• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to the Cavs FO, if what I heard is true, the Cavs said they'd make sure Kyrie stayed if Lebron would commit to re-signing. He wouldn't, so they didn't.

I suppose a case can be made that they should have kept him anyway so that they would still have him and therefore an easier rebuild after Lebron left.

But then they'd have risked losing him for nothing.

Seems to be the case, but so many just want to rip Gilbert and the FO any chance they get. If anyone is to be blamed for Kyrie leaving would seem the guy who was the reason he wanted to leave should be the reason.

Then we get stories by Lebron's media fanboys that the Kyrie trade was the beginning of the end for his time there. Really? Lebron was so upset he never even made a call to Kyrie to try and see if they could work it out? And of course there is the story you mention.....if he really wanted to keep him all he had to do was commit to stay. He wouldn't. Clearly, the cavs couldn't do anything to keep him and that's fine. Lebron earned the right to go where he wanted.

And, yes, they could have kept him, but here's what happens then........Kyrie still needs surgery and misses the playoffs. Maybe cavs even go down in round 1 with Calderon having to run the point. Cavs then get ripped for keeping a guy who they knew was going to miss all that time.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks come in to OKC here in a bit, should be a good one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to not like it at all. In fact, I would either stop watching or turn the sound off on games that he was working.

But I've started listening more and some of the stuff he comes up with is unintentionally hilarious. Sometimes you can actually hear the play by play guys eyes roll. lol

He is so out of touch.

I used to hate his announcing when he was NBC's #1 guy. Still don't understand how that happened.

I remember watching an NBA Finals game he was announcing. Bulls turned the ball over and the other team (can't remember what year) had a 2 on 1 break with Pippen back. The ball handler passed a little early to a cutting wing and Pippen slid in and took a charge.

It was a ridiculously good defensive play.

Yet, Bill Walton said something to the effect of:

"What a terrible play by Scottie Pippen. He just got bailed out by the refs. Why would you risk getting a foul called by trying to take a charge? He should have just gone for the blocked shot".

Right Bill. Because blocked shot attempts never result in a defensive foul.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls win one back from the Cavs 101-104 in the Dyin' for Zion series.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you ask for a birth certificate or test her chromosomes first?

What in the entire FUCK!!!!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG with 5 threes and still 8 minutes left in the first half.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

But this isn't about his form. Kyrie plays a version of James Harden hero ball and Hayward thrives off ball movement. The two don't fit. So unless Kyrie decides to leave Boston, I kind of doubt Hayward ever approaches his Utah production.
theres not a coach in the NBA who would rather play boston in a playoff series if they had Irving over Hayward.

if you asked every single coach/gm/commentator--- who would yo urather play? Boston with Kyrie, or Boston with Hayward- and the other guy sits out--- every single one of them would say Kyrie to sit out so fast it would make your head spin.

Kyrie is one of a very very small group of NBA players that can win a playoff a game for you by himself. There might be like 5-6 others in the entire league.
No-Doubters:

Curry
Durant
Davis
LeBron
Harden
RW
Irving

Maybes:
maybe Giannis
maybe Embiid
maybe Kawhi
mayb Lillard

doubtful but on the periphery:
Jokic
Mitchell
PG
Oladipo
Towns

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres not a coach in the NBA who would rather play boston in a playoff series if they had Irving over Hayward.

if you asked every single coach/gm/commentator--- who would yo urather play? Boston with Kyrie, or Boston with Hayward- and the other guy sits out--- every single one of them would say Kyrie to sit out so fast it would make your head spin.

Kyrie is one of a very very small group of NBA players that can win a playoff a game for you by himself. There might be like 5-6 others in the entire league.
No-Doubters:

Curry
Durant
Davis
LeBron
Harden
RW
Irving

Maybes:
maybe Giannis
maybe Embiid
maybe Kawhi
mayb Lillard

doubtful but on the periphery:
Jokic
Mitchell
PG
Oladipo
Towns
Klay Thompson won a playoff game all by himself in 2016 with the Ws down 3-1 to the Thunder. In OKC

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson won a playoff game all by himself in 2016 with the Ws down 3-1 to the Thunder. In OKC

He had a lot of help from Durant and Westbrook in that one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good game in the OKC tonight, Bucks made a run but PG and Grant mopped it up late.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Lebron or Kuzma tonight and obviously no Ball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, It's essentially a chick flick.

My husband fled in horror to clean the garage as soon as we turned on the surround sound....lol

ETA : It will be less painful to watch than the Suns vs. Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have LeBron James at the back end of his prime, but still in his prime, and its January and you are already talking about "next summer"- its really all that needs to be said.

pathetic.

funniest thing is that Randle and Russell might be the 2 best guys the Lakers drafted or at least right up there.
I think LeBron told the Lakers that he expected the rebuild to take some time - He isn't looking for the shit he had in Cleveland - you know - Where gets to the finals year after and still loses because he doesn't have a ghost of a chance and honestly - considering how much you was slurping his balls for the last five years - you sound more butt hurt then any one. I'm not expecting the Lakers to get to the finals with or without LeBron and I wasn't a big fan in signing him. I was concerned about his age to begin with. I already knew that injuries were possible and they would have happened sooner in Cleveland - The one thing that I remember Magic Saying - is that he does not want a repeat of the Cavaliers. He said from the beginning straight to LeBron that He(LeBron) needed to do less on the court. The injury shows me that Magic had the right idea - Now we will see what happens to Luke Walton, but unless Walton gets to the Western Conference Finals - I think he will be summarily dismissed early.