• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers 21st on this list. Exactly why i think there's a chance the Lakers miss the playoffs

Give me James on the Lakers and I'd take them over the Clipps. And I think most NBA fans would also.

Add him for full games to the team on Christmas Day and they are dangerous.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Playoffs been boring as hell for the last 2 seasons."

This is what you said.....now you're trying to clean it up.

I'm not trying to clean up anything.

Show me where i said every series is boring in my original comment.

There are 15 series played in the playoffs. If i only enjoy fewer than 5 of those series t ib en the playoffs were trash.

Until you find a comment where i said every series was boring then shut the fuck up

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to clean up anything.

Show me where i said every series is boring in my original comment.

There are 15 series played in the playoffs. If i only enjoy fewer than 5 of those series t ib en the playoffs were trash.

Until you find a comment where i said every series was boring then shut the fuck up

Angry?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me James on the Lakers and I'd take them over the Clipps. And I think most NBA fans would also.

Add him for full games to the team on Christmas Day and they are dangerous.

And this point is completely irrelevant....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO......your opinion is different.....

How can a person's personal opinion be wrong?

You can't find a single person with a brain who will say there's never been a boring playoffs in nba history

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare you have the nerve to ask if someone's angry after they said playoffs been boring as hell the last 2 seasons (# 15268)? It's obvious he didn't mean all of the playoff series. Even if he never said it.:heh:

:trash:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO......your opinion is different.....

How can a person's personal opinion be wrong?

Not trying to take sides on this one....

But anybody who posts here regularly has seen some "personal opinions" that are very clearly wrong. So yeah. Opinions can be wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont watch hockey but yeah this 8s true. Those games are insane and UNPREDICTABLE

imo it goes like this for playoffs

NHL
MLB
NFL
NBA

So based on your list, unpredictability of outcome matters more to you than anything else. Which I get.

But watchability of the sport in general matters more to me, and I think most people. So I rank the big 4 like this:

1) NFL
2) NBA
3) NHL
4) MLB

Because I would much rather watch a great team or a great player do their thing in a sport I love than watch an unpredictable series in a sport I only have passing interest in.

There will still be story lines that make this years' playoffs worth watching, even if the Warriors go 16-0.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on your list, unpredictability of outcome matters more to you than anything else. Which I get.

But watchability of the sport in general matters more to me, and I think most people. So I rank the big 4 like this:

1) NFL
2) NBA
3) NHL
4) MLB

Because I would much rather watch a great team or a great player do their thing in a sport I love than watch an unpredictable series in a sport I only have passing interest in.

There will still be story lines that make this years' playoffs worth watching, even if the Warriors go 16-0.

I get that. What i will say is I'll be looking forward to this playoffs more than the last 3.

For the first time probably since 2015, we don't know who the finals will be thanks to Lebron going to the west.

East playoffs should be interesting....not sure if it means great series but will be unpredictable

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure.

If anything, it could be the opposite.

The Raptors won short term because they got the best player and Danny Green who is also very solid. I said it was worth the risk and it was. But if Kawhi leaves they will end up crippling themselves for a 1 year rental in a year where the champ was predetermined.

The Spurs? They had to move Kawhi. They got win now talent back and will likely make the playoffs again. But they are not the contender they would have been with Kawhi and their window to get back to that status is likely closed for the next few years at least.

The Spurs lost this trade as soon as they broke their relationship with Kawhi. And Toronto loses also if Kawhi leaves, but they clearly won if he doesn't.

I think getting a guy like DeRozan given the situation wasnt a bad deal for the Spurs. They definitely mismanaged Kawhi prior and drove his value down though