• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Vince though?

Shit Vince might play another 3 years.

But seriously, I love Vince, but he's not on the caliber of Dirk and Wade. Those guys all Elite, all time greats. Vince tops out as one of the greatest guards of his era. Big difference, IMO.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooooo. That's just like saying the western all star team will struggle a lil if AD is playing :doh:
Actually, it's nothing like that. You should watch the Dubs when they are healthy to try to understand why each of them is important to what they do. Klay & Steph spread the floor. It's the reason none of them can be double teamed. With Klay & Steph on the wings, KD or Dray bringing the ball up & Cousins in the paint it makes teams have to play man to man defense and NO ONE can cheat. But, if you remove 1 of them, then teams have a little room to help/cheat. That is what we saw last night.

Another example was at the end of the game Steph was double teamed & eventually had his 3 point shot blocked. With Klay out there they wouldn't have been able to afford to double him because Klay or KD would've been wide open.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

Wade:
12x All Star
2x All NBA First Team
3x All NBA Second Team
3x All NBA Third Team
3x All NBA Defense
NBA Finals MVP

Nowitzki:
13x All Star
NBA MVP
NBA Finals MVP
4x All NBA First Team
5x All NBA Second Team
3x All NBA Third Team

Carter:
8x All Star
1x All NBA Second Team
1x All NBA Third Team

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they still a landing spot with Zinger in Dallas though? Is #1 (if they get it), Knox and DSJ going to be enough to get AD? I don't believe DSJ can be re-traded in a package deal this year, so we would be talking about waiting until summer in this case at best. Are the Knicks even looking to shed all their youth?
I don't think NOLA will trade him before the Summer.

So, it depends on what other assets the Knicks can collect when they dump all their vets to playoff teams.

If the Knicks end up with a top 2 pick, who knows?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. Really no win for them. Maybe best to just say, "I hope to stay but I'll know more in the offseason."
Or just say some version of "no matter what I say I can't win so I'm going to give the same answer every day until you stop asking"

Maybe have cards printed up that you hand to the reporter asking. Not joking.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....if I'm a player looking to build and nourish a franchise maybe I'd sign an extension and end all the talk?

He literally has the situation he wanted. He's the alpha on Boston. So be the alpha Kyrie since it crushed your fragile emotional state to not be on Cleveland

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Philly was impressive to me last night, especially with their performance on defense. Curry had a spectacular shooting night, but was a turnover machine which hurt a lot as well. KD struggled scoring most of the night. I think what impressed me was that Philly defended the hoop really well and the Warriors weren't able to get really anything going to the basket.

That was a real test for the Warriors last night, and hopefully they'll be better for it.
Yep and it showed us exactly where Boogie is in terms of getting back to normal form. He still has work to do obviously, but I am excited to see what this team will look like when he finally gets there. IMO that center match up had a huge impact on the game, in addition to them not having Klay.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just say some version of "no matter what I say I can't win so I'm going to give the same answer every day until you stop asking"

Maybe have cards printed up that you hand to the reporter asking. Not joking.
or he can just act like an adult and a guy that is getting paid many many millions of dollars to talk to the media ofr 15 minutes every few nights a week.

If I was getting paid 25M a year the media could be on my doorstep and ask me about my hair ass as much as they want. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major difference between the NBA and NFL

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes an odd bird.

his talent is just ridiculous- but it seems to me he does not have the mental strength to handle the pressure of being a leader and a high level All Star and all that comes with that.

when you are the franchise player of the Boston Celtics and your contract is going to be up in a couple months- these are questions that everyone is going to have. This is not like they are picking on poor wittle Kyrie.

It seems that he wants to have the fame, the money, the adoration of the fans- but does not want to deal with the stuff that comes with that- that he has a hard time dealing with the stuff that comes with that.
This is just ridiculous to say. He's been asked this question literally since he went to Boston. He's human & it's normal to get tired of answering the same stupid questions over & over again.

Good gawd, the media are just like car salesmen. Don't know when to quit. SMH

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or he can just act like an adult and a guy that is getting paid many many millions of dollars to talk to the media ofr 15 minutes every few nights a week.

If I was getting paid 25M a year the media could be on my doorstep and ask me about my hair ass as much as they want. lol

Dude, please.

It annoys the Shit out of me when one of my girls asks me a question I just answered 5 minutes earlier.

Yes, He put himself in this position by saying I'm staying earlier in the Season.

He has to know that he's gonna get asked again with all the rumors flying around.

He could have put it all to bed by saying, yes, I'm still staying.

He didn't and that's telling.

But, I do get why he's annoyed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it showed us exactly where Boogie is in terms of getting back to normal form. He still has work to do obviously, but I am excited to see what this team will look like when he finally gets there. IMO that center match up had a huge impact on the game, in addition to them not having Klay.
Yeah Embiid showed us all what's up. Dude is legit.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly think too that the Warriors didn't show all their cards in terms of how they would guard Embiid in the future. Even when Looney was guarding Embiid, at no point did they ever send a second defender. They just let him try to guard him one on one, which even for a good defender like Looney, is an incredibly tough task. Like in this matchup you saw Draymond guarding Simmons, when I think in the future you'll see Klay on him.

There's lots of working parts, but I definitely agree we saw where Boogies at in terms of his conditioning. It'll only get better. But still like what I'm seeing from him so far.

Reactions: LAD