• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Game of the Millennium Tonight!!: GS @ BOS

I have some burning questions:

1.) Will Golden State lose by 30ish points, or 50ish points?

Tough call. But Golden State has some pretty good players, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say they only lose by 30ish.

2.) Will this whopping loss affect what Golden State does at the trade deadline?

Absolutely, IMO. Once they see that they can't match up with Boston, the Warriors will look to make some major moves.

3.) Is Steve Kerr on the hot seat?

No doubt. Golden State's front office is gonna be looking for a scapegoat after tonight, and the head coach is usually target #1.

---------

Thoughts?

Might be the best, most accurate analysis I've seen. Absolutely spot on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts debate trade value of Lakers’ young players as NBA deadline approaches

Because of recent subpar play, big trades with Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma or Lonzo Ball as centerpieces might not materialize as the team heads toward the Feb. 7 noon trade deadline.

“The aggregate value of their assets was much higher six months ago than it is today,” one Western Conference executive told the Los Angeles Times on the condition of anonymity. “And, for all of them, with the exception of Kyle Kuzma, that value is worse.”

The big knocks on Ball, predictably, are his inability to stay healthy and his offensive game outside of passing.

One executive said Ball didn’t have the necessary personality to “run a team,” and that his passing ability gets negated by the fact that opposing defenses don’t view him as a threat to score.

“His injuries have really hurt his value,” a Western Conference scout said of Ball.

Another Ingram supporter from the Western Conference also pointed to his potential as the reason why he’d be the most coveted.

Ingram’s detractors, of which there are some, have him as far down the list as third because of a combination of poor shooting, passivity and physical concerns.

“Average motor,” said an Eastern Conference scout who ranked Ingram behind Kuzma and Ball. “His scores are too tough. It doesn’t look as easy as it should at his size. [He’s] not as tough as he needs to be, not a three-point shooter and an inefficient playmaker.”

He has a higher ceiling,” one Eastern Conference scout said of the 6-foot-9 Ingram. “Kuzma might be a better player today, but if someone wants an asset, it’s Ingram.”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland resting Dame tonight which means he will only have to play 1 game over the next 13 days.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers are good

Them and the Jazz, I think, have really solidified themselves in the West playoff picture.

I agree. I think the only team in the current top 7 that can fall out of the playoffs race is the Spurs. The other 6 I feel are locks unless a star player suffers a significant injury

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

They were speculating about that on sports talk out here yesterday. A couple of guys think it could actually happen.

I'd be shocked if it did. But weirder shit has happened. I know Kyrie didn't leave because Lebron wanted him gone.
I think Kyrie thought he was ready for a team to be built around him, and found it that it wasn't so easy - Unlike Kobe and Shaq - Kyrie figured out quickly he had a better thing with LeBron. If you are the Lakers, however I think the Lakers would have to look at

Butler
Leonard
Cousins
and a few others before making a good decision - but if the Lakers could get two free agents of Irving's caliber and irving was one of them - then The Warriors would not be guaranteed to win a title next year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a finals preview.

Hope everyone is watching

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has such a pretty game... he's unguardable in that offense, he can take and make 1-on-1 jumpers all day.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie on fire
He's playing well... but he looks a little tired to me... (he's recovering from recent bout with the Flu)... I hope he doesn't wear down over the course of the game.