• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The only way they are dealing AD before the deadline is if they get an absolutely monster of a deal from someone. The only team I think that MIGHT be willing to do that is the Lakers. And a monster deal, at the very minimum, includes Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. Probably some picks as well.

It's possible that the Pels wouldn't even want those guys and would instead want a 3rd team involved in the trade that could give them more draft assets.

Normally I would say that there was little chance that the Lakers would make this move. BUT I think it is possible that they WOULD do this move because they have learned by now you can't count on getting free agents. Getting AD now would instantly change the Lakers into conference finalist team. Hell with a little luck regarding injuries they could even with the title.

Agree. I think the Lakers would absolutely do that deal in a heartbeat.

Getting it done before the deadline will depend on how motivated the teams are.

We know the Lakers are motivated to get it done. But the Pels have no reason to be unless they get an offer good enough that they don't feel like they need to wait until the off-season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way is giving up all those guys as well BUT if these rumors are true about them loving Lonzo maybe they don't want Ingram. Maybe they aren't very high on Ingram?

Could they get away with maybe giving up: Lonzo, Kuzma, Zubac and Stephenson--throw in two 1st rounders....probably not enough...but I think a 3rd team will possibly play a part.

No. They won't get away with that because the Pelicans don't need to trade AD right now.

Even if they don't think much of Ingram, he's still an asset that has value who is on a rookie deal.

If you are the Pels you have to figure that the Celtics are going to offer a deal easily better than Lonzo, Kuzma some chump change and some late 1sts. The Nuggets could as well. Whoever gets the No. 1 and No. 2 picks in the draft could offer some potentially interesting choices.

If you are the Pels, and more specifically Demps whose job is on the line, do you want that deal from the Lakers or Zion Williamson plus other stuff?

It only makes sense for the Pels if they get a deal they believe is better than any other deal they could possibly get.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, I didn't. I thought he'd be willing to stay with the Warriors for less than the max.
Really?

He and his dad clarified that point months ago.

It's been out there since October..

Thompson, who will become an unrestricted free agent next summer, has said many times he plans to stay with the Warriors. He even discussed signing a contract extension, which would have capped his compensation far below what he could get in free agency.

But Thompson is apparently no longer interested in offering Golden State that savings.

Zach Lowe of ESPN:

Thompson has no plans to take a discount, and the Warriors don’t expect him to, league sources say

Report: Klay Thompson doesn’t plan to give Warriors discount

Report: Klay Thompson will not give Warriors a discount

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I've heard him say tatum is safe, but would think he'd say this anytime asked...unless he traded him.

Not those exact words. You're right. He said he thinks he can be the next Paul Pierce. Just doesn't make any sense the want to break this time apart when they are just starting to get hot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's said in the past he would be willing to take a little less...but maybe that has changed.

Yeah, it could also be that he is willing to take less, but just wants the Warriors to show that they value him enough to offer him a max.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I still think to win a round they have to seed 4 or 5 - unless something crazy happens like Portland seeding top 3 or something lol

If they are healthy and playing well, I think they can beat just about anyone not named the Warriors. Clearly, they'd be the underdogs against some of the other teams, but they would have the best player on the floor against everyone, including the Warriors.

But they don't have enough other players to beat the Warriors. Then again, neither does anyone else.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Thompson, who will become an unrestricted free agent next summer, has said many times he plans to stay with the Warriors. He even discussed signing a contract extension, which would have capped his compensation far below what he could get in free agency.

But Thompson is apparently no longer interested in offering Golden State that savings.

Zach Lowe of ESPN:

Thompson has no plans to take a discount, and the Warriors don’t expect him to, league sources say

lol

Looks like I either missed that or forgot about it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it could also be that he is willing to take less, but just wants the Warriors to show that they value him enough to offer him a max.
Exactly. I think a good example of this would be if they had some reason why they would ask him to take a discount - such as, having money to sign another key piece. But to just ask him to take less just because could be perceived as a slap in the face.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They won't get away with that because the Pelicans don't need to trade AD right now.

Even if they don't think much of Ingram, he's still an asset that has value who is on a rookie deal.

If you are the Pels you have to figure that the Celtics are going to offer a deal easily better than Lonzo, Kuzma some chump change and some late 1sts. The Nuggets could as well. Whoever gets the No. 1 and No. 2 picks in the draft could offer some potentially interesting choices.

If you are the Pels, and more specifically Demps whose job is on the line, do you want that deal from the Lakers or Zion Williamson plus other stuff?

It only makes sense for the Pels if they get a deal they believe is better than any other deal they could possibly get.

I agree with the C's if they are willing. Won't be till offseason most likely.

It would have to be for No. 1 pick for Zion, after draft order is set. And what makes you think a team with the #1 pick would give it up for AD? 6 years younger than AD, doesn't make sense.

The Nuggets? Sure. If they are willing, haven't heard any interest. Murray and Porter would have to be the centerpieces, possibly Harris but we have not seen one minute from Porter.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are healthy and playing well, I think they can beat just about anyone not named the Warriors. Clearly, they'd be the underdogs against some of the other teams, but they would have the best player on the floor against everyone, including the Warriors.

But they don't have enough other players to beat the Warriors. Then again, neither does anyone else.
I don't think they could beat SA in a 7 games series. Reason being is SA plays within a system & they rarely waiver from that regardless of how the game is going.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think a good example of this would be if they had some reason why they would ask him to take a discount - such as, having money to sign another key piece. But to just ask him to take less just because could be perceived as a slap in the face.

Yeah, I could see them going to him and saying something along the lines of..."We're willing to pay you a max deal, but we will lose KD or Dray".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they could beat SA in a 7 games series. Reason being is SA plays within a system & they rarely waiver from that regardless of how the game is going.

Yeah, that would be tough. Plus, you know Pop fucking HATES the Lakers, so he'd have the Spurs extra motivated to beat them. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Looks like I either missed that or forgot about it.
It probably got buried in the ensuing, pay Dray or Klay, debate.

I think they max Durant and Klay if both players want to return.

They can then evaluate Draymond for a year without having to make a decision on who to let go.

I still say it will be Draymond.

But, Klay would be easy to trade and will bring back more.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Zach Lowe of ESPN:

That's it, hand over that GS fan card NOW!!!!! :heh:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, heard that NY is interested on the Jump yesterday.
The only way they'd be able to keep Davis is if the Knicks also signed Kyrie, Kawhi or Durant this Summer.

They only way that could even be a possibility is if the find a sucker to eat Tim Hardaway Jr's ridiculous contract for expiring deals.

Good luck...lol