• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can get both though. Young players that your organization relishes is always going to trump picks, they are unknown. There aren't many teams that can give you top 5 picks and can handle that contract or are even interested. N.O. will be looking for talented young players on rookie deals most likely combined with picks.

I realize you can get both. I'm saying there's only one player out there that would be worth it to NOLA. I don't think Philly trades Simmons nor Dallas trades Doncic. I would actually be open to trading Simmons but I'm not sure about the fit of Embiid and Davis.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but guys don't have to be friends to know that they are each really good and would like to play together.

Plus, there was a report that Lebron and AD went to dinner together when the Pels were in town a couple of weeks ago.
Oh I was talking about Klay not wanting to play with LBJ.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they would've talked in advance about AD's preference for LA as well?
I would be my paycheck that LBJ & AD AND Rich Paul had a conversation about this in advance. How could one think otherwise? Especially now that the league has fined AD $50k for tampering?? lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's headline regarding AD to the Lakers:

Pelicans targeting Lakers Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and Ivica Zubac

Read the article to find the ultimate source of this rumor and here is what you get:

"There is a belief in Lakers circles that the Pelicans are targeting Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and Ivica Zubac as part of a possible package..."

:what:

Such garbage shouldn't even be the basis for discussion... it's nothing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's headline regarding AD to the Lakers:

Pelicans targeting Lakers Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and Ivica Zubac

Read the article to find the ultimate source of this rumor and here is what you get:

"There is a belief in Lakers circles that the Pelicans are targeting Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and Ivica Zubac as part of a possible package..."

:what:

Such garbage shouldn't even be the basis for discussion... it's nothing.
Yea NOLA would be foolish to rush into that trade. But, even if they do, the Lakers still aren't beating the Dubs. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To fully rebuild you trade him but focus on picks and rookies not established guys. You don't just let him walk.
I agree you try not to just let him walk given notice this far in advance. However, in this case they have an option to get better return than just "picks" and "rookies". Why do people think Ball, Ingram & Kuzma are a better package than Tatum, Brown & a couple of first round picks?

If we look at each set of players & what they did last season clearly Boston has the better package. Neither team had a superstar helping them & Boston's player far out performed the Lakers players. Plus in the Boston package you'd be able to combine established players with a pick or two. THAT is how you rebuild.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree you try not to just let him walk given notice this far in advance. However, in this case they have an option to get better return than just "picks" and "rookies". Why do people think Ball, Ingram & Kuzma are a better package than Tatum, Brown & a couple of first round picks?

If we look at each set of players & what they did last season clearly Boston has the better package. Neither team had a superstar helping them & Boston's player far out performed the Lakers players. Plus in the Boston package you'd be able to combine established players with a pick or two. THAT is how you rebuild.
There's some debate about whether the Celtics are even offering Tatum

Although I do like Tatum's quote when asked about it: "heck I'd trade me for Anthony Davis too" LOL

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would the Celtics trade all that for one year of AD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the idea of keeping Kuz but Ingram's upside is a lot more than Kuzma's and Ingram has been averaging 19.3ppg, 6rpg, and 4apg in 17 games without James. He still could turn into a really good player. Not as inconsistent as many on here claim.
I see things differently. I think they have tried to make Ingram fit with LBJ which is why with LBJ Kuz has looked like the team's savior.

Kuz is the better fit with LBJ. He clearly can & more importantly HAS adjusted his game to play next to LBJ. Ingram has struggled with that which is why most can see it isn't a good fit. IMO they're offer should include Ingram & try to keep Kuz even though I don't think that will get it done.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some debate about whether the Celtics are even offering Tatum

Although I do like Tatum's quote when asked about it: "heck I'd trade me for Anthony Davis too" LOL
That debate is only happening among talking heads. IMO it's clear cut that Ainge would give up Tatum if it meant getting AD - even if they don't think he stays beyond 1 season. Imagine what that 1 season could look like with AD & Kyrie playing together. Boston is trying to win now so this is an ideal situation for them.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. The whole "no one wants to play with Lebron" narrative is basically people who don't like him and/or the Lakers. Other than KD talking about the "toxic environment" (which he clearly said came from the media and not Lebron) I haven't heard anyone say anything about not wanting to play with Lebron.

People point to PG, but he hasn't said anything about Lebron that I've seen or heard. He said his issue was that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him. When he signed with OKC, Lebron hadn't signed with the Lakers. In fact, many said that PG not signing with the Lakers meant that they weren't getting Lebron.

Some try to use Kawhi. But we actually don't know what Kawhi is going to do yet. Most, myself included, seem to think he's going to stay right where he is. But until he actually makes an announcement or signs a contract, we really don't know anything.

Plus, that Uncle that he listens to seems like he might be sharing the same brain as Lavar Ball, so who knows what he's going to do? lol
Well, this isn't entirely true. We heard Kyrie tell us that he requested a trade because he didn't want to play with LBJ anymore. When we look at KD's statement about playing w/ LBJ now we have two guys basically saying the same thing - albeit - for different reasons.

So, it is not a reach to conclude that SOME guys may not want to play with him despite his willingness to share the ball on the court. I will give you that LBJ is a team player on the court - but maybe not so much off the court. That could be what some guys have a problem with - whether it's initiated by him or not.

Regarding Kawhi, I just think he's cut from a different cloth. He doesn't appear to have interpersonal skills thus making it hard for him to interact normally with other people in general. That in its self is an entirely separate situation. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tearing it down and building over is better than getting pieces good enough to not be awful, but still not good enough to be relevant.
But in this situation they don't have to demolish the team & start from scratch. They have an opportunity to acquire a coupe of corner stone pieces. That is what they should do to establish a starting point in their rebuild.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pels trade AD for Ball, Kuz, Hart and Zubac without Ingram before the deadline, Demps should be fired immediately for gross incompetency.

I agree. I haven't looked real close at their roster, but unless they think he'd be a redundancy, I'd think they'd want him.

For that matter, even if they think he'd be a redundancy, they could take him to use in another trade.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo, who would left on the Lakers if they pull off the AD trade? Lebron, AD, Rondo, Jay z and Jack Nicholson, and maybe Josh hart..... now if they get AD this season and Kyrie in the offseason, magic will be a genius
Carmelo and other buyout candidates.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we look at KD's statement about playing w/ LBJ now we have two guys basically saying the same thing - albeit - for different reasons.

KD never said he didn't want to play with Lebron and he put the blame for the "toxicity" on the media, not Lebron.