• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or the Kings could make the playoffs (3 games out of 8th - Clippers), the Grizz could finish bottom 8 (currently 6), and the Clips could slip to the lottery (2 games ahead of 9th - Lakers), leaving the Celtics with only their own pick. 2 of those seem quite possible, with the Kings having the toughest road.

Future additional 1sts are only carried forward extensions of these picks.

My bad, Kings pick isn't protected; the Celtics get the better pick of the Kings and Sixers (easily the Kings pick).

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe he has learned his lesson from the Durant debacle.

He got his MVP.

But, his Team wasn't true contenders with him as the #1.

There is no replacing Durant.

But, George has been a hell of a consolation prize.

I think he realizes that he can't do it alone.
I think PG is a great fit too...but I'm not sold on RW having changed his ways just yet. Time will tell.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't recall Russ ever making any issue about being outshined.

All things considered, his teammates love him. Even when they leave OKC, they say great things about him. See Oladipo and Lamb as examples of this.
No Russ has never verbalized his envy. IMO he shows it on the court by trying to take over & state his dominance. He repeatedly did that with KD & that behavior was never corrected which is why KD left. He did the same with Victor. It's no coinkidink that when players leave OKC they excel with their new teams. KD, Victor & Harden are all examples of this.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrick's #'s look great if you don't pay attention to his shooting %. .418 from the field (worst since his rookie year). .243 from downtown (worst since his 2nd year in the league). And a pathetic (for a PG) .650 from the charity stripe (worst of his career).
lol exactly
people want to give him credit for his effort, which is fine, but that shouldn't cover up the fact that he is very inefficient.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should try to improve on his shot selection? Until I looked his #'s up I didn't realize how bad they are this year. Still a helluva hoopster though. And there aren't many teams in the league that wouldn't want him.
They need a coach that will help get RW in check in that regard. Letting have free reign isn't always good for the team. As we've seen in the past it has literally lost them games/series.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol exactly
people want to give him credit for his effort, which is fine, but that shouldn't cover up the fact that he is very inefficient.

Is it me or does Westbrook always look like he's ready to sucker punch someone? Not sure I've ever seen him smile on the court.

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a coach that will help get RW in check in that regard. Letting have free reign isn't always good for the team. As we've seen in the past it has literally lost them games/series.

You have a HC in mind? All I can think of right now are sarcastic suggestions. Papa Ball. Scott Brooks. Former Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a HC in mind? All I can think of right now are sarcastic suggestions. Papa Ball. Scott Brooks. Former Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops.

I don't think there is a coach alive that can alter the way Westbrook plays. I just don't see it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the ISO needs to stop.
Move the ball. I would have liked to have seen Green get the ball or even Lowry.

Need to move the ball better at end of game .

Still the Raptors played like absolute crap and still had the last shot to tie or win

Games like this will only help down the stretch and in the playoffs
Lowry with the game on the line???

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Russ has never verbalized his envy. IMO he shows it on the court by trying to take over & state his dominance. He repeatedly did that with KD & that behavior was never corrected which is why KD left. He did the same with Victor. It's no coinkidink that when players leave OKC they excel with their new teams. KD, Victor & Harden are all examples of this.

This explains why Victor was a shit player in Orlando.

As for Harden, usually when you go from 3rd option/6th man to #1 option/starter, you will typically excel lol

As for KD, usually when you play on a team with several top options where teams can't focus on you then your play will excel.

Teams can't lock in on KD as they did in OKC because they must guard him 1 on 1

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An epic failure?
They grabbed a legit superstar that is having a career year in Toronto

If he leaves the Raptors unloaded Derozans monster contract. They were not going to win anything with their status quo.
It was a brilliant trade. I dont see why Kawhi would leave. Having a great shot thru the East with an organization that has shown they will make the moves needed to put a contender on the court year after year
I still wonder if giving up Derozan was the right move. See, Kawhi hasn't done anything in Tor so far that Derozan didn't. And now with LBJ out West how do we know how far Derozan could've taken Tor? My point is they were the top team in the East with Derozan but the roadblock was LBJ & the Cavs. He was traded the same year LBJ left the east which was a bit premature - especially when we consider his loyalty to that team vs. Kawhai possibly walking away in the summer. They could end up getting zero on the trade in.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This explains why Victor was a shit player in Orlando.

As for Harden, usually when you go from 3rd option/6th man to #1 option/starter, you will typically excel lol

As for KD, usually when you play on a team with several top options where teams can't focus on you then your play will excel.

Teams can't lock in on KD as they did in OKC because they must guard him 1 on 1

I was tending to agree with what you said, but then there are plenty of players who received expanded roles on teams that didn't make their careers any better.

I mean there's one player in particular who fits all of your criteria above and basically just proves the opposite can be true.

Harrison Barnes.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but if they don't make the deal they have little to no shot to win the East. Might as well go all in if you are them.
I agree they needed to make a trade - I just thought it should've been Lowry for a better #2 option behind Derozan.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won road games in Denver, Houston, and Golden State already.

Beat Denver, Utah, and Portland at home but yeah they can't contend with top teams in the West

I see that some dopey posters continue the trend of analyzing one game during the regular season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif