• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

Frustrated and didn't handle it well. He's human.
emotionally unstable is human. Id say this if he were still a Cavalier, because he is. Not exaggerating in saying the guy would go weeks without speaking at practice according to reporters who covered the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its getting to the point where its a risky proposition relying on Kyrie Irving to be your leader and franchise player.
I definitely think if he's your best player winning a title would be tricky....unless you had at least 2-3 others of his level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emotionally unstable is human. Id say this if he were still a Cavalier, because he is. Not exaggerating in saying the guy would go weeks without speaking at practice according to reporters who covered the team.
hes an odd bird.

his talent is just ridiculous- but it seems to me he does not have the mental strength to handle the pressure of being a leader and a high level All Star and all that comes with that.

when you are the franchise player of the Boston Celtics and your contract is going to be up in a couple months- these are questions that everyone is going to have. This is not like they are picking on poor wittle Kyrie.

It seems that he wants to have the fame, the money, the adoration of the fans- but does not want to deal with the stuff that comes with that- that he has a hard time dealing with the stuff that comes with that.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its getting to the point where its a risky proposition relying on Kyrie Irving to be your leader and franchise player.
I'm not there yet.

In this latest episode... he didn't sound like he was waffling on Boston, it sounded like he was fed up with the media and pestering questions.

That said: everything else I said still applies... he should know better then to run off at the mouth like this.

The media is what it is. That's not gonna change. Kyrie gotta have a strategy not to go off rambling or let it get to him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving has shifted from his commitment of re-signing with Boston. "I don't owe anybody shit."

Tweet from Stefan Bondy

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him being out shouldn't matter on a team with curry, Durant, Cousins, and Green.
Did you listen to anything else Chuck & Kenny said about what happens when Klay is out?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not there yet.

In this latest episode... he didn't sound like he was waffling on Boston, it sounded like he was fed up with the media and pestering questions.

That said: everything else I said still applies... he should know better then to run off at the mouth like this.

The media is what it is. That's not gonna change. Kyrie gotta have a strategy not to go off rambling or let it get to him.

Welcome to the Warriors world in trying to deal with the KD/Klay off-season debacle. Then you have to deal with Boogie potentially leaving too and Draymond being up for free agency the following year. Non-stop media pestering them with questions.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the interview.

Lmfao

NOLA just got their leverage.

If the Crocs don't trade for Davis, he gone...lol

@Gman that Tequila rain looking mighty interesting...lol
You honestly took that exchange as Kyrie waffling on Boston, Mecca?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this happen?

It would be a total about face from his previous comments on the matter.
Dude, you gotta watch the interview.

He's irritated that he is being linked with the Davis trade request.

But, he made it very clear he will leave and he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Sam Amico replied
    Fran Fraschilla‏Verified account @franfraschilla 34m34 minutes ago
    Is in me or are NBA games becoming hard to watch? Superstars control most teams so no practices, no defense, no accountability to coaching & lot of fraternizing. Scoring is nice if you like the NBA All Star games & too many blowouts. Where’s Mourning & Oakley when you need them?

60 replies49 retweets246 likes

2. Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 31m31 minutes ago
    I’d say the plummeting ratings suggest many sports fans agree with you.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly took that exchange as Kyrie waffling on Boston, Mecca?
Yeah.

Not just that though.

On the jump the other day, they reported that the young guys are sick of Kyrie waiving his ring in their faces and thinking they have to fall in line with him because of it.

There's a ton of smoke.

His comments today left the door wide open to leave.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... he made it very clear he will leave...
That's not the impression I got...

... maybe I haven't seen the whole interview? He actually said that?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Sam Amico replied
    Fran Fraschilla‏Verified account @franfraschilla 34m34 minutes ago
    Is in me or are NBA games becoming hard to watch? Superstars control most teams so no practices, no defense, no accountability to coaching & lot of fraternizing. Scoring is nice if you like the NBA All Star games & too many blowouts. Where’s Mourning & Oakley when you need them?

60 replies49 retweets246 likes

2. Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 31m31 minutes ago
    I’d say the plummeting ratings suggest many sports fans agree with you.

And yet everyone was giving Draymond shit about him calling out KD about his free agency stuff. Draymond is the modern day Oakley/Zo, but no one likes to give him any credit for this. They just think he's a punk, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
Bill Simmons Retweeted Jay King

Kyrie needs to stop talking about leadership - he’s terrible at it. He’s incredibly fun to watch, but if they traded him within the next 6 days... I’d honestly be fine with it. Go to New York in July and play for the worst NBA owner of the 21st century. Good luck.