• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he won't finish top 3
Depending on what LeBron, Kawhi do the rest of the year, maybe not even top 5.

His numbers say he's worthy of consideration.

But, the field is so crowded that something extraordinary would need to occur to pass the guys that have been the favorites all Season long.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay would play with Lebron in a heartbeat imo. He is just happy now but it has nothing to do with him not wanting to play with Lebron, what if he wants a new journey in his hometown. He just got lucky, very few players get drafted by a team and then they also win a bunch of a titles. All this talk about players not wanting to play with Lebron is so overblown imo. Kyrie is only the player that supposedly did not want to play with Lebron and he we see how fucked up in the head he is. There have been rumors or suspicion other players didn't want to like KD, PG, or Kawhi...all rumors.

Yeah, I agree. The whole "no one wants to play with Lebron" narrative is basically people who don't like him and/or the Lakers. Other than KD talking about the "toxic environment" (which he clearly said came from the media and not Lebron) I haven't heard anyone say anything about not wanting to play with Lebron.

People point to PG, but he hasn't said anything about Lebron that I've seen or heard. He said his issue was that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him. When he signed with OKC, Lebron hadn't signed with the Lakers. In fact, many said that PG not signing with the Lakers meant that they weren't getting Lebron.

Some try to use Kawhi. But we actually don't know what Kawhi is going to do yet. Most, myself included, seem to think he's going to stay right where he is. But until he actually makes an announcement or signs a contract, we really don't know anything.

Plus, that Uncle that he listens to seems like he might be sharing the same brain as Lavar Ball, so who knows what he's going to do? lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although Lonzo Ball has no say in where he lands in a trade, his preference would be for the Lakers to find a third team such as Chicago or New York as a landing spot for the second-year point guard if he were part of a deal for New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Ball’s camp has concerns about how crowded the Pelicans’ backcourt is. The problem for Ball is that he’s a key part of what the Pelicans want in a deal for Davis.

According to sources, the Pelicans view Ball as a player who would become the starting point guard. They don’t see Jrue Holiday as a point guard because he “doesn’t want to be a point guard,” one source said.

The sources said the Pelicans would play Ball 35 minutes a night and make sure he “would fit” in with New Orleans so he could become a star."

Nobody wants Ball.- Wiggy

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard or read anything either, my guess is solely based on how they interact, or lack thereof, on the court. I've never really seen them be friendly on the court or during any type of events (All Star events, etc.) so yes it is just my speculation based on that. Could be a reach but I've thought about it compared to how other guys greet each other & hang out together off the court.

True, but guys don't have to be friends to know that they are each really good and would like to play together.

Plus, there was a report that Lebron and AD went to dinner together when the Pels were in town a couple of weeks ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although Lonzo Ball has no say in where he lands in a trade, his preference would be for the Lakers to find a third team such as Chicago or New York as a landing spot for the second-year point guard if he were part of a deal for New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Ball’s camp has concerns about how crowded the Pelicans’ backcourt is. The problem for Ball is that he’s a key part of what the Pelicans want in a deal for Davis.

According to sources, the Pelicans view Ball as a player who would become the starting point guard. They don’t see Jrue Holiday as a point guard because he “doesn’t want to be a point guard,” one source said.

The sources said the Pelicans would play Ball 35 minutes a night and make sure he “would fit” in with New Orleans so he could become a star."

Nobody wants Ball.- Wiggy

Good luck to the Pelicans. I doubt it matters to Laker fans, as long as they get AD. That is a good sign though. Maybe they won't want all 3 young guys and the Lakers can keep Ingram or Kuzma in the deal.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the Pelicans. I doubt it matters to Laker fans, as long as they get AD. That is a good sign though. Maybe they won't want all 3 young guys and the Lakers can keep Ingram or Kuzma in the deal.

With the way Ingram has been playing since James went out.....I'd prefer they kept him, if possible.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like a lot of interest for a guy who is a "net negative". lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, from what I've heard out here, the Pels would want Ball and Kuz (maybe Hart and/or Zubac as well), but not Ingram. I was actually a little surprised when I heard that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Holiday isn't interested in playing PG full time.....he's been better than I ever thought he'd be and he's averaging a pretty solid 8.1apg.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from what I've heard out here, the Pels would want Ball and Kuz (maybe Hart and/or Zubac as well), but not Ingram. I was actually a little surprised when I heard that.

I liked the idea of keeping Kuz but Ingram's upside is a lot more than Kuzma's and Ingram has been averaging 19.3ppg, 6rpg, and 4apg in 17 games without James. He still could turn into a really good player. Not as inconsistent as many on here claim.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Ingram has been playing since James went out.....I'd prefer they kept him, if possible.

I heard an interesting take on that. I forget who said it, but they said that Ingram doesn't really fit what the Lakers are trying to do, especially with Lebron and Lonzo on the team.

They said that the Lakers are looking to have a free flowing offense where the ball is constantly moving (ala the Warriors) and Ingram is more of an iso guy.

With Lebron and Lonzo out, the ball moves less and allows for more iso from Ingram.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels should just let AD walk in FA. Unless they can get Tatum from Boston. There's no reason to fill the roster with a bunch of average/slightly above average/roll players. Just to the tank and build through the draft.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels should just let AD walk in FA. Unless they can get Tatum from Boston. There's no reason to fill the roster with a bunch of average/slightly above average/roll players. Just to the tank and build through the draft.

That would be dumb.

You don't let a guy walk in FA when he gave you 17 months notice

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To fully rebuild you trade him but focus on picks and rookies not established guys. You don't just let him walk.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond stupid to let a top 5 player walk as a FA.

Exactly. If you are in a position where you are trading a player of that caliber, you do one of 2 things:

If you feel like you still have enough left to be competitive, you trade for established guys.

Or

If you don't feel like you can be competitive, you trade him for picks and young guys that you can try to develop and maybe a couple of expiring deals that you can use to preserve cap space.

But you don't just let him walk.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be dumb.

You don't let a guy walk in FA when he gave you 17 months notice

Tearing it down and building over is better than getting pieces good enough to not be awful, but still not good enough to be relevant.