• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be. I think most of the teams (not Boston) will need to involve a 3rd team to get the picks they need to attract the Pelicans. Just don't know what Cleveland would seek from a team like the Lakers that would be enough to move off a future 1st, and also be a piece the Pels wouldn't want.
Hard to know, but the Cavs have some pieces teams would want for various reasons depending if they want talent (Love, TT or even Clarkson), an expiring deal with some talent (Burks), etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I posted that I'm already sick of the whole AD thing is stuff like this. Every utterance by every player, agent, GM, player's mom, and groupie is scrutinized to infinity. I get it, this is part of the fun of the modern NBA. But after endless identical pixels about AD, Kawhi, LeBron, KD, Kyrie, PG and every other big name on the move, it starts to all sound the same.

We'll find out when it happens guys. Every thought you can possibly post about AD....has ALREADY BEEN POSTED

LOL
all because of social media and they know the reaction they'll get when it comes to rumors about trades, FAs, the draft, etc in any sport. I would not be surprised if half this shit is made up. No accountability.

And fans eat it up.

My favorite was during draft season Browns fans would get worked up over rumors like the team already made the pick. Oh my....when Friend of Dorsey said they were taking Josh Allen #1?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to know, but the Cavs have some pieces teams would want for various reasons depending if they want talent (Love, TT or even Clarkson), an expiring deal with some talent (Burks), etc.

They have pieces that are flexible for picks, expiring contracts, etc. There have been many teams interested in Clarkson, Hood, even TT's big contract. Burks is also an option. They have a lot of pieces contenders want to add to their bench and the Cavs are 1. looking to deal anyone they can 2. can take back bad contracts

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have pieces that are flexible for picks, expiring contracts, etc. There have been many teams interested in Clarkson, Hood, even TT's big contract. Burks is also an option. They have a lot of pieces contenders want to add to their bench and the Cavs are 1. looking to deal anyone they can 2. can take back bad contracts
Considering what some have paid since I don't think TTs deal is as bad as many say. Double double guys who bring it whenever they are on the floor, and don't care if plays are run for them, don't grow on trees.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. The whole "no one wants to play with Lebron" narrative is basically people who don't like him and/or the Lakers. Other than KD talking about the "toxic environment" (which he clearly said came from the media and not Lebron) I haven't heard anyone say anything about not wanting to play with Lebron.

P

What about Kyrie?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spurts. On average, his stats were nearly identical to his regular season stats. Offensively, anyway (no real defensive stats to measure).

I guess to be fair he had a few games where he was off he was way off but when he was on...

But that kind of guy needs minutes that Boston can't give

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the option is trading him for what LA has. I'd let him walk. Should have been more clear. And I know LA doesn't have good picks.
But that's silly of course they can trade him somewhere for picks. Why do people have such a hard time saying "yeah my bad I shouldn't have said let him walk"?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's silly of course they can trade him somewhere for picks. Why do people have such a hard time saying "yeah my bad I shouldn't have said let him walk"?

I'm sure they could. In that case I would. If not, I'm letting him walk. Not taking on average players, especially in a small market where nobody will go as a FA.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for picks not average players, was more so my point. If you can't get good picks, I'd let him walk over taking that crap from LA.

I get your point but their value is they are on team friendly deals currently. They have to throw KCP in on any deal to make it work to you immediately get his cap relief off top

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they could. In that case I would. If not, I'm letting him walk. Not taking on average players, especially in a small market where nobody will go as a FA.

I'm sure they will get better offers. They have another year left.

Quitting this early in the process would be crazy.

I do agree on your point about the Lakers offer.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will get better offers. They have another year left.

Quitting this early in the process would be crazy.

I do agree on your point about the Lakers offer.

I'm not telling them to quit, I'm saying they shouldn't take 3/4 pieces that will keep them irrelevant, never good enough to do anything, never bad enough to get an elite pick.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not telling them to quit, I'm saying they shouldn't take 3/4 pieces that will keep them irrelevant, never good enough to do anything, never bad enough to get an elite pick.

How will young players combined with picks keep them irrelevant? I think we can all agree this season is probably a lost cause already. Why would you let him walk in FA when you can get assets that might not make you a great team right now but help you build for the future and what if those players do become very good players. It's kind of a no-brainer than taking nothing for a top 5 player.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will young players combined with picks keep them irrelevant? I think we can all agree this season is probably a lost cause already. Why would you let him walk in FA when you can get assets that might not make you a great team right now but help you build for the future and what if those players do become very good players. It's kind of a no-brainer than taking nothing for a top 5 player.

I'm saying I'd rather get picks, then players. Unless the Celtics offer up Tatum. I misspoke in my original post about this. But if they can't get a package of picks, and I'm talking good picks, I'd let him walk and start a 3-4 rebuild plan. I'd try and get rid of Jrue, Mitotic and Randle.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true believin', Philadelphia "process" guy. ;)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying I'd rather get picks, then players. Unless the Celtics offer up Tatum. I misspoke in my original post about this. But if they can't get a package of picks, and I'm talking good picks, I'd let him walk and start a 3-4 rebuild plan. I'd try and get rid of Jrue, Mitotic and Randle.

But you can get both though. Young players that your organization relishes is always going to trump picks, they are unknown. There aren't many teams that can give you top 5 picks and can handle that contract or are even interested. N.O. will be looking for talented young players on rookie deals most likely combined with picks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting Tatum would be the best possible option, talking young players. I doubt Dallas would be giving up Doncic or the Sixers would give up Simmons.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true believin', Philadelphia "process" guy. ;)

We just had our best 50 game start to the season since 2001. We'll see if it leads to a championship. My guess is probably not because our Management messed up taking Fultz and trading an asset for that. That's a huge swing and miss.