• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto Porter Jr. is so overpaid.

He is a gigantically paid 3 and D guy that has a little wiggle to his game.

I watched him and Cedi Osman and really thought, over the next couple years, even if you dont take into account contracts i very well might take Osman.

Cedi is just a great kid, great work ethic and just needs to learn the game. There is way too much responsibility on his shoulders right now and some games it crushes him but some games he has really looked like he could be a solid NBA starter.

their counting stats are fairly similar- each about 13 pts, 5 rebounds, 2 assists per game---- one guy is in his 2nd nba season and makes 3M a year, one guy is in his 6th NBA season and makes 26M a year or something like that.

In November Cedi shot 37% from the field, in December he shot 42% and in January he shot 48%......its nice to see the improvement. Hes not gonna shoot 48% the rest of the year but its great to see this kid start to deal with the work load and scoring respoinsbility that has been thrust upon him.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say--- my excitement is being reserved for the Browns.

The Tribe should be very solid again, but the Browns are the ones that have Cleveland abuzz right now.

So much young talent, cap space, extra draft picks, a great GM, and of course BAKER.
Baker could be really good and with all the high draft picks they've had they're bound to be good. Fuck the NFL

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giles with 20 points(career high) and 7 rebounds, while Bagley had 17/12.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting out?

Yep. Thought he would have been back by tomorrow since he went through 2 practices

James isn't playing until Magic trades for AD or another player.

I'm convinced. He should have been back by now.

It's starting to piss me off. He should be back now. I keep seeing stuff with people saying "Well, they want to make sure he's 100% because if he comes back too soon and gets hurt again, the Lakers won't make the playoffs". UM, HELLO!?!?! They aren't making the playoffs as is! We are well past the margin of error the Lakers had. He needs to get back immediately. Like yesterday. And with their schedule, its not a sure thing they make the playoffs at all.

I'm sort of like DJ thinking that he's doing this on purpose; holding himself out to force Magic to either make a roster move or fire Luke.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the " Tatum is untouchable " crowd...

EVERYONE except Kyrie.

Adrian Wojnarowski: “Essentially, having Boston in the bidding, who is the team with the most draft picks, several outstanding young players and a really motivated team to try to acquire Anthony Davis it only elevates everyone else’s offers in the trade process and Boston is going to be there. And I think, Boston has sent a message to the Pelicans, ‘Be patient. Wait for us, we are going to be in this and we’re going to be willing to talk about essentially everyone on our roster outside of Kyrie Irving.’ So, I think right now it’s put New Orleans very much in a holding pattern and it’s really dampened the possibility of the [Los Angeles] Lakers being able to do what they’d love to do, is get a deal done prior to the trade deadline. New Orleans has no interest in acquiescing Anthony Davis to the Lakers right now.”

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EVERYONE except Kyrie.

Adrian Wojnarowski: “Essentially, having Boston in the bidding, who is the team with the most draft picks, several outstanding young players and a really motivated team to try to acquire Anthony Davis it only elevates everyone else’s offers in the trade process and Boston is going to be there. And I think, Boston has sent a message to the Pelicans, ‘Be patient. Wait for us, we are going to be in this and we’re going to be willing to talk about essentially everyone on our roster outside of Kyrie Irving.’ So, I think right now it’s put New Orleans very much in a holding pattern and it’s really dampened the possibility of the [Los Angeles] Lakers being able to do what they’d love to do, is get a deal done prior to the trade deadline. New Orleans has no interest in acquiescing Anthony Davis to the Lakers right now.”
lol... I think that crowd is me. ;)

In fairness, though... I never said "untouchable"... I said "not necessarily"...

Anywho... ^this^ is just a rehash of what sensible folks have said about New Orleans in the here and now... they should be in no rush to trade AD before the deadline, and it's highly unlikely any such trade is gonna happen before the summer.

In the meantime, I'm sure Ainge and the C's have no problem with their position of strength standing in the way of the ambitions of the Lakers.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pels removed AD from their intro video? Petty.

To me, that clearly means he's gone by the trade deadline. And it puts them in a desperate situation also. No way they bring him back after his injury now......

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that clearly means he's gone by the trade deadline. And it puts them in a desperate situation also. No way they bring him back after his injury now......
This video means little to nothing... he's clearly no longer part of the Pel's future, that's all.

Reactions: LAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will get better offers. They have another year left.

Quitting this early in the process would be crazy.

I do agree on your point about the Lakers offer.

If they drop the "I'll only sign an extension with the Lakers" bomb, those rental offers will be much lower. Tatum will be pulled back for example, unless Ainge is supremely confident that he can change AD's mind.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... the "I'll only sign an extension with the Lakers" bomb...
^ This has to be the one, big hope from the Lakers point-of-view... sure. Otherwise, things are looking grim.

If and when Davis drops such a bomb, it's a game changer... no doubt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they drop the "I'll only sign an extension with the Lakers" bomb, those rental offers will be much lower. Tatum will be pulled back for example, unless Ainge is supremely confident that he can change AD's mind.

I mean I don't think Boston would make the deal if that's what they're saying but that won't stop a team like Milwaukee for example from dealing for him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

I think NO is pissed he requested a trade and they are now going to trade him. They wouldn't have removed him from the intro video if he was going to be traded in the summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I think that crowd is me. ;)

In fairness, though... I never said "untouchable"... I said "not necessarily"...

Anywho... ^this^ is just a rehash of what sensible folks have said about New Orleans in the here and now... they should be in no rush to trade AD before the deadline, and it's highly unlikely any such trade is gonna happen before the summer.

In the meantime, I'm sure Ainge and the C's have no problem with their position of strength standing in the way of the ambitions of the Lakers.
Lmao...

No, Dude.

It wasn't just you....lol

Off the top of my head it was Shane and Shopson and a couple others too.

And, no.

You didn't say untouchable, I think that was Shane.

@flyerhawk and I said he had to be in the deal or the Pelicans will get fleeced.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EVERYONE except Kyrie.

LOL.

I said he'd be in it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...

No, Dude.

It wasn't just you....lol

Off the top of my head it was Shane and Shopson and a couple others too.

And, no.

You didn't say untouchable, I think that was Shane.

@flyerhawk and I said he had to be in the deal or the Pelicans will get fleeced.
I believe @Shanemansj13 said Doncic was untouchable... but not Simmons and Tatum.

I could be mistaken, though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, he hasn't done that.

Matter of fact, there are 3 teams that he's open to.

I haven't read that anyone has listed those teams.

But, I did see that the Celtics aren't one of them because of the threat of losing Kyrie.

That would all be cleared up by July 1 which is the first day they could trade for him anyway.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that has anything to do with the trade deadline. I do think they will sit him for much of the season and probably only play him later in the season so that other teams know he is healthy enough to play.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3