• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I posted that I'm already sick of the whole AD thing is stuff like this. Every utterance by every player, agent, GM, player's mom, and groupie is scrutinized to infinity. I get it, this is part of the fun of the modern NBA. But after endless identical pixels about AD, Kawhi, LeBron, KD, Kyrie, PG and every other big name on the move, it starts to all sound the same.

We'll find out when it happens guys. Every thought you can possibly post about AD....has ALREADY BEEN POSTED

LOL
So then the only logical thing left for you to do is unplug from anything the has internet access & go underground until after 2/7.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD never said he didn't want to play with Lebron and he put the blame for the "toxicity" on the media, not Lebron.
I didn't say he said that specifically - but his comment was related to playing w/ LBJ. After reading that from him would you think he wants to force his way to LA to play with him? lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I haven't looked real close at their roster, but unless they think he'd be a redundancy, I'd think they'd want him.

For that matter, even if they think he'd be a redundancy, they could take him to use in another trade.

Exactly.

The only way they are dealing AD before the deadline is if they get an absolutely monster of a deal from someone. The only team I think that MIGHT be willing to do that is the Lakers. And a monster deal, at the very minimum, includes Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. Probably some picks as well.

It's possible that the Pels wouldn't even want those guys and would instead want a 3rd team involved in the trade that could give them more draft assets.

Normally I would say that there was little chance that the Lakers would make this move. BUT I think it is possible that they WOULD do this move because they have learned by now you can't count on getting free agents. Getting AD now would instantly change the Lakers into conference finalist team. Hell with a little luck regarding injuries they could even with the title.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude omitted a very important caveat....

If the Warriors don't give him the max.

Didn't we already know he would require the max?

Apparently, I didn't. I thought he'd be willing to stay with the Warriors for less than the max.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense guys but your take is Ainge took all this time rebuilding a franchise and stockpiling picks for one season of AD and Kyrie?

Sure they could re-sign them but this is a team that made the ECF last year without either of them.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then the only logical thing left for you to do is unplug from anything the has internet access & go underground until after 2/7.
I'm considering it LOL

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Celtics trade all that for one year of AD
Because they are in win now mode and that makes the deal worth the risk. Also, Boston has ready pieces to pair up with AD. This is not an ideal situation for every team but for Boston it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this isn't entirely true. We heard Kyrie tell us that he requested a trade because he didn't want to play with LBJ anymore. When we look at KD's statement about playing w/ LBJ now we have two guys basically saying the same thing - albeit - for different reasons.

So, it is not a reach to conclude that SOME guys may not want to play with him despite his willingness to share the ball on the court. I will give you that LBJ is a team player on the court - but maybe not so much off the court. That could be what some guys have a problem with - whether it's initiated by him or not.

Regarding Kawhi, I just think he's cut from a different cloth. He doesn't appear to have interpersonal skills thus making it hard for him to interact normally with other people in general. That in its self is an entirely separate situation. lol
I would say if you are a star, you might not want to play with Lebron as he'll get the credit and rarely any blame. He's also the ultimate do as I say not as I do guy.

Would add no one who calls himself a leader as much as Lebron is a real leader.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The only way they are dealing AD before the deadline is if they get an absolutely monster of a deal from someone. The only team I think that MIGHT be willing to do that is the Lakers. And a monster deal, at the very minimum, includes Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. Probably some picks as well.

It's possible that the Pels wouldn't even want those guys and would instead want a 3rd team involved in the trade that could give them more draft assets.

Normally I would say that there was little chance that the Lakers would make this move. BUT I think it is possible that they WOULD do this move because they have learned by now you can't count on getting free agents. Getting AD now would instantly change the Lakers into conference finalist team. Hell with a little luck regarding injuries they could even with the title.

I think the only way is giving up all those guys as well BUT if these rumors are true about them loving Lonzo maybe they don't want Ingram. Maybe they aren't very high on Ingram?

Could they get away with maybe giving up: Lonzo, Kuzma, Zubac and Stephenson--throw in two 1st rounders....probably not enough...but I think a 3rd team will possibly play a part.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People did think they would make the playoffs and win a round though

They still might. Before Lebron got hurt and they were the 4 seed, some of the talking heads were starting to say the Lakers would make it to the WCF.

Of course, for them to win a round, they are going to have to finish higher than the 8 seed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD never said he didn't want to play with Lebron and he put the blame for the "toxicity" on the media, not Lebron.
He also mentioned the fanboy media....meaning KD knows many in the the media think Lebron can do know wrong.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still might. Before Lebron got hurt and they were the 4 seed, some of the talking heads were starting to say the Lakers would make it to the WCF.

Of course, for them to win a round, they are going to have to finish higher than the 8 seed.
Agreed. I still think to win a round they have to seed 4 or 5 - unless something crazy happens like Portland seeding top 3 or something lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense guys but your take is Ainge took all this time rebuilding a franchise and stockpiling picks for one season of AD and Kyrie?

Sure they could re-sign them but this is a team that made the ECF last year without either of them.

Ainge has said before Tatum is safe. I believe him, why sacrifice one year of AD? makes zero sense, this gives the Lakers even more of an advantage in possible getting a deal together

I don't care what anyone says...

young, talented players on rookie contracts >>>>>>> draft picks

Considering Boston as of right now doesn't have any top 10 picks and Ainge has said Tatum is safe in the past. The Lakers have the advantage unless for some reason Boston wants to trade Kyrie, which imo I don't see happening.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge has said before Tatum is safe. I believe him, why sacrifice one year of AD? makes zero sense, this gives the Lakers even more of an advantage in possible getting a deal together

I don't care what anyone says...

young, talented players on rookie contracts >>>>>>> draft picks

Considering Boston as of right now doesn't have any top 10 picks and Ainge has said Tatum is safe in the past. The Lakers have the advantage unless for some reason Boston wants to trade Kyrie, which imo I don't see happening.
Can't say I've heard him say tatum is safe, but would think he'd say this anytime asked...unless he traded him.