• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to point this out once but I'll try again. Randle makes about the same as Ingram and Hart. You don't think LA could move those 2 to open up room to have Lebron, Randle and another max player?

Tried to point this out, but you either keep missing it or are ignoring it.

Randle wanted out. He asked the Lakers to renounce him. End of the day, nothing else matters.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to point this out, but you either keep missing it or are ignoring it.

Randle wanted out. He asked the Lakers to renounce him. End of the day, nothing else matters.
Nothing else matters? Magic isn't allowed to try and change his mind?

That in the CBA?

Now why do you keep ignoring if they could have convinced him to stay in LA (should that be so tough) they could move Ingram and Hart to open up another max slot?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean what they THOUGHT the market was going to be----what some people THOUGHT the market was going to be, and in fact what it turned out- were 2 completely differnt things

Yes, it's what every GM thought the market would be and it turned out that Randle was willing to accept less. Apparently, he decided to gamble on himself to try and get bigger money when he opts out after this season. Good move by him, but not one that anyone else knew he was going to make until he did it.

And again, Randle wanted out. So there is no point in any further discussion as that is the only thing that ultimately matters.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice attempted goal post move.

You're statement was incorrect.
Goal post move? Not exactly. More like a deflection on the part of Laker fans. Here is a list of the FA last summer. How many of them were interested in going to the Lakers?

1. KD
2. PG
3. CP3
4. Clint Capela
5. Deandre Jordan

And for the record, it is the Lakers own fault that PG signed back with OKC so quickly.

Also, I didn't list Boogie because he was interested in playing with the Lakers but your team said no thank you lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's what every GM thought the market would be and it turned out that Randle was willing to accept less. Apparently, he decided to gamble on himself to try and get bigger money when he opts out after this season. Good move by him, but not one that anyone else knew he was going to make until he did it.

And again, Randle wanted out. So there is no point in any further discussion as that is the only thing that ultimately matters.
So you keep saying. Not even allowed to try and change his mind, or you just don't think Magic is capable of doing it?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing else matters? Magic isn't allowed to try and change his mind?

That in the CBA?

Now why do you keep ignoring if they could have convinced him to stay in LA (should that be so tough) they could move Ingram and Hart to open up another max slot?

For all anyone knows, he did. Randle knew that his role was going to be reduced and the Lakers weren't going to give him a big contract.

It's really that simple and you trying to make it more isn't going to work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

"what every gm thought hte market was going to be"

that is an insane statement to make. You have no clue what 95% of the GMs thought hte market was going to be- in fact- the evidence points to the exact opposite.

29 GMs had the chance to sign Randle to a deal more than 2 years 18M--- if they really thought he was a 4 year 60M dollar player woudlnt they have jumped at the chance to get him for say 3 years 36? or even 2 years 30?

the evidence points to the EXACT opposite of what you are saying.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. KD
2. PG
3. CP3
4. Clint Capela
5. Deandre Jordan

1) Resigned immediately after free agency started)
2) Signed with OKC before Lebron decided to go to LA
3) Same as KD
4) Restricted Free Agent. Was never going to leave Houston. They were going to match any offer.
5) Agreed on June 30th. Once again before Lebron decided to sign with the Lakers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all anyone knows, he did. Randle knew that his role was going to be reduced and the Lakers weren't going to give him a big contract.

It's really that simple and you trying to make it more isn't going to work.
So you are saying the great Magic Johnson could not sell Randle on staying in LA and playing with Lebron?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal post move? Not exactly. More like a deflection on the part of Laker fans. Here is a list of the FA last summer. How many of them were interested in going to the Lakers?

1. KD
2. PG
3. CP3
4. Clint Capela
5. Deandre Jordan

And for the record, it is the Lakers own fault that PG signed back with OKC so quickly.

Also, I didn't list Boogie because he was interested in playing with the Lakers but your team said no thank you lol

lol

As was pointed out...PG met with no other teams. He signed with OKC before Lebron signed with the Lakers

Yeah, let's waste a max deal on old CP3 and his next round of injuries. Capela and DJ are nice players, they aren't #2's on a title team and Boogie had literally the worst injury a basketball player can have.

List the teams that KD met with besides the Warriors.

So yeah, you made an incorrect statement and are trying to move the goalposts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

As was pointed out...PG met with no other teams. He signed with OKC before Lebron signed with the Lakers

Yeah, let's waste a max deal on old CP3 and his next round of injuries. Capela and DJ are nice players, they aren't #2's on a title team and Boogie had literally the worst injury a basketball player can have.

List the teams that KD met with besides the Warriors.

So yeah, you made an incorrect statement and are trying to move the goalposts.
i mean I guess i dont understand the "goalpost" part of your comment.

Its not like Durant and George did not know that the Lakers had cap room and would be interested in them. Its not like they signed in GSW and OKC, respectively, and the next week were like- DAMN- I didnt know the Lakers had cap room and would have been interested in us.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the great Magic Johnson could not sell Randle on staying in LA and playing with Lebron?

What part of he didn't want to be there because his role would be reduced isn't getting through to you?

You can think what you want. The facts are, the Lakers couldn't keep him and have 2 max spots and he didn't want to be there anyway.

Not sure why you are having so much difficulty grasping those facts. But discussing it any further is a waste of time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of he didn't want to be there because his role would be reduced isn't getting through to you?

You can think what you want. The facts are, the Lakers couldn't keep him and have 2 max spots and he didn't want to be there anyway.

Not sure why you are having so much difficulty grasping those facts. But discussing it any further is a waste of time.
i dunno

seems like there would be more opportunity for minutes in the front court on a team with guys like McGee, Chandler, Kuzma, Zubac then there would be on a team with Anthony Davis, Nikola Mirotic, Jahlil Okafor, Solomon Hill in the front court.....

i mean, he likely signed in NO knowing he would be a back up or at the very least #3 in a very good 3 headed front court to Davis and Mirotic and would likely have been a starter in LAL....right?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Resigned immediately after free agency started)
2) Signed with OKC before Lebron decided to go to LA
3) Same as KD
4) Restricted Free Agent. Was never going to leave Houston. They were going to match any offer.
5) Agreed on June 30th. Once again before Lebron decided to sign with the Lakers.

lol so now you're going to act like LBJ wouldn't have tried to recruit talent to play with him in LA before he signed there even though that's exactly what he's done in prior situations?

And for the record, your answers only furthers my point that players are NOT always drawn to the Lakers. lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so tf12, how ARE things on the Ol' NBA boards these days...? :heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PG - who is from LA - didn't want to meet with LA? weird.

PG was never dead set on going to LA. He always said LA was his preferred destination, but he would consider other destinations. He also said that LA, could mean the Clippers. He didn't meet with them either.

He said that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him and that he was blown away by the reception he got from the Thunder, their fans and Westbrook.

The Thunder treated him right and it convinced him to stay. It's probably a mistake, because he's probably not going to win any titles there.

But if he's happy with his decision. Good on him.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why LA though, AD? If you go to the blazers, that team will be light years ahead the Lakers quad ur trying to imagine right now.

Reactions: GNG