• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I love the Lakers as much as you do but Boston can offer like 2-3 good 1st rounders plus Tatum and Brown.

The Lakers would have to flip Ball to get a 1st rounder in the 5-8 range to add to Kuzma, Ingram, maybe Zubac too and their own 1st rounder to even have the Pels listen and not hang up on them.

Celtics don't have a 1st rounder in the 5-8 range yet. That pick is 9 at best this year, otherwise it's deferred to the next draft (and Memphis is currently 6th and falling). Same with the Clippers pick; that is on the verge of being a lottery pick (and is lottery protected). That one is worse, as if it is deferred again next year, it becomes an unprotected 2nd. The only solid picks are the Kings (currently 13th) and the Celtics own pick (currently 24th) for this summer's draft.

You're not getting a 5-8 range 1st rounder for Ball right now regardless. We're also assuming that the Celtics will offer all these players; you know Ainge will get stingy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics don't have a 1st rounder in the 5-8 range yet. That pick is 9 at best this year, otherwise it's deferred to the next draft (and Memphis is currently 6th and falling). Same with the Clippers pick; that is on the verge of being a lottery pick (and is lottery protected). That one is worse, as if it is deferred again next year, it becomes an unprotected 2nd. The only solid picks are the Kings (currently 13th) and the Celtics own pick (currently 24th) for this summer's draft.

You're not getting a 5-8 range 1st rounder for Ball right now regardless. We're also assuming that the Celtics will offer all these players; you know Ainge will get stingy.

Yeah Boston might have the players to include with picks but honestly he said Tatum was untouchable. Hayward's trade value has lowered significantly. He can't trade Kyrie in the offseason, he will be a FA. All those picks won't even be top 10 most likely or borderline. Then like you said Ainge is stingy. The Pels trading AD now might actually be the best thing for them. They will get the Lakers best offer right now, they could basically get whatever they want from the Lakers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The picks would just be the icing on the cake of a deal that would include Tatum and Brown most likely. And for a rebuilding team the picks would be valuable to add depth to their roster.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. The Celtics have the best piece of the bunch, but man for man I believe the Lakers have the best package overall.
Yeah, no they don't.

We agree that Tatum is the best of the bunch.

But, Brown, Kuz and Ingram are a push.

Lonzo is currently behind all these guys.

If I'm the Pelicans, I'd take Smart or over Lonzo too.

And your picks all stink.

Quality > Quantity

Reactions: LAD

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Boston might have the players to include with picks but honestly he said Tatum was untouchable. Hayward's trade value has lowered significantly. He can't trade Kyrie in the offseason, he will be a FA. All those picks won't even be top 10 most likely or borderline. Then like you said Ainge is stingy. The Pels trading AD now might actually be the best thing for them. They will get the Lakers best offer right now, they could basically get whatever they want from the Lakers.

I don't think Tatum is untouchable when you're talking about a player like AD.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Zubac, Ball, Kuzma and a first rounder along with KCP is a more than fair deal.

Zubac is putting up solid numbers when he gets starters minutes. You could potentially score three starters out of this deal and all of them are 23 or younger.

If they could find a trade partner for Holiday they could start a rebuild on the fly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no they don't.

Quality > Quantity

The only real benefit the Lakers have over the Celtics is their ability to provide some cap relief to the Pelicans too. If the Pelicans in the course of the trade can get Kuzma, Lonzo, Zubac and a future 1st, get the expirings of KCP and Rondo, while getting rid of Solomon Hills contract that opens the Pelican's cap space up.

Pelicans can go full fire sale mode and trade Randle and Mirotic for future firsts and they'll be on their way to a rebuild even with Holiday still on the roster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because they don't have a SG and are playing Jrue there.
Um, no....

The Pelicans have had Jrue off ball for a few Seasons now.

It's not out of necessity, it's by plan.

They signed Rondo last year and skid-row Rondo, Elfrid Payton, this year to run the point.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real benefit the Lakers have over the Celtics is their ability to provide some cap relief to the Pelicans too. If the Pelicans in the course of the trade can get Kuzma, Lonzo, Zubac and a future 1st, get the expirings of KCP and Rondo, while getting rid of Solomon Hills contract that opens the Pelican's cap space up.

Pelicans can go full fire sale mode and trade Randle and Mirotic for future firsts and they'll be on their way to a rebuild even with Holiday still on the roster.
To sign who?

Capspace is irrelevant when nobody wants to sign with you.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skid-row Rondo, Elfrid Payton

tenor.gif

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lakers fan, I love any opportunity to talk shit about the Celtics, especially Ainge.

But to be fair, at the time, it was a very good move. There was no way to know that Hayward's leg was going to snap like it was made out of balsa wood 30 seconds into his first game as a Celtic.

That. And this is his first season back.....it was a bad injury.....

I don't think Boston should panic until next season....if he's still not playing like he did before the injury.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sign who?

Capspace is irrelevant when nobody wants to sign with you.

Well you have to start somewhere. Part of the Pelicans problem in the past with respects to AD are twofold:

1) Mismanagement of their cap space and inability to sign free agents.
2) Trading away all draft picks.

They'd essentially be doing a 180 in this respect and trying to foundation-ally build the "correct" way.

But the biggest thing is that the cap space will allow the Pelicans to absorb contracts for more picks as well. Their rebuild is going to be at least a 2-3 year turn around. Having max cap space also allows them to drive up market prices on other free agents and impact the market that way too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks would just be the icing on the cake of a deal that would include Tatum and Brown most likely. And for a rebuilding team the picks would be valuable to add depth to their roster.

Who do you feel is a difference-maker in this draft beyond the top few picks? Does anyone have a feel for this draft beyond Duke and Ja yet? I certainly don't...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are assuming he won't offer them.

What's the difference?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That. And this is his first season back.....it was a bad injury.....

I don't think Boston should panic until next season....if he's still not playing like he did before the injury.
I do like the guy and hope he recovers, but the guy is not close to the overall talent of a Kevin Love, and that deal is constantly scrutinized (current and the extension).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no they don't.

Quality > Quantity

Lakers pick is essentially the same as the Kings pick right now. Memphis pick looks to be 2020 or beyond. Clips pick also likely to be 2020 or beyond (when it becomes a 2nd rounder). About those picks again?

What exactly has Jaylen Brown shown this year to put him as a push with Ingram and Kuz? I won't worry about Lonzo going to the Pels unless they unload Jrue too, so he's a moot point right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Tatum is untouchable when you're talking about a player like AD.

Well of course I agree but does Ainge agree. And it wouldn't be just Tatum he would have to give up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it's the Pels they need draft picks to build a team. The Cavs are more likely to sign a bigtime FA than N.O.