• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. What i will say is I'll be looking forward to this playoffs more than the last 3.

For the first time probably since 2015, we don't know who the finals will be thanks to Lebron going to the west.

East playoffs should be interesting....not sure if it means great series but will be unpredictable
Well, thanks to LBJ coming out West we know who ISN'T going to the Finals.
And in my opinion, the only thing that changed in the East is the Cavs not guaranteed a Finals spot. But, there are still only two -three teams likely to have a chance at winning the East. On the other hand, what's changed in the West?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually not.

A healthy James on the Lakers elevates the Lakers over the Clippers IMO, even with their difference in schedules. And I think most knowledgeable NBA fans would admit t......funny thing having the best player on the planet.....
Hmmm....that wasn't the case earlier this season. My point is the Clips showed their potential but this is a long season & most teams tend to fizzle out towards the 2nd half.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts debate trade value of Lakers’ young players as NBA deadline approaches

Because of recent subpar play, big trades with Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma or Lonzo Ball as centerpieces might not materialize as the team heads toward the Feb. 7 noon trade deadline.

“The aggregate value of their assets was much higher six months ago than it is today,” one Western Conference executive told the Los Angeles Times on the condition of anonymity. “And, for all of them, with the exception of Kyle Kuzma, that value is worse.”

The big knocks on Ball, predictably, are his inability to stay healthy and his offensive game outside of passing.

One executive said Ball didn’t have the necessary personality to “run a team,” and that his passing ability gets negated by the fact that opposing defenses don’t view him as a threat to score.

“His injuries have really hurt his value,” a Western Conference scout said of Ball.

Another Ingram supporter from the Western Conference also pointed to his potential as the reason why he’d be the most coveted.

Ingram’s detractors, of which there are some, have him as far down the list as third because of a combination of poor shooting, passivity and physical concerns.

“Average motor,” said an Eastern Conference scout who ranked Ingram behind Kuzma and Ball. “His scores are too tough. It doesn’t look as easy as it should at his size. [He’s] not as tough as he needs to be, not a three-point shooter and an inefficient playmaker.”

He has a higher ceiling,” one Eastern Conference scout said of the 6-foot-9 Ingram. “Kuzma might be a better player today, but if someone wants an asset, it’s Ingram.”
This is interesting because I mentioned a while ago that Ball needs to develop an offensive "go to" move to keep defenses honest. Someone countered that and said he is fine as is.

Could it be that the addition of LBJ actually exposed Ball's offensive inefficiency?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a HC in mind? All I can think of right now are sarcastic suggestions. Papa Ball. Scott Brooks. Former Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops.
Yea there aren't many...but I think a coach like Pop would do wonders for RW. He's the type of player that doesn't understand how structure could actually HELP his game.

If we're talking actual coaches that are available, maybe Mark Jackson? It would have to be a coach that isn't brand new to this & has had some success.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda late...but Luka is the next star in the making. I mean he is only 19 about to be 20 and he is already very very good. Even though I love Ayton, Luka is easily the best player in the 18 draft so far

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This explains why Victor was a shit player in Orlando.

As for Harden, usually when you go from 3rd option/6th man to #1 option/starter, you will typically excel lol

As for KD, usually when you play on a team with several top options where teams can't focus on you then your play will excel.

Teams can't lock in on KD as they did in OKC because they must guard him 1 on 1
Not exactly.

Wasn't Victor a younger player in Orlando trying to figure out who he was as a player? The idea of pairing a young guy with an established guy is to help the younger player grow through experience. That clearly didn't happen while Vic was in OKC.

In the case with Harden, he should've been able to excel while playing WITH RW & KD - similar to what we see in GS (ALL of them have shinning moments). But that can only happen if guys are unselfish.

As for KD, his efficiency has risen because he now plays in a STRUCTURED offense rather than getting a pass from RW with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. They actually runs plays in GS and don't rely on iso ball the entire game. Believe it or not those intangibles make a HUGE difference.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or the Kings could make the playoffs (3 games out of 8th - Clippers), the Grizz could finish bottom 8 (currently 6), and the Clips could slip to the lottery (2 games ahead of 9th - Lakers), leaving the Celtics with only their own pick. 2 of those seem quite possible, with the Kings having the toughest road.

Future additional 1sts are only carried forward extensions of these picks.
Great, say all those things happen and none of those picks convey.

Celtics youth ---------------> Lakers youth.

If they wait til Summer, Celtics have the ability to offer more.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being honest would hurt their rep. I just find it absurd the league leader in 3-POINT FG% doesn't get an invite to the 3-POINT SHOOTOUT.

I might be being irrational over something silly. I just have seen Bertans grow his game over the years and to see him not get any recognition or a nod for it in this season, his best season by far, is frustrating.

I agree in general.

But at the same time, these events are really more about what will draw the most fans vs. what will yield the best product. That is true for the all star game too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen.

But, how about Davis to the Lakers at the deadline and Kyrie to the Lakers in free agency?

That Shit could actually happen.

Here is the thing: He knows the Celtics can't deal for him now. He wants to be a Lakers.

Here is the other thing though.

There is still only slightly more than a 0% chance Davis moves this season. The Pelicans really have to wait until they hear Boston's package. That is unless the believe the Lakers offer gives them a chance to start completely over and get a couple extra lotto picks.

If the NOLA tank scenario proves true, I would think the Lakers and Pels would need to find a 3rd team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This explains why Victor was a shit player in Orlando.

As for Harden, usually when you go from 3rd option/6th man to #1 option/starter, you will typically excel lol

As for KD, usually when you play on a team with several top options where teams can't focus on you then your play will excel.

Teams can't lock in on KD as they did in OKC because they must guard him 1 on 1

He wasn't bad in Orlando though.

He averaged 18 4 and 4 with improving efficiency in his second year. His 3rd season, his efficiency continued to progress but terrible coach Scott Skiles inexplicably cut his minutes and brought him off the bench for a bunch of games, hurting his overall production.

He struggled in OKC then broke out last year in Indy.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the views and the money, which is a damn shame. The league leader in 3pt shooting (only who have taken a certain amount, obviously. Like over 150 taken at least) and the defending champ should automatically have the first two invites, if you ask me.

I agree. But the all star game and all star weekend is supposed to be "for the fans". That' why I've never been one to complain about fan voting. The whole thing is for the fans, which means it's who the fans want to see.

Unfortunately, that sometimes costs better or more deserving players a spot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But the all star game and all star weekend is supposed to be "for the fans". That' why I've never been one to complain about fan voting. The whole thing is for the fans, which means it's who the fans want to see.

Unfortunately, that sometimes costs better or more deserving players a spot.

If A.S. weekend was really for the fans the tickets would be free.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on where CarMElo Anthony will end up? With the right team that brick layer could be a valuable asset.

@ChiefsLakers67 don't you think he'd look great in the Purple n Gold?:heh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD requesting a trade?? Sounds like his new agent has gotten in his head. If I'm NOLA FO I definitely don't make a deal with the Lakers. A. their assets currently aren't good & B. Revenge to talking our franchise player into going rogue lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the other thing though.

There is still only slightly more than a 0% chance Davis moves this season. The Pelicans really have to wait until they hear Boston's package. That is unless the believe the Lakers offer gives them a chance to start completely over and get a couple extra lotto picks.

If the NOLA tank scenario proves true, I would think the Lakers and Pels would need to find a 3rd team.
I don't think they will trade him to the Lakers period after seeing the statement they released.

Reactions: LAD