• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Lavar back to thinking he has a say in what the Lakers do.
I really like Lonzo and think he'll be a good pro in the right situation but because of his dad....I wish they could trade him to Russia or Siberia.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what is especially hilarious about that?

The Pelicans point guard is Elfrid freaking Payton. Tim Frazier has started like 20 games at point.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yea the beauty is we can make our mouths say anything. But, actions always speak louder than words. I'm sure none of them want to ruffle RW's feathers as they've seen him go after KD lol. But, we can't dispute the results after Vic left OKC.

I mean Im just quoting what Victor Oladipo said Lad. I don't know what more you want me to say. These words came out of his mouth, I'm not making this shit up. But you somehow have to be combative with every poster on here.:dhd:

Oladipo credits Westbrook for his breakout season

INDIANAPOLIS – The story goes that getting away from Russell Westbrook has sparked Victor Oladipo's career season.

The former Thunder guard is starring in a lead role for the Indiana Pacers, controlling the ball the way he never could as Westbrook's backcourt mate in Oklahoma City. And before the Pacers and Thunder played Wednesday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Oladipo said Westbrook has played a big part in his breakout year.

But Oladipo didn't credit his time away from Westbrook. He focused on their time together, before the Thunder traded him to the Pacers as part of a trade for Paul George.

“Going there and seeing him do that, just seeing his year overall last year definitely helped me realize that I gotta put in a lot of work to get on that level,” Oladipo said. “So, he definitely helped influence my growth both on and off the court. He was an amazing resource, especially last year, to learn from him. And I apply it to everyday life today.”

Oladipo entered Wednesday's game averaging career highs in points (24.5) and rebounds (5.3). He was averaging four assists, just off his career best of 4.1.

“He's been doing great, being aggressive, exactly how he should be doing,” Westbrook said at the Thunder's shootaround on Wednesday. “He's playing aggressive, playing the way, obviously, I've seen him play many times, being around him working, in the summer as well. Happy for him.”

Oladipo looks like a different player, and not just figuratively. He transformed his body in the offseason and entered training camp leaner and stronger than a year ago.

Thunder coach Billy Donovan saw Oladipo during his offseason workouts and expected big things.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, say all those things happen and none of those picks convey.

Celtics youth ---------------> Lakers youth.

If they wait til Summer, Celtics have the ability to offer more.

I don't agree. The Celtics have the best piece of the bunch, but man for man I believe the Lakers have the best package overall.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is especially hilarious about that?

The Pelicans point guard is Elfrid freaking Payton. Tim Frazier has started like 20 games at point.

Only because they don't have a SG and are playing Jrue there.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. The Celtics have the best piece of the bunch, but man for man I believe the Lakers have the best package overall.

Bro, I love the Lakers as much as you do but Boston can offer like 2-3 good 1st rounders plus Tatum and Brown.

The Lakers would have to flip Ball to get a 1st rounder in the 5-8 range to add to Kuzma, Ingram, maybe Zubac too and their own 1st rounder to even have the Pels listen and not hang up on them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be funny if they trade all their young assets for AD bc all this time we have hearing that their future looks bright and these young players have so much potential. And I would agree if you are talking about Kuzma. The fact is none of these players are special as of right now and aren't really progressing much except Kuzma. Trade everything for AD. Right now. Give the Pelicans whatever they want. AD is only 25.

They would have $65M tied up in Lebron and AD next year and enough to spend on another star and pieces around those guys.
IMO what I think we happen when you look back at this trade in 3-4 years, the only player they will be sorry they got rid of is Kuzma and AD is superstar right now. Kinda like the Love deal for Cleveland except AD is hands down MUCH MUCH better than Love.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I love the Lakers as much as you do but Boston can offer like 2-3 good 1st rounders plus Tatum and Brown.

The Lakers would have to flip Ball to get a 1st rounder in the 5-8 range to add to Kuzma, Ingram, maybe Zubac too and their own 1st rounder to even have the Pels listen and not hang up on them.

The Pels dont have to be in much hurry but maybe they don't like this draft that much. If they think one of those 4-5 young players will be better than this draft class they pull a trade now. They have no reason to pull the trigger now though. I think only one of those Boston 1st rounders is even top 10 right now and it's close.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be funny if they trade all their young assets for AD bc all this time we have hearing that their future looks bright and these young players have so much potential.

And trading them doesn't change that at all.

They'd be adding a top 5 player in the NBA with James. You always go with a proven star over potential.....and that's not disrespecting the kids at all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And trading them doesn't change that at all.

They'd be adding a top 5 player in the NBA with James. You always go with a proven star over potential.....and that's not disrespecting the kids at all.

It's a business but the fact is these young guys weren't what we thought. I would actually say Kuzma is the opposite, a steal. AD is young superstar, of course you give away everyone not named Lebron

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a business but the fact is these young guys weren't what we thought. I would actually say Kuzma is the opposite, a steal. AD is young superstar, of course you give away everyone not named Lebron

To be fair, we don't know what these kids will become and there has been a lot that's happened that may have stunted their growth a bit.

Lonzo and Ingram have both missed a fair amount of time due to injuries and they have been surrounded by guys on 1 year deals.

Then, this year, they get Lebron, which was great for the team as a whole and obviously makes the team better. But it's also another adjustment that effects their development in the short term.

Sometimes, going to another team where they can showcase their skills more freely and with less pressure is all a young player needs. I mean, remember when folks thought the Pacers didn't do as well as they could have when they traded PG for Dipo aWestbrook and Sabonis. Then Dipo showed what he could do without Westbrook holding him back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, we don't know what these kids will become and there has been a lot that's happened that may have stunted their growth a bit.

Lonzo and Ingram have both missed a fair amount of time due to injuries and they have been surrounded by guys on 1 year deals.

Then, this year, they get Lebron, which was great for the team as a whole and obviously makes the team better. But it's also another adjustment that effects their development in the short term.

Sometimes, going to another team where they can showcase their skills more freely and with less pressure is all a young player needs. I mean, remember when folks thought the Pacers didn't do as well as they could have when they traded PG for Dipo aWestbrook and Sabonis. Then Dipo showed what he could do without Westbrook holding him back.

If they were to get AD you think Klay considers LA if he doesn't get max in GS? I highly doubt he goes anywhere other than GS, but things change. I honestly think if you put some shooters and good role players around AD, Lebron and maybe a very good player that will be enough.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Im just quoting what Victor Oladipo said Lad. I don't know what more you want me to say. These words came out of his mouth, I'm not making this shit up. But you somehow have to be combative with every poster on here.:dhd:

Oladipo credits Westbrook for his breakout season

INDIANAPOLIS – The story goes that getting away from Russell Westbrook has sparked Victor Oladipo's career season.

The former Thunder guard is starring in a lead role for the Indiana Pacers, controlling the ball the way he never could as Westbrook's backcourt mate in Oklahoma City. And before the Pacers and Thunder played Wednesday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Oladipo said Westbrook has played a big part in his breakout year.

But Oladipo didn't credit his time away from Westbrook. He focused on their time together, before the Thunder traded him to the Pacers as part of a trade for Paul George.

“Going there and seeing him do that, just seeing his year overall last year definitely helped me realize that I gotta put in a lot of work to get on that level,” Oladipo said. “So, he definitely helped influence my growth both on and off the court. He was an amazing resource, especially last year, to learn from him. And I apply it to everyday life today.”

Oladipo entered Wednesday's game averaging career highs in points (24.5) and rebounds (5.3). He was averaging four assists, just off his career best of 4.1.

“He's been doing great, being aggressive, exactly how he should be doing,” Westbrook said at the Thunder's shootaround on Wednesday. “He's playing aggressive, playing the way, obviously, I've seen him play many times, being around him working, in the summer as well. Happy for him.”

Oladipo looks like a different player, and not just figuratively. He transformed his body in the offseason and entered training camp leaner and stronger than a year ago.

Thunder coach Billy Donovan saw Oladipo during his offseason workouts and expected big things.

Not sure what you think this proves. Of course Dipo gives Westbrook credit. I'm sure he did learn a lot from Westbrook.

That doesn't change the fact that Dipo is playing much better now than he was in OKC.

In OKC, it was all about Westbrook which meant fewer opportunities for Dipo. In Indy, he gets a lot more opportunity to show what he can do.

So even though he may have learned a lot from him, Westbrook was ultimately stunting his growth. It wasn't intentional on Westbrooks part. It's just how the Thunder were built.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract is looking like a fucking disaster due to that injury last year.

Made 29 mil last year and going to make another 31 this year.

Make 32 mil next year and 34 mil in the final year.

If he doesn't look close to the Hayward prior to that injury by next year, I have no idea what they can do with him
Yeah....The Great Danny Ainge screwed the pooch on this one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were to get AD you think Klay considers LA if he doesn't get max in GS? I highly doubt he goes anywhere other than GS, but things change. I honestly think if you put some shooters and good role players around AD, Lebron and maybe a very good player that will be enough.

Maybe. I don't know if Klay will demand a max deal. If he does, I'll be surprised if the Warriors don't give it to him.

Plus, if he were truly interested in going to the Lakers, I think we'd have heard something by now. At least an unsubstantiated rumor from a "source".

I mean, I'm sure he knows that, with or without AD, he would be about as perfect a teammate for Lebron as you could find and that with him on the team, a lot of the "guys don't want to play with Lebron" stuff would probably go away. So they wouldn't have much trouble finding guys who will want to join that duo.

From everything I've seen and heard, Klay is very happy where he's at. Even his Dad has come out and said as much. I think the Lakers probably have a better shot at KD than Klay. I only put the Lakers chances of getting KD at about 10% and that's assuming Magic is parked in his driveway an hour before FA starts like he was with Lebron. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....The Great Danny Ainge screwed the pooch on this one.

As a Lakers fan, I love any opportunity to talk shit about the Celtics, especially Ainge.

But to be fair, at the time, it was a very good move. There was no way to know that Hayward's leg was going to snap like it was made out of balsa wood 30 seconds into his first game as a Celtic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he didn't know Hayward would get injured or that they would acquire Kyrie 2 months later
Definitely fair, but even before the deal was made I thought they'd regret it. Could have waited and gotten a far better player for the max......even had he not been hurt I would think.