• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers pick is essentially the same as the Kings pick right now. Memphis pick looks to be 2020 or beyond. Clips pick also likely to be 2020 or beyond (when it becomes a 2nd rounder). About those picks again?

What exactly has Jaylen Brown shown this year to put him as a push with Ingram and Kuz? I won't worry about Lonzo going to the Pels unless they unload Jrue too, so he's a moot point right now.

What has he done?

Played a meaningful role on a ECF Team.

Play defense.

We are halfway into the Season.

You are speculating about where those picks will land just like the rest of us.

So, until proven otherwise, the Celtics have the better assets.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no....

The Pelicans have had Jrue off ball for a few Seasons now.

It's not out of necessity, it's by plan.

They signed Rondo last year and skid-row Rondo, Elfrid Payton, this year to run the point.

What were their options at SG otherwise? Last year they had Ian Clark, Charles Cooke, Jordan Crawford, DeAndre Liggins, and Etwaun Moore at SG. This year, Clark and Moore. They're making due with what they have available as a capped out team with limited options.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done?

Played a meaningful role on a ECF Team.

Play defense.

We are halfway into the Season.

You are speculating about where those picks will land just like the rest of us.

So, until proven otherwise, the Celtics have the better assets.

Since the Celtics can't deal now, those picks will be established and made before a deal can be done. Assuming they're better now doesn't benefit anyone.

I would be surprised if GMs consider Brown, Ingram and Kuzma on the same tier.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's the Pels they need draft picks to build a team. The Cavs are more likely to sign a bigtime FA than N.O.

Pretty sure you saw my other post with respects to the cap space, but it's not just to sign free agents. There are plenty of other benefits to having a wide open cap space.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD isn't willing to sign a long term deal in Boston no way Ainge trades Tatum.
Agree.

But, Danny will know the answer to that question long before July 1.

Boston has a unique backchannel: Irving. Irving and Davis maintain a close friendship: “Kyrie and Anthony Davis are boys,” former NBA forward and NBC Sports Boston analyst Brian Scalabrine told The Crossover NBA podcast. “I think they text like every day.” Irving would be a powerful recruiter next summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were their options at SG otherwise? Last year they had Ian Clark, Charles Cooke, Jordan Crawford, DeAndre Liggins, and Etwaun Moore at SG. This year, Clark and Moore. They're making due with what they have available as a capped out team with limited options.
Sign someone in free agency?

Trade for one?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

It matters because teams aren't likely to give up much in the way of assets for a 1 year rental.

Heard an interesting interview with Dan Woike(?) from the LA Times today. He said that he thinks the timing of this announcement was to give the Lakers a window where they would have the advantage in trade negotiations. There was really no other reason to announce that now.

He said that the Pelicans would be smart to wait until the off-season though, because they will likely get a better offer from Celtics yet.

He also said though, that Rich Paul is the shoe that hasn't dropped yet. That if he contacts GM's of any interested teams and basically says, there is no way AD is re-signing with you, that could depress the market enough to give the Lakers the edge.

Gonna be a very interesting 10 days and a very interesting off-season.
I agree with your points - and have already said as much. They are absolutely hoping that NOLA takes the bait & takes the lesser deal with the Lakers. But as I've said before, if I'm NOLA I purposely wait until the summer - even if it means I get less just to make sure he doesn't team up with LBJ in my same conference.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Celtics can't deal now, those picks will be established and made before a deal can be done. Assuming they're better now doesn't benefit anyone.

I would be surprised if GMs consider Brown, Ingram and Kuzma on the same tier.
Assuming they won't be is just as big a waste of time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

But, Danny will know the answer to that question long before July 1.

Boston has a unique backchannel: Irving. Irving and Davis maintain a close friendship: “Kyrie and Anthony Davis are boys,” former NBA forward and NBC Sports Boston analyst Brian Scalabrine told The Crossover NBA podcast. “I think they text like every day.” Irving would be a powerful recruiter next summer.

Didn't realize Kyrie & AD were such good friends. I sure hope The Unibrow doesn't think the Earth's flat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you saw my other post with respects to the cap space, but it's not just to sign free agents. There are plenty of other benefits to having a wide open cap space.

Yeah I agree. Makes them a lot more flexible to make moves, etc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Im just quoting what Victor Oladipo said Lad. I don't know what more you want me to say. These words came out of his mouth, I'm not making this shit up. But you somehow have to be combative with every poster on here.:dhd:

Oladipo credits Westbrook for his breakout season

INDIANAPOLIS – The story goes that getting away from Russell Westbrook has sparked Victor Oladipo's career season.

The former Thunder guard is starring in a lead role for the Indiana Pacers, controlling the ball the way he never could as Westbrook's backcourt mate in Oklahoma City. And before the Pacers and Thunder played Wednesday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Oladipo said Westbrook has played a big part in his breakout year.

But Oladipo didn't credit his time away from Westbrook. He focused on their time together, before the Thunder traded him to the Pacers as part of a trade for Paul George.

“Going there and seeing him do that, just seeing his year overall last year definitely helped me realize that I gotta put in a lot of work to get on that level,” Oladipo said. “So, he definitely helped influence my growth both on and off the court. He was an amazing resource, especially last year, to learn from him. And I apply it to everyday life today.”

Oladipo entered Wednesday's game averaging career highs in points (24.5) and rebounds (5.3). He was averaging four assists, just off his career best of 4.1.

“He's been doing great, being aggressive, exactly how he should be doing,” Westbrook said at the Thunder's shootaround on Wednesday. “He's playing aggressive, playing the way, obviously, I've seen him play many times, being around him working, in the summer as well. Happy for him.”

Oladipo looks like a different player, and not just figuratively. He transformed his body in the offseason and entered training camp leaner and stronger than a year ago.

Thunder coach Billy Donovan saw Oladipo during his offseason workouts and expected big things.
So first off, I never said YOU were lying. Clearly you missed my point - it happens. I happen to have a point of view that differs from yours and so what we're doing here is called a debate. Good gracious you're so freaking sensitive.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming no such thing. I believe Ainge will do everything possible not to include Tatum.
You believe.

You don't know.

So, you are speculating..

Or praying.

Looks like he's willing to go all in to secure Kyrie.

GM Danny Ainge is undeterred on making a trade for Davis, even without an assurance that he would agree to an extension with the Celtics, league sources said. Boston has been calling New Orleans for the past year-plus on Davis, and has gathered multiple first-round picks and young players to include in a package for him. Davis has a strong relationship with Irving, and Boston knows that trading for Davis would assuredly perish any possibility of Irving changing his mind and leaving the Celtics in free agency this summer.

Sources: Pelicans, barring huge offer, in no rush

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers pick is essentially the same as the Kings pick right now. Memphis pick looks to be 2020 or beyond. Clips pick also likely to be 2020 or beyond (when it becomes a 2nd rounder). About those picks again?

What exactly has Jaylen Brown shown this year to put him as a push with Ingram and Kuz? I won't worry about Lonzo going to the Pels unless they unload Jrue too, so he's a moot point right now.

Brown is basically doing the same thing as last season but he's getting about 5 fewer mpg than last season with Irving and GH back.

Jaylen Brown Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Lavar back to thinking he has a say in what the Lakers do.
Ball's camp announcing where Lonzo would like to play just pretty much threw a monkey wrench in the Lakers plans to get AD lol.