• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in this situation they don't have to demolish the team & start from scratch. They have an opportunity to acquire a coupe of corner stone pieces. That is what they should do to establish a starting point in their rebuild.

Yes if they get Tatum.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the C's if they are willing. Won't be till offseason most likely.

It would have to be for No. 1 pick for Zion, after draft order is set. And what makes you think a team with the #1 pick would give it up for AD? 6 years younger than AD, doesn't make sense.

The Nuggets? Sure. If they are willing, haven't heard any interest. Murray and Porter would have to be the centerpieces, possibly Harris but we have not seen one minute from Porter.

Once the trade deadline passes, any possible trade for AD will occur after the draft.

The question isn't whether I think a team WILL draft Williamson for AD. The question is whether a team MIGHT make that trade. Williamson might be the next AD. He might be the next Tractor Trailor.

If we assume that Williamson goes No. 1 overall then let's look at at the teams that could get him.

Phoenix - While it is unlikely that they would make the trade, this is an organization that is clearly chomping at the bit to become relevant. Williamson means a couple more years of mediocrity with maybe a playoff drive by. AD and Ayton and Booker next year represent a pretty interesting team.

Knicks - If the Knicks feel that they have a real shot at KD, I think they make a deal in a heartbeat.

Cavs - Can't see them making that deal

Bulls - This team is insane so who knows but it seems unlikely

Hawks - No chance they make that deal

Orlando - No chance. They need backcourt players.

Memphis - No chance

Washington - Another dysfunctional front office. Unlikely but possible.

Minny - Can't see it happening.

Detroit - Same

Dallas - Wildcard team. I could see them go either way.

Philly(Sac pick) - I absolutely could see them making that deal

Lakers - Duh

So of the 13 teams currently in the lottery, I can see 3 or 4 teams that would make that deal.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way they'd be able to keep Davis is if the Knicks also signed Kyrie, Kawhi or Durant this Summer.

They only way that could even be a possibility is if the find a sucker to eat Tim Hardaway Jr's ridiculous contract for expiring deals.

Good luck...lol

The Knicks would likely need to throw Hardaway into the trade to make it kosher.

I don't believe the Knicks would trade Zinger and Knox and the #1.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the trade deadline passes, any possible trade for AD will occur after the draft.

The question isn't whether I think a team WILL draft Williamson for AD. The question is whether a team MIGHT make that trade. Williamson might be the next AD. He might be the next Tractor Trailor.

If we assume that Williamson goes No. 1 overall then let's look at at the teams that could get him.

Phoenix - While it is unlikely that they would make the trade, this is an organization that is clearly chomping at the bit to become relevant. Williamson means a couple more years of mediocrity with maybe a playoff drive by. AD and Ayton and Booker next year represent a pretty interesting team.

Knicks - If the Knicks feel that they have a real shot at KD, I think they make a deal in a heartbeat.

Cavs - Can't see them making that deal

Bulls - This team is insane so who knows but it seems unlikely

Hawks - No chance they make that deal

Orlando - No chance. They need backcourt players.

Memphis - No chance

Washington - Another dysfunctional front office. Unlikely but possible.

Minny - Can't see it happening.

Detroit - Same

Dallas - Wildcard team. I could see them go either way.

Philly(Sac pick) - I absolutely could see them making that deal

Lakers - Duh

So of the 13 teams currently in the lottery, I can see 3 or 4 teams that would make that deal.

Well this pick talk kinda just goes back to my mine point. I will take young, talented players on a rookie contract that you have seen what they are capable of >>>>> picks (including Williamson)

And that goes for great players in general, not even just cheap, young players.

Point is, N.O. has time so they don't need to be in a rush but if you have a deal you really really like now pull the trigger. If rumors are true and they love Ball and you get Kuzma and Ingram in a deal...why not trade now? The Pelicans might have a totally different perspective than we doing regarding these Laker players. They might think this is a money deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge has said before Tatum is safe. I believe him, why sacrifice one year of AD? makes zero sense, this gives the Lakers even more of an advantage in possible getting a deal together

I don't care what anyone says...

young, talented players on rookie contracts >>>>>>> draft picks

Considering Boston as of right now
The Knicks would likely need to throw Hardaway into the trade to make it kosher.

Probably not.

Most notably because they couldn't unless it was before the deadline.

Porzingis can't be dealt this Summer unless it's a sign and trade.

What are the odds he would want to stay in NOLA?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this pick talk kinda just goes back to my mine point. I will take young, talented players on a rookie contract that you have seen what they are capable of >>>>> picks (including Williamson)

And that goes for great players in general, not even just cheap, young players.

Point is, N.O. has time so they don't need to be in a rush but if you have a deal you really really like now pull the trigger. If rumors are true and they love Ball and you get Kuzma and Ingram in a deal...why not trade now? The Pelicans might have a totally different perspective than we doing regarding these Laker players. They might think this is a money deal.
You don't do it now because it limits the teams you can trade with.

You think that Lakers deal is gonna get pulled off the table in July?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,098.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't see them parting with Porzy.

It'd be Knox, Hardaway, and their 1st rounder.....and I don't see the Pelicans going for that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'd be Knox, Hardaway, and their 1st rounder.....and I don't see the Pelicans going for that.

If it is the No. 1 pick I could absolutely see them take that deal. I'm not sure anyone would top that deal. It would absolutely offer the highest ceiling in a trade for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If whomever they deem to be the #1 guy is elite to them why wouldn't they make this deal? They get an elite player on the 1st year of a rookie deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zion, Knox and Hardaway =

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

News flash....

Porzingis has been on the outs with the Knicks since the Carmelo days.

The other issue is the uncertainty over how enamored Porzingis is with staying in New York. That troubled at least one small-market GM. "You're going to have to give him the max," he said, "but if he isn't happy in New York, what are the chances he's going to be happy in Portlandor Indiana or San Antonio?"

Knicks GM Scott Perry, hired in July 2017, and his handpicked head coach, David Fizdale, are still paying the price for a relationship that went sour between Porzingis and the franchise under Phil Jackson.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is the No. 1 pick I could absolutely see them take that deal. I'm not sure anyone would top that deal. It would absolutely offer the highest ceiling in a trade for them.
If the Knicks get the #1, the question becomes if they want to make this trade from their end.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Knicks get the #1, the question becomes if they want to make this trade from their end.

Of course. As I listed in the other thread there are maybe 3 or 4 teams I think would seriously consider trading the No. 1 pick for AD.

Knicks
Sixers
Mavericks
Heat(if they fall into the lottery)

Maybe the Suns would.

Bulls and Wizards are completely unpredictable.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,830.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I don’t think there is any question Thompson would like to be a Laker like his Dad. That would mean something to most.