• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess u cant really blame AD for asking out of New Orleans. He's looking at Giannis and how the bucks were able build a nice team around him. Jrue Holiday has been inconsistent since his days in philly. Randle is a nice add on. Other than that, they have nothing. And after 7 years, the pelicans are no further now than they were then.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess u cant really blame AD for asking out of New Orleans. He's looking at Giannis and how the bucks were able build a nice team around him. Jrue Holiday has been inconsistent since his days in philly. Randle is a nice add on. Other than that, they have nothing. And after 7 years, the pelicans are no further now than they were then.
All good points. But, if I'm his teammate I'm asking the question "why now" instead of at the end of the season?

And I'm pretty sure the answer to that questions has something to do with him wanting to play with LBJ in LA & his agent being a vehicle to try to make that happen due to his relationship with both AD & LBJ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Might just be trying to create leverage, start off negotiations playing hardball.
The Pelicans already have leverage.

It's called the Boston Celtics.

This is not a negotiation.

Give me everything or I deal him elsewhere.

Like the Spurs, Pacers I think they would take a lesser offer just to spite you.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next klutch sports representative to demand a trade is Ben Simmons. If he doesn't, once his rookie deal is up, Simmons is bouncing out of philly and heading to LA as well.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the Spurs, Pacers I think they would take a lesser offer just to spite you.
Agreed. Lakers can't mess around. If there exists an offer from the Lakers that would be enough for pelicans to take before feb 7th, you have to do it. Anyone but LeBron.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points. But, if I'm his teammate I'm asking the question "why now" instead of at the end of the season?

And I'm pretty sure the answer to that questions has something to do with him wanting to play with LBJ in LA & his agent being a vehicle to try to make that happen due to his relationship with both AD & LBJ.

Bingo.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Lakers can't mess around. If there exists an offer from the Lakers that would be enough for pelicans to take before feb 7th, you have to do it. Anyone but LeBron.
I understand your wishful thinking stand point. But, in all honesty there isn't an offer from the Lakers that should be enough this early in the game. I mean good gawd, this was just announced a few hours ago. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next klutch sports representative to demand a trade is Ben Simmons. If he doesn't, once his rookie deal is up, Simmons is bouncing out of philly and heading to LA as well.
SMH

Klutch got the millenial market hemmed up lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers shouldn't try and lowball the Pelicans.....if there's a chance, you offer anybody but James......you can't bank on him coming in 2020. Start out offering Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, KCP (needed to make the salaries match) and a pick or 2.

Even with that, I think we'd need a 3rd team involved somehow to sweeten the offer.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, if I'm NOLA the offer has to be AD for LBJ straight up or no deal lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers shouldn't try and lowball the Pelicans.....if there's a chance, you offer anybody but James......you can't bank on him coming in 2020. Start out offering Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, KCP (needed to make the salaries match) and a pick or 2.

Even with that, I think we'd need a 3rd team involved somehow to sweeten the offer.
Yes, you'd definitely need to get a 3rd team involved. That is what they should be working on as we speak. And I don't think NOLA wants KCP or Ball, jus sayin.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't bad in Orlando though.

He averaged 18 4 and 4 with improving efficiency in his second year. His 3rd season, his efficiency continued to progress but terrible coach Scott Skiles inexplicably cut his minutes and brought him off the bench for a bunch of games, hurting his overall production.

He struggled in OKC then broke out last year in Indy.

Victor gives Westbrook all the credit in the world for his breakout year. He said there is no way he would be the player he is now without Russ. That Westbrook work ethic is rubbing off on Terrance Furgeson too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

Another thing that people aren't taking into consideration...

You need to clear Ball and Ingram's salary to have a max slot for a 3rd guy next Summer.

There is no other way.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir....

Plus, you clean your books for next year.

You get Davis, you don't need to land a Durant or Kawhi.

Kemba, Vuvecic, Jordan, Bledsoe, Middleton would be just fine.

You could also kick the tires on a guy like Kanter if Brow is on your roster.

....and JJ Redick as a shooter...I know how you love it when I mention him...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor gives Westbrook all the credit in the world for his breakout year. He said there is no way he would be the player he is now without Russ. That Westbrook work ethic is rubbing off on Terrance Furgeson too.
lol yea the beauty is we can make our mouths say anything. But, actions always speak louder than words. I'm sure none of them want to ruffle RW's feathers as they've seen him go after KD lol. But, we can't dispute the results after Vic left OKC.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir....

Plus, you clean your books for next year.

You get Davis, you don't need to land a Durant or Kawhi.

Kemba, Vuvecic, Jordan, Bledsoe, Middleton would be just fine.

You could also kick the tires on a guy like Kanter if Brow is on your roster.

....and JJ Redick as a shooter...I know how you love it when I mention him...lol
And you don't think NOLA has considered any of this can happen in their own Conference at the expense of them trading AD?? lol

I am not saying it can't happen because I've seen stranger deals struck...but if they don't want to be talked about (in the worst way around the league) their best bet is to wait & trade him to the opposite conf to Boston & get some nice pieces in return.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes but it does matter because AD isn't a FA this summer.

Yes and no.

It matters because teams aren't likely to give up much in the way of assets for a 1 year rental.

Heard an interesting interview with Dan Woike(?) from the LA Times today. He said that he thinks the timing of this announcement was to give the Lakers a window where they would have the advantage in trade negotiations. There was really no other reason to announce that now.

He said that the Pelicans would be smart to wait until the off-season though, because they will likely get a better offer from Celtics yet.

He also said though, that Rich Paul is the shoe that hasn't dropped yet. That if he contacts GM's of any interested teams and basically says, there is no way AD is re-signing with you, that could depress the market enough to give the Lakers the edge.

Gonna be a very interesting 10 days and a very interesting off-season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers need to just hand over a copy of the roster with a line drawn through Lebron's name and say...pick whoever you want and as many as you want.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need to just hand over a copy of the roster with a line drawn through Lebron's name and say...pick whoever you want and as many as you want.
Dude, did you see the Shams tweet about Lonzo not wanting to go to the Pelicans?

Lmfao

Boy, puhlease......

Your ass is injured and a project.