrie leaves we can talk about how that trade scored

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i took at as he was talking about the Boston/Brooklyn trade

but your comments about the Boston/Cleveland trade are spot on.

If Kyrie leaves via free agency out of Boston- and they odnt win the championship this year - the Cavs will have won the trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love Mayfield with a chip on his shoulder

the radio guys i listen to on the way into work have been saying it for a while- that they almost hope he doesnt win this awards so it gives him something to piss him off.

Mayfield is a bad dude.

Its no question that right now the Browns are #1 in Cleveland.

The Cavs have been to 5 NBA Finals in the last 12 years. The Indians have the most wins in the AL over the last 6 years

but make no mistake- its a Browns town- and Baker is the leader.

Gotta give John Dorsey so much credit for having the balls to take Baker #1 overall. IT would have been very easy to take Darnold- the prototypical QB, or Barkley- a transcendent talent.

Instead he took the small guy with a big attitude and you could not have found a better fit for Cleveland.
Well said, though there was ZERO chance Dorsey was taking a running back with a top 1 or 4 pick.

I even told my kid DURING the Cavs parade if the Browns just won the division the excitement would dwarf a Cavs' title.