• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don’t think there is any question Thompson would like to be a Laker like his Dad. That would mean something to most.
Disagree.

He would want to be a Lakers like his Dad if the Warriors refuse to give him the max.

That's a little bit different.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. As I listed in the other thread there are maybe 3 or 4 teams I think would seriously consider trading the No. 1 pick for AD.

Knicks
Sixers
Mavericks
Heat(if they fall into the lottery)

Maybe the Suns would.

Bulls and Wizards are completely unpredictable.
Clippers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. As I listed in the other thread there are maybe 3 or 4 teams I think would seriously consider trading the No. 1 pick for AD.

Knicks
Sixers
Mavericks
Heat(if they fall into the lottery)

Maybe the Suns would.

Bulls and Wizards are completely unpredictable.
the Wiz suck...

Cedi just whooped some Wiz ass last night!!!!!

Cedi and Sexton have no business being #1 and #2 options at this point in their careers- but they have been thrusted into that role- and have had some rough times, but have also shown that they have some nice potential.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

Different story with him at a different spot in his contract.

His amazingness has netted all of one playoff series win

The guy is a beast....no doubt but I'm not trading Zion and his rookie deal as part of a package to rent AD.
If he didn't commit, agree.

If he's open to staying, in a heartbeat.

I have been on the Zion hype train longer than most.

His ceiling is not Anthony Davis.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,930.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

He would want to be a Lakers like his Dad if the Warriors refuse to give him the max.

That's a little bit different.

Oh I meant if everything were close to equal. He would be nuts to leave what he has but I don’t know that he will be the one to bust up that circle jerk anyway.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn't commit, agree.

If he's open to staying, in a heartbeat.

I have been on the Zion hype train longer than most.

His ceiling is not Anthony Davis.

Agreed on the ceiling comment

I guess I look at it like this

If I'm Anthony Davis am I committing to the Knicks, Suns, Cavs or Bulls long term off the bat?

You aren't going to get those assurances from him.

If I'm proven wrong I will be happy to admit so. I don't think he would commit for anyone but Lakers and possibly Celtics ahead of time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@shopson67 ?

They didn't try to get a sg because they already had one.

According to sources, the Pelicans view Ball as a player who would become the starting point guard. They don’t see Jrue Holiday as a point guard because he “doesn’t want to be a point guard,” one source said. The sources said the Pelicans would play Ball 35 minutes a night and make sure he “would fit” in with New Orleans so he could become a star.

– via Los Angeles Times

I remember not too long ago Wiggy calling me names for saying that Ball would start for the Pelicans.

LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although Lonzo Ball has no say in where he lands in a trade, his preference would be for the Lakers to find a third team such as Chicago or New York as a landing spot for the second-year point guard if he were part of a deal for New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Ball’s camp has concerns about how crowded the Pelicans’ backcourt is. The problem for Ball is that he’s a key part of what the Pelicans want in a deal for Davis.

According to sources, the Pelicans view Ball as a player who would become the starting point guard. They don’t see Jrue Holiday as a point guard because he “doesn’t want to be a point guard,” one source said.

The sources said the Pelicans would play Ball 35 minutes a night and make sure he “would fit” in with New Orleans so he could become a star."

Nobody wants Ball.- Wiggy

The Pelicans backcourt isn't crowded. Their depth chart at the 1-3 positions is probably the worst in the entire NBA. Seriously. I can't think of a single team with a worse collection of guards and wings.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans backcourt isn't crowded. Their depth chart at the 1-3 positions is probably the worst in the entire NBA. Seriously. I can't think of a single team with a worse collection of guards and wings.

I get it. Ball just said that because he doesn't want to go there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James isn't playing until Magic trades for AD or another player.

I'm convinced. He should have been back by now.
Was thinking the same thing.

“We don’t give a sh*t what nobody thinks or says. We’re going to do what’s best for him. The best-case scenario was three weeks, the worst-case was six weeks, and we’re right on schedule. He’ll improve his workload, and he’ll be day to day from there….

Obviously he cares (about their struggles). The man wants to play. He’s f*cking itching to play, but he can’t put himself in that situation. It’s just, you’ve really got to do the right thing and it has zero to do with his age, or the fact that he’s played 16 seasons – nothing to do with that. This is a tendon. It’s not a shoulder, or an ankle, or an elbow. The smart thing to do is to do the smart thing. You can’t allow media, or the fact that the team might be losing, to dictate what’s best for you, and we won’t. He’s progressing. He’s not ready yet.”

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing.

“We don’t give a sh*t what nobody thinks or says. We’re going to do what’s best for him. The best-case scenario was three weeks, the worst-case was six weeks, and we’re right on schedule. He’ll improve his workload, and he’ll be day to day from there….

Obviously he cares (about their struggles). The man wants to play. He’s f*cking itching to play, but he can’t put himself in that situation. It’s just, you’ve really got to do the right thing and it has zero to do with his age, or the fact that he’s played 16 seasons – nothing to do with that. This is a tendon. It’s not a shoulder, or an ankle, or an elbow. The smart thing to do is to do the smart thing. You can’t allow media, or the fact that the team might be losing, to dictate what’s best for you, and we won’t. He’s progressing. He’s not ready yet.”

Yeah.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Knicks, with their 6 point guards, made the list shows he just doesn't want to go to NOLA.