• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still dumb though. They gave a stupid reason and there's guys like Dirk who got invited who doesn't shoot nearly as many threes. I understand they're big names, but it's a 3-point shootout. Not a popularity contest. Which unfortunately, that's what the NBA has become over the years. Bertans deserves and had earned his way into it. He leads the league in 3pt FG% for crying out loud. At least before last night he did .Haven't checked if he still does .

I agree that they gave a stupid reason, but the bold is incorrect. It is a popularity contest. People aren't going to tune in for a bunch of guys that no one has ever heard of.

So, as @tlance pointed out, we get 2 brothers going against each other and we get Dirk in the 3 point contest because it's probably his last season.

If the NBA were to get what they truly want in this, the finals of the 3 point contest will either Steph vs. Seth or Steph vs. Dirk.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis requesting a trade isn't a surprise.

Wanting it done now excludes the Celtics because they have to include Kyrie.

Hopefully the Lakers aren't stupid enough to do the Low Ball offer thing again.

Lonzo and Ingram are the only guys on the books next year, outside of LeBron, that will make more than 2 mil.

Just give them everyone and have enough room to sign another max guy next summer.

Or, risk the Paul George situation again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis requesting a trade isn't a surprise.

Wanting it done now excludes the Celtics because they have to include Kyrie.

Hopefully the Lakers aren't stupid enough to do the Low Ball offer thing again.

Lonzo and Ingram are the only guys on the books next year, outside of LeBron, that will make more than 2 mil.

Just give them everyone and have enough room to sign another max guy next summer.

Or, risk the Paul George situation again.

Don't even know if this is possible. But with some of the "Lebron and Kyrie reuniting" speculation that has been going on out here...

A 3 team trade that ends up with AD in Boston and Kyrie with the Lakers?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even know if this is possible. But with some of the "Lebron and Kyrie reuniting" speculation that has been going on out here...

It could happen.

But, how about Davis to the Lakers at the deadline and Kyrie to the Lakers in free agency?

That Shit could actually happen.

Here is the thing: He knows the Celtics can't deal for him now. He wants to be a Lakers.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen.

But, how about Davis to the Lakers at the deadline and Kyrie to the Lakers in free agency?

Here is the thing: He knows the Celtics can't deal for him now. He wants to be a Lakers.

I'd be :fap: if that happened. And almost posted that comment.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doubt a trade happens....NO may decide to drag this into the off-season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doubt a trade happens....NO may decide to drag this into the off-season.
If they are smart they will.

Boston could have 3 decent first rounders this Summer to go along with their young players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen.

How do we know this? we all "knew" PG wanted to be a Laker, too.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know this? we all "knew" PG wanted to be a Laker, too.

And that was because of shit PG constantly said about Los Angeles.....until he got butt-hurt that the Lakers didn't trade for him.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they gave a stupid reason, but the bold is incorrect. It is a popularity contest. People aren't going to tune in for a bunch of guys that no one has ever heard of.

So, as @tlance pointed out, we get 2 brothers going against each other and we get Dirk in the 3 point contest because it's probably his last season.

If the NBA were to get what they truly want in this, the finals of the 3 point contest will either Steph vs. Seth or Steph vs. Dirk.
It's all about the views and the money, which is a damn shame. The league leader in 3pt shooting (only who have taken a certain amount, obviously. Like over 150 taken at least) and the defending champ should automatically have the first two invites, if you ask me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen.

I like that scenario.

Yeah, I think if it happens before the off-season, AD will be a Laker. If it happens after the season, it gets a bit more difficult for the Lakers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kyrie wants the Lakers, he can come directly this summer without losing any pieces. Why would the Lakers ever help the Celtics get AD? HIGHLY DOUBTFUL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie wants the Lakers, he can come directly this summer without losing any pieces. Why would the Lakers ever help the Celtics get AD? HIGHLY DOUBTFUL.

Well, the Lakers and Celtics would actually be helping each other (not sure that's a world I want to live in lol).

The Lakers could have gotten PG after the season and not give anything up too. That didn't exactly turn out as they hoped. That would be the reason to do it, imo.

Although, if Kyrie doesn't want the Lakers, then they're losing him for nothing after the season. Sooooo…:noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are smart they will.

Boston could have 3 decent first rounders this Summer to go along with their young players.

...or the Kings could make the playoffs (3 games out of 8th - Clippers), the Grizz could finish bottom 8 (currently 6), and the Clips could slip to the lottery (2 games ahead of 9th - Lakers), leaving the Celtics with only their own pick. 2 of those seem quite possible, with the Kings having the toughest road.

Future additional 1sts are only carried forward extensions of these picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, if Kyrie doesn't want the Lakers, then they're losing him for nothing after the season. Sooooo…:noidea:

Exactly, which is why you don't trade assets for him. Use them for another target to add to Lebron and Kyrie (if he actually has any interest whatsoever, which I doubt).