• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see how every arena reacts to Dirk?

This is awesome.

You didn't hear Draymond telling Dirk "they don't love you like that" ala Paul Pierce lol. Dirk is a legend.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, please.

It annoys the Shit out of me when one of my girls asks me a question I just answered 5 minutes earlier.

Yes, He put himself in this position by saying I'm staying earlier in the Season.

He has to know that he's gonna get asked again with all the rumors flying around.

He could have put it all to bed by saying, yes, I'm still staying.

He didn't and that's telling.

But, I do get why he's annoyed.

And for anyone who heard all the issues with Kyrie in regards to wanting to be "the guy" even the slightest hint of him wanting to chase another star comes off bad.

Like I said this is his franchise if he wants it to be. In one or the greatest NBA cities armed with a great executive and young talent.

This is literally the situation he was pining for in Cleveland

And now we got "I'm going to do the best for my family"

How about your team Kyrie?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for anyone who heard all the issues with Kyrie in regards to wanting to be "the guy" even the slightest hint of him wanting to chase another star comes off bad.

Like I said this is his franchise if he wants it to be. In one or the greatest NBA cities armed with a great executive and young talent.

This is literally the situation he was pining for in Cleveland

And now we got "I'm going to do the best for my family"

How about your team Kyrie?
Yeah, he was being petulant.

But, I get his being annoyed.

Ps. You can't lead until you learn to follow.

Kyrie has always been resistant to that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see Durant leaving I think he really enjoys being in a winning situation. Klay if he wants to have his own situation and be the highest paid player I can see him doing that maybe going to Miami and being the man there running south beach. Boogie I see for sure leaving because he is on minimum wage salary and he wont be doing that next year.
I agree that KD will probably stay at least 1 more year.

Klay can't leave & be "the man" somewhere else because he doesn't have those skill sets. He is a catch & shoot guy. THAT IS IT (on offense). Don't you ever wonder why he can shoot so efficiently without hardly dribbling? And have you seen the results when he tries to dribble & create his own shot? It usually doesn't end well. So again, he needs to play in an offense like what GS has & he needs players like Steph & KD around him.

Boogie on the other hand is only on a 1 year deal, but that could change if either KD or Klay do actually leave. If that were to happen Meyers could offer Boogie what he's worth to stay.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Embiid showed us all what's up. Dude is legit.
Yea but when Boogie is back healthy he will be a beast down there. Embiid had the edge last night - but that won't last long. I am hoping that match up last night was motivation for Boogie.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Silver>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goodell

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay can't leave & be "the man" somewhere else because he doesn't have those skill sets. He is a catch & shoot guy. THAT IS IT (on offense). Don't you ever wonder why he can shoot so efficiently without hardly dribbling? And have you seen the results when he tries to dribble & create his own shot? It usually doesn't end well. So again, he needs to play in an offense like what GS has & he needs players like Steph & KD around him.

Boogie on the other hand is only on a 1 year deal, but that could change if either KD or Klay do actually leave. If that were to happen Meyers could offer Boogie what he's worth to stay.
Klay isn't very athletic.

But, I don't think he's just a shooter.

He mostly plays below the rim.

But, he can cut and finish at the rim.

You are correct.

He's not a #1.

But, he'd be a good #2 and a GREAT #3.

He's better than Beal, CJ McCollum and Middleton...imo.

Those guys are #2's.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....and people talked Shit about Kawhi.

Call me a skeptic, but if the Knicks were interested in trading KP, there'd also be no benefit of rushing him back to play either even if cleared. What if he comes back and doesn't look good? Kills his trade value.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I believe the Ws are not allowed to offer Boogie more than another MLE or something close to that. Prevents teams from bringing on max guys by saying they will pay them the MLE for a year if they have cap problems

The rest of this post is dead on. Klay can't be a #1 nor does he want to be. If he leaves it's Lakers only. And he ain't leaving.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly think too that the Warriors didn't show all their cards in terms of how they would guard Embiid in the future. Even when Looney was guarding Embiid, at no point did they ever send a second defender. They just let him try to guard him one on one, which even for a good defender like Looney, is an incredibly tough task. Like in this matchup you saw Draymond guarding Simmons, when I think in the future you'll see Klay on him.

There's lots of working parts, but I definitely agree we saw where Boogies at in terms of his conditioning. It'll only get better. But still like what I'm seeing from him so far.
All good points. The great thing about the Dubs is their ability to create switches on defense. So yes I would expect to see Klay on Simmons in the future when then would create a situation where Dray would come over for weakside help.

What I also noticed last night was Embiid struggled with Boogie on him. He got his points in the paint on Looney. When Boogie is playing regular minutes that will make a huge difference as well.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all this and you are right about klay the only thing is if Klay was a free agent I still see a team offering him the max and Klay saying to himself F it ill take the money and try being the man even if he isn't that great outside of just catching and shooting.

I agree with cousins assessment if anyone else leaves they will offer him that mans salary

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but when Boogie is back healthy he will be a beast down there. Embiid had the edge last night - but that won't last long. I am hoping that match up last night was motivation for Boogie.
Eh.....I think I'd take Healthy Embiid over Healthy Boogie.

Defense sets them apart.