• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Warriors world in trying to deal with the KD/Klay off-season debacle. Then you have to deal with Boogie potentially leaving too and Draymond being up for free agency the following year. Non-stop media pestering them with questions.

I really don't see Durant leaving I think he really enjoys being in a winning situation. Klay if he wants to have his own situation and be the highest paid player I can see him doing that maybe going to Miami and being the man there running south beach. Boogie I see for sure leaving because he is on minimum wage salary and he wont be doing that next year.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the jump the other day, they reported that the young guys are sick of Kyrie waiving his ring in their faces and thinking they have to fall in line with him because of it.
Any of the young guys quoted saying anything like that?

I mean... no offense, but it's silly season... there's blind speculation trying to masquerade as something more all over the place... tough to tell the noise (which is almost certainly more abundant) from the truth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Not just that though.

On the jump the other day, they reported that the young guys are sick of Kyrie waiving his ring in their faces and thinking they have to fall in line with him because of it.

There's a ton of smoke.

His comments today left the door wide open to leave.
thats what i get from it

Kyrie acts like he is this huge leader and "trying to show the young guys the way" - the young guys that made it to game 7 of the Conference Finals when most of them are like 22-23 years old.

Kyrie just seems like an asshole to play with if you ask me. HE was that way in Cleveland- but LeBron took the pressure off and drew off a lot of the media coverage.

From a pure basketball stand point- i dont know if i have ever watched a player more dynamic offensively than Kyrie- he is so fun to watch- even funner than LeBron at times. But the dude is just not wired correctly.

like DT said above- he would go WEEKS at practice without talking to any of his teammates in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet everyone was giving Draymond shit about him calling out KD about his free agency stuff. Draymond is the modern day Oakley/Zo, but no one likes to give him any credit for this. They just think he's a punk, lol.
did you reply to the right post?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
Bill Simmons Retweeted Jay King

Kyrie needs to stop talking about leadership - he’s terrible at it. He’s incredibly fun to watch, but if they traded him within the next 6 days... I’d honestly be fine with it. Go to New York in July and play for the worst NBA owner of the 21st century. Good luck.

You'd be fine with it? You're a Boston fan now?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one of the most popular radio guys in Cleveland:

Ken Carman‏Verified account @KenCarman
When I was 8, I tried to take my dad’s car on a joyride. I watched my dad drive, figured it was easy. I blasted the gas, dragging the rear tires leaving huge skids down the driveway. I left the e-brake on. Kyrie watched LeBron, he thought he could drive the car.

12:29 PM - 1 Feb 2019

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be just a line to see if anybody calls out about them in the next week or so......
I think Dubs might be interested in Wesley

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you reply to the right post?

Did a double take, but I think so.

Fran was talking about how there was no accountability, superstars control everything and there's no defense. Well Draymond is the antithesis to this. He's not really a superstar, but he holds his teammates accountable and will check anyone, regardless of your status on the team. He's gotten into with KD, Klay, Steph and last night we saw him go after Boogie too. Draymond's a dog on a defense and that's where he hangs his hat. He's got that Oakley/Zo mentality and I think people hate on him for it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks better pray they get the #1 pick.

It's not just Lakers or bust for Davis.

Are they still a landing spot with Zinger in Dallas though? Is #1 (if they get it), Knox and DSJ going to be enough to get AD? I don't believe DSJ can be re-traded in a package deal this year, so we would be talking about waiting until summer in this case at best. Are the Knicks even looking to shed all their youth?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the young guys quoted saying anything like that?

I mean... no offense, but it's silly season... there's blind speculation trying to masquerade as something more all over the place... tough to tell the noise (which is almost certainly more abundant) from the truth.
Again, saw it on the jump 2 days ago and it came from their reporters.

You can search for it on ESPN on demand.