• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the other thing though.

There is still only slightly more than a 0% chance Davis moves this season. The Pelicans really have to wait until they hear Boston's package. That is unless the believe the Lakers offer gives them a chance to start completely over and get a couple extra lotto picks.

If the NOLA tank scenario proves true, I would think the Lakers and Pels would need to find a 3rd team.
Boston just has by far a much, much more attractive package considering they would basically be starting over without AD. Brown & Tatum are very nice pieces to add to Holiday & Randal. This should be a no brainer for Nola IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will trade him to the Lakers period after seeing the statement they released.

Eh. Might just be trying to create leverage, start off negotiations playing hardball.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston just has by far a much, much more attractive package considering they would basically be starting over without AD. Brown & Tatum are very nice pieces to add to Holiday & Randal. This should be a no brainer for Nola IMO.

If today's reports that AD isn't interested in Boston are true, it doesn't really matter. By the time the off-season gets here, AD will be an expiring contact, a rental, worth much
much more to the teams he wants to go to than to the teams he doesn't want to go to.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the other thing though.

There is still only slightly more than a 0% chance Davis moves this season. The Pelicans really have to wait until they hear Boston's package. That is unless the believe the Lakers offer gives them a chance to start completely over and get a couple extra lotto picks.

If the NOLA tank scenario proves true, I would think the Lakers and Pels would need to find a 3rd team.
It's a risk to wait though. AD will still be coveted, obviously, but he gains more leverage over where he goes as the end of his contact gets closer. It's essentially getting 2 years of AD now vs 1 in July.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the basis of these reports?
Unnamed sources via Chris Haynes and a few other reports. Could be completely bogus of course, which is why I prefaced it with "if true".

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnamed sources via Chris Haynes and a few other reports. Could be completely bogus of course, which is why I prefaced it with "if true".
Pretty sketchy.

It's not hard to imagine that these "sources" want AD in L.A. purple by the trade deadline... and what better way to try to manipulate that then by throwing shade on the apparent top destination otherwise?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If today's reports that AD isn't interested in Boston are true, it doesn't really matter. By the time the off-season gets here, AD will be an expiring contact, a rental, worth much
much more to the teams he wants to go to than to the teams he doesn't want to go to.
Oh yes but it does matter because AD isn't a FA this summer.

So, if I'm the Pels I try to get the best package I can knowing he's leaving one way or the other. And the most they can get for AD currently comes from Boston in the summer. After watching the outcome of the PG saga end with him being happy & staying with OKC, and possibly the same outcome with Kawhi in TOR Boston would more than likely take that risk on trading for him.

This entire situation smells to me like he wants to be in LA w/ Bron though. I would be thoroughly surprised if they put out his preference list & the Lakers weren't at the top.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sketchy.

It's not hard to imagine that these "sources" want AD in L.A. purple by the trade deadline... and what better way to try to manipulate that then by throwing shade on the apparent top destination otherwise?
Yeah no doubt.

Everything that breaks in this is going to come from sources with an agenda. Important to keep in mind - on all sides.

Reactions: LAD

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no doubt.

Everything that breaks in this is going to come from sources with an agenda. Important to keep in mind - on all sides.
Yep.

What's funny (to me) about these "AD no likey Celtics" rumors is that they play on the fear that Kyrie might not re-sign in Boston.

Let me ask any reasonable person this: if the C's bag AD, is there any doubt in the entire universe that Kyrie wouldn't re-sign with Boston?

Give me a break.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes but it does matter because AD isn't a FA this summer.

So, if I'm the Pels I try to get the best package I can knowing he's leaving one way or the other. And the most they can get for AD currently comes from Boston in the summer. After watching the outcome of the PG saga end with him being happy & staying with OKC, and possibly the same outcome with Kawhi in TOR Boston would more than likely take that risk on trading for him.

This entire situation smells to me like he wants to be in LA w/ Bron though. I would be thoroughly surprised if they put out his preference list & the Lakers weren't at the top.

Yeah all good points.

There's still risk in waiting is all I'm saying. Leverage can change. Injuries can happen (not just to AD but teams involved). Leverage can change.

If you get an offer youre happy with now, I think you take it. If boston promises something that blows today's offers out of the water... It might be worth the risk to wait. But it's a risk.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

What's funny (to me) about these "AD no likey Celtics" rumors is that they play on the fear that Kyrie might not re-sign in Boston.

Let me ask any reasonable person this: if the C's bag AD, is there any doubt in the entire universe that Kyrie wouldn't re-sign with Boston?

Give me a break.
Yeah and it's almost irrelevant because if they get AD it would likely be after Kyrie has signed anyway.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risk to wait though. AD will still be coveted, obviously, but he gains more leverage over where he goes as the end of his contact gets closer. It's essentially getting 2 years of AD now vs 1 in July.
Ummm, not even close to 2 years when we consider he's currently injured AND they are at the half way point of the season.
Side note: Originally he was out for 2-4 weeks, now they say he can be back next week. lol something ain't clean in the milk.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, not even close to 2 years when we consider he's currently injured AND they are at the half way point of the season.
Side note: Originally he was out for 2-4 weeks, now they say he can be back next week. lol something ain't clean in the milk.
Yeah but any team that would be renting him would really be renting him for the playoffs. Get him now and you get two years of playoffs, get him in the off season, you get 1.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah all good points.

There's still risk in waiting is all I'm saying. Leverage can change. Injuries can happen (not just to AD but teams involved). Leverage can change.

If you get an offer youre happy with now, I think you take it. If boston promises something that blows today's offers out of the water... It might be worth the risk to wait. But it's a risk.
Of course there are risks, but I think specifically in this case, the risk is rushing to get this done when there should be ZERO reason to rush.

In this particular case they have time on their side. Think of it from this perspective. Boston can offer players that are potential stars & have shown as such - Brown, Tatum & Rozier- took their team to the ECF without a franchise player anchoring them. And let's not forget that Ainge has stock piled picks like one prepping for a natural disaster. lol In contrast, what are the Lakers offering?

Also, we can't totally forget that maybe NOLA doesn't want to trade him to LA for the simple fact that they may feel some collusion might have taken place given he & LBJ have the same agent?

As far as injuries, yes that can very well happen. It has already happened to one of the Lakers biggest assets & if it were to happen to one or more of Boston's players in question that would only help the Lakers in regards to negotiations.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but any team that would be renting him would really be renting him for the playoffs. Get him now and you get two years of playoffs, get him in the off season, you get 1.
All teams not named Boston. Again, Boston can't trade for him until the summer. And again, we've seen it done in the recent past.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Give me a break.

If AD ends up in Boston that means Kyrie won't be the bestest player on the team. Only 1 logic thing for Uncle Drew to do if the Unbrow ends up in Beantown. Go back to Cleveland.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do any of these unnamed sources involve 1 of Kevin Durant's social media accounts?

Last edited: