• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see James and Irving reunite just to see the Cavs fans reactions.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GH isn't going to be back to his old self till next season clearly.....if ever again.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we will see what happens this summer, but I do know that Magic Johnson clearly said that He was not interested in doing a repeat of the Cavaliers or their template - so I think any expecting the Lakers to fire Luke Walton, Hire Tyrone Lue and sign Irving; is expecting a bit much. That would be copying the template of the Cavaliers. Magic Johnson has a different vision in mind and clearly wants the players to do more and LeBron to do less. LeBron's recent injury clearly demonstrates that He(LeBron) needs to do less as he gets older and also shows that Magic was correct with his vision. Personally I think Magic would might be interested in Irving if he could get him with another marquee player like Leonard - but I do think a defensive player and hi caliber point guard is in Magic's vision. I personally don't think Lonzo Ball will ever be that point guard for LeBron - I think Lonzo would take to long and the Lakers wants to go to the finals before LeBron is older and declining more which I think kills the expectation of the trolls in here like @WiggyRuss and @lebron23james. Sorry guys but:nono::nono::nono: Not going to happen like you think

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we will see what happens this summer, but I do know that Magic Johnson clearly said that He was not interested in doing a repeat of the Cavaliers or their template - so I think any expecting the Lakers to fire Luke Walton, Hire Tyrone Lue and sign Irving; is expecting a bit much. That would be copying the template of the Cavaliers. Magic Johnson has a different vision in mind and clearly wants the players to do more and LeBron to do less. LeBron's recent injury clearly demonstrates that He(LeBron) needs to do less as he gets older and also shows that Magic was correct with his vision. Personally I think Magic would might be interested in Irving if he could get him with another marquee player like Leonard - but I do think a defensive player and hi caliber point guard is in Magic's vision. I personally don't think Lonzo Ball will ever be that point guard for LeBron - I think Lonzo would take to long and the Lakers wants to go to the finals before LeBron is older and declining more which I think kills the expectation of the trolls in here like @WiggyRuss and @lebron23james. Sorry guys but:nono::nono::nono: Not going to happen like you think
you have LeBron James at the back end of his prime, but still in his prime, and its January and you are already talking about "next summer"- its really all that needs to be said.

pathetic.

funniest thing is that Randle and Russell might be the 2 best guys the Lakers drafted or at least right up there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hayward learns how to play basketball consistently, it is a 6 or 7 game series.

Otherwise it is a short 5 game series IMO

I disagree.

Hayward might get hot and help win a game here and there, but he is mostly irrelevant to the Celtics' success as anything more than depth.

The reason: Smart, Brown, Tatum and Morris all offer more defensively. Since the Celtics offensive game plan revolves around Kyrie, Hayward's impact will always be somewhat muted there. I am just not sure that he fits the playing style that the Celtics are best equipped to win with.

The Celtics are capable of winning the East and taking a game from GS for sure. But Hayward isn't the answer that can bring them more. That will hinge on lights out play from Kyrie and good shooting from
Guys like Smart and Morris.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie thought he was ready for a team to be built around him, and found it that it wasn't so easy - Unlike Kobe and Shaq - Kyrie figured out quickly he had a better thing with LeBron. If you are the Lakers, however I think the Lakers would have to look at

Butler
Leonard
Cousins
and a few others before making a good decision - but if the Lakers could get two free agents of Irving's caliber and irving was one of them - then The Warriors would not be guaranteed to win a title next year.

Unless any of them do like PG and just re-sign with their current team as soon as they are allowed to, I'm sure the Lakers will at least kick the tires on pretty much all of the top FA's. They'll likely start with KD and move from there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

After the Warriors/Celtics, I caught a little bit of UCLA/Arizona and the following conversation happened that suggests ol' Bill may have dropped little too much acid in college.

Play by play announcer: USC beat Arizona St. in a close one 69-67.

Walton: Nice win for USC. Props to Andy Enfield, he's doing a really nice job and has the Trojans playing some great basketball right now.

Fast forward 4 minutes (not 4 minutes of game time, 4 minutes of real time).

Walton: USC and Arizona St. are both playing some really good basketball right now. By the way, who won that game tonight?

Play by play announcer: I just said, like 4 minutes ago that USC won. You even commented and gave props to Andy Enfield. You don't remember that?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

After the Warriors/Celtics, I caught a little bit of UCLA/Arizona and the following conversation happened that suggests ol' Bill may have dropped little too much acid in college.

Walton: Nice win for USC. Props to Andy Enfield, he's doing a really nice job and has the Trojans playing some great basketball right now.

Walton: USC and Arizona St. are both playing some really good basketball right now. By the way, who won that game tonight?

Play by play announcer: I just said, like 4 minutes ago that USC won. You even commented and gave props to Andy Enfield. You don't remember that?

May have dropped too much acid?

He probably still does.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

tenor.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

:lol:

I love listening to a game he's announcing....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Hayward might get hot and help win a game here and there, but he is mostly irrelevant to the Celtics' success as anything more than depth.

The reason: Smart, Brown, Tatum and Morris all offer more defensively. Since the Celtics offensive game plan revolves around Kyrie, Hayward's impact will always be somewhat muted there. I am just not sure that he fits the playing style that the Celtics are best equipped to win with.

The Celtics are capable of winning the East and taking a game from GS for sure. But Hayward isn't the answer that can bring them more. That will hinge on lights out play from Kyrie and good shooting from
Guys like Smart and Morris.

I think he'll be back to hs previous form next season.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be back to hs previous form next season.....

Maybe.

But this isn't about his form. Kyrie plays a version of James Harden hero ball and Hayward thrives off ball movement. The two don't fit. So unless Kyrie decides to leave Boston, I kind of doubt Hayward ever approaches his Utah production.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

But this isn't about his form. Kyrie plays a version of James Harden hero ball and Hayward thrives off ball movement. The two don't fit. So unless Kyrie decides to leave Boston, I kind of doubt Hayward ever approaches his Utah production.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Gordon Hayward is a Miami Heat if Boston knew they were going to get Kyrie

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

I don't expect Irving to be there much longer.

GH fits much better with the team that played well in the postseason last season than Irving does.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Um.......MAY have?

He probably dropped acid that day